Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 22-07-2011, 12:07 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
I was wondering what a flash vision was, thanks ! That must have taken a little bit to get used to ?

Your welcome...

Yeah I guess, it has been happening for so long now it just seems normal anymore, been having them since I was a kid. Of course the more it happens and the more you understand it the more it just is...

nightowl
Old 22-07-2011, 12:42 AM
dragon charms

This is such a cool thread! Thank you for it. And for that glossary to via nightowl. I found one's on there that I did, and didn't ever imagine there was a name for it! lol

The first was astrology. Then tarot cards. Then I made a set of sticks with lines on them and gave them each a meaning, and tossed sticks to do divination with. After that, I made my own symbols on stones that I painted, and would ask a question, pull one from the bag of them. Then I began dropping wax in water after I had a question in my mind. I watch for animal signs each day and sense what's going to be coming or what it means.

As years went by I began working with runes, but preferred my own bag of stones. Then came the pendulum.

I've been doing divination as it turns out, most of my life and until this moment I hadn't really thought much about it! lol

Pendulum is the fastest for me. I go to it first. But I still do all those others from time to time.
(gosh, I just didn't realize I have a thing for this!) lol
Old 22-07-2011, 11:35 AM
meryem

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
Your welcome...

Yeah I guess, it has been happening for so long now it just seems normal anymore, been having them since I was a kid. Of course the more it happens and the more you understand it the more it just is...

nightowl
Don't you feel like I should get rid of this thing for at times you might have found yourself in a awkward situation generated from this special gift.

To OP my thanks for developing this wonderful thread with reference and information about so many forms of divination.

My likes go with Tasseography and other such fields. But truly the divination forms are enormous that one can learn all of them.
Old 22-07-2011, 12:04 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryem
My likes go with Tasseography and other such fields. But truly the divination forms are enormous that one can learn all of them.

Welcome meryem ! ask and ye shall receive, lol ! Here is my tea leaf reader !

Which other fields do your likes go with ?

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 22-07-2011, 12:07 PM
Deactivated Account

hi dragon charms !

Very cool on your making your own divination tools, with the sticks and the stones. So exciting to hear of others experiences with divination, makes me want to just jump in and learn more.

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 22-07-2011, 06:31 PM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryem
Don't you feel like I should get rid of this thing for at times you might have found yourself in a awkward situation generated from this special gift.

It is not an easy thing to move in. As it develops one does have to use their discernment as to what is the best way to handle what has been seen. I learned a long times ago that this ability has very often saved myself and others from harm. So you have to take the good with the bad and do the best you can.

nightowl
Old 26-07-2011, 07:15 AM
FaeNathara

I love divination! I learned to read tarot and numerology at the same time. Never really cared for the tarot until I finally found a deck that connected with me. Now I really love it! I also have been using medicine cards forever and just bought a new deck of them to get the 8 cards that had been added!

I love numerology, but use it mostly for my own personal insights. Which is good because as much as I love numerology, I hate math. LOL

I'm completely fascinated by astrology, but seem to have no talent for it as nothing is sticking. Maybe in the future.

I also use animal spirit guides (totems) and have recent begun to see them with people, and I started getting just general visions a few years ago.

I also love the runes, but haven't managed to connect with them yet. It feels like it did with the tarot, so I'm hoping that we'll click someday. Until then, they sit in their bag on my desk. Except now I'm going to put them in a drawer. ;)

Haha, I also have several other divination tools that I just haven't clicked with - pendulum, i-Ching, mirrors, silver bowls, dice... who knows what else. LOL
Old 26-07-2011, 08:28 AM
mattie

Trust

Close one’s eyes & listen.
Old 31-07-2011, 08:25 PM
CelestialRain

I am OBSESSED with divination and psychology. The two tend to work hand in hand with spirituality, etc.

-Numerology (mainly for myself)
-Astrology (mainly for myself)
-Pendulum (mainly for discovering things)
-Tarot (mostly for finding answers/approaching situations)
-Runes (mostly for predicting/approaching situations)
-Meditating while focusing on a question
-Dreaming while focusing on a question
-Smoke-reading (seeing images, don't know the official name for this)
-Fire-reading (same as smoke-reading)
-Cloud-reading
-Star-reading
etc.

I also love creating my own forms of divination. ^_^ Extremely fun and exciting things you can make. I'm building a "shadow box" and "casting stone" at the moment, those are just beta names for the tools I'm blueprinting. Who knows, maybe I'll sell them one day?
Old 02-08-2011, 06:40 AM
Deactivated Account

Interesting connection CelestialRain, Divination & Psychology. Quite the number of interests you have in the Divination category. Always nice to have a few choices !

hi FaeNathara, welcome ! I can tell by the excitement of your post how much you love Divination. Very cool !

Expect Miracles !