Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 16-08-2011, 05:43 PM
Fire7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
I'm the opposite. I don't want to know. I see it as an awfully big adventure.

What if this adventure lands you in Hell, burning with fire and brimstone, and hideous creatures who get off on torturing you? What then?
Old 16-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire7
What if this adventure lands you in Hell, burning with fire and brimstone, and hideous creatures who get off on torturing you? What then?

And knowing this beforehand is going to make you less afraid? How does that work?
Old 16-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Master
In my view it's just like walking into the next room, a sort-of rest home for the spirit until it's time to return. Really, the christian view of judgment, hell, and damnation is very bleak.
Old 16-08-2011, 08:20 PM
Docha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire7
I don't claim the label of Christian, but I have grown up around Christians all of my life. And one pervading idea among them is "Even if it's not true, at least I believed something." But the fact is, no one has ever died before and come back to tell about it. And the many people who claim to have done so, you have to go by their word of mouth.

I often hear people say they're not afraid of death, but I think at least some of these people are trying to look macho. I'm not going to lie though, I am afraid of death; only because I don't know for sure what's going to happen afterward. If I knew for sure, I don't think I would be afraid.

Anyway, not trying to be morbid this morning... just a thought

I'm not afraid of death. I used to be. But the possibilities are endless, my curiosity over rides the fear, and I find I look at it like the next big adventure.

If its as the christians say, I have a rapport with 'god' when faced with judgement day I can stand up and simply say, I did my best with what you gave me.

If its really satan that leads me, well then why would the afterlife with him be so bad? I mean, I am drawn to doing good things not bad, so being tortured for an eternitt just doesn't make sense. Lol

If I am to be reincarnated, well I can't wait to see what is next and who I run into!

If there is purgatory, it will be quite fun to come back and 'haunt' others though I doubt I would be the malicious type.

I'm not looking to rush death. I want to grow old and watch my kids grow. But, it doesn't cause fear.

I do not need to apologize for my beliefs, nor am I opposed to admitting where I am wrong, or taking responsibilities for my choices. Death isn't punnishment, its just change.
Old 16-08-2011, 08:55 PM
PaulChapmanTasmania

Hi Fire7, great topic.

Here are my thoughts:
Every single act we do in this world is to distract ourselves from our mortality, as de.spin said, it is a natural egoistic response.

ALL the scriptures from ALL religions can only be mis-intepreted when we put corporeal explanations on them. When we speak of death, or life, resurrection, raising of the dead, good or evil, etc, etc. We are actually talking about the present moment, of only two things, connected (for all) or disconnected (for me).
We can only experience "spirituality" in this world, there is no after life or reward for being a "good" person in some mythical heaven or suffering in some mythical hell. If we do not actualize life or death in the moment then it is fantasy.
We are part of life and life is whole and in a state of perfection. The reason we do not feel this interconnection is that we are on a path of developing independent consciousness, like a fetus gows through stages to adulthood. A child is totally dependent and without consciousness of what is outside of them. An adult is inter-dependent and sensitively aware of what is outsie of itself. There are many stages between these two.
Eventually we will have no other choice accept to choose to support each other over and above our own egoistic needs.
Ego represents what can I get for myself, this is the spiritual meaning of death.
Life represents a state of feeling interconnectedness with life and all of nature, it represents having the same qualities of nature and therefore DIRECTLY experiencing its intent and purpose.
This is the goal of the whole of creation. That consciousness will directly experience the Creative essence of nature in this world, meaning going above and beyond the egos natural tendency to compete, dominate, revel in prestige, honour, wealth and knowledge, and replace it with the desire to care for everyone.

The ego is our nature and can NEVER be eradiacted, we can use the ego to hunger for spirituality, for seeking connection between us, for feeling what separates us.

Fear is the beginning and is absolutely necessary. Without fear we are lulling ourselves into a feeling of comfortability and inner peace ......... This is also called death ............ So be in fear Fire 7, and perhaps the fear could be that you will not for one moment be separated from the truth that you are the only thing that changes in this perfect world, and what changes, bit by bit are the parts that keep you feeling disconnected.

And once again, great subject, thankyou.
Old 16-08-2011, 11:15 PM
Pathfinder

A few people touched on this in the thread but I would like to try to explain this in a very simple manner.

" If our mind takes everything personal then we fear losing things and get hurt when they are taken from us. If our minds are open and conscious of what's going on outside of our own emotions and feelings then we lose all fear. "

Humanity has been through worse tragedies then anyone person will ever experience. Yet we are so focused on what tragedies we face as if they were the end of humanity or the world itself. Each event is merely a grain of sand on the beaches of causality. If our mind is in the right place and not in self, alone, then we become content.

- Peace to You
Old 17-08-2011, 02:00 AM
Master
How Can You Not Be Afraid of Death?

Fire... No belief will really free you from your fear of death. When identify 'me' as the body then we'll expect that when it dies in physical death it will be the end of me.

However, by discovering your soul, your inner being, your spirit by experiencing it directly within yourself can and does free you from that fear. In knowing what you really are - the essence of you that doesn't die - the fear fades away.

You can come to know your eternal self in deep meditation.

Xan

Old 17-08-2011, 02:37 AM
not human

Good thread Fire. I will try & be honest in the answer. I am afraid of say the physical pain of dying....the transition. However I have experienced death in life, I don't even know if I can put this into words..... It's being totally willing to die, not suicidal just prepared to experience death in order to live freely. As a result that willingness alone eliminates fear...this is not a mental process but one born out of total hopelessness & from that life takes a different shape
Old 17-08-2011, 02:43 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
However, by discovering your soul, your inner being, your spirit by experiencing it directly within yourself can and does free you from that fear. In knowing what you really are - the essence of you that doesn't die - the fear fades away.

I'm curious about something yan. I'm not sure if you read my post which is right up above you, but i do wonder if you know we are saying the same thing in different words?

Not that i have any problem at all with someone saying the same thing as me in their own unique way, infact to see it just fills me with alot of peace and contentment.

I do wonder if you seen it too though or if its just me being the weirdo that i am ;). lol

btw, i'm talking specifically about the words in quotes that i said and the phrase that i quoted from your post. Though the similarities are sudble and not obvious at all.
Old 17-08-2011, 05:17 AM
PaulChapmanTasmania

To me there is a problem with what is called spirituality.
(Is there a thread already on the question WHAT IS SPIRITUALITY? Some of you masters may know? Or perhaps we could start one)
For Instance:
You will NEVER discover spirituality through meditation.
You can NEVER lose fear, it is as much a part of life as the exhale is a part of breathing. You may practice all kinds of things to covince yourself that you are peaceful, content or whatever but in the end these will fall as they are acts of the ego.
There is much to discover on the inward journey, but none of it has to do directly with spirituality.
Anything your mind can think of and everything your heart can feel is dominated by the ego, and therfore not to be trusted. You will Never enter into spirituality through reason.
As I said before at the beginning of my post "Every single act we do in this world is to distract ourselves from our mortality". Now when I said every I meant every, including meditation.
ACTIONS are completely irrelevent.
Ask yourself : Why am I meditating?
Meditation is like sleeping, another form of death.
So when it comes to the point when a part inside of us sees nothing to be gained from 'normal' life we start to search deeper, for spirituality. So if spirituality for you means being peaceful, then for sure you have a lot invested in reaching this state.
However spirituality is COMPLETELY concealed from our mind and feelings, from our senses, and for good reason, for if we were to taste it we would want it, and again we would be dominated by self-interest, and consequently in opposition to that which we seek.
So rather than seeking absence of fear, seek instead that his fear will rouse you from slumber, pray that this fear (of death) will never let you rest.