Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 13-03-2011, 03:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

There is a huge different between "actually true" and "scientifically true", i did not address "actually true"..

Surely, hybrid, you wouldn't make "absolute statements", would you?

Be well..

no i dont. and your philosophizing for it's own sake. i can even sense from out here your malicious intent.
Old 13-03-2011, 03:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by din
interesting way of seeing it

Ponder this.

If everyone drops a pebble in the pond at the same time and all of the ripples interact....you get reality.
Old 13-03-2011, 04:17 AM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Thoughts are the process of potential manifesting into our individualized realities, which.. through agreement, collaboration, conflict, and resolution forms a collective reality.. portions of which are 'fixed' by consensus, and other portions are fluid by the ambiguity of preference and prejudice.. perceptions are the data and information that add structure and consistency to thoughts..

Be well..

you're not thinking big enough
Old 13-03-2011, 04:18 AM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by athribiristan
Ponder this.

If everyone drops a pebble in the pond at the same time and all of the ripples interact....you get reality.

sounds good to me

but who is "everyone"?
Old 13-03-2011, 04:24 AM
Egyptian Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by din
Ponder this...

... every thought I think perpetuates the reality of the thought I am thinking...

Sure enough friend.

"We are what we have thought. All that we are stems from our thoughts."- Buddha

Old 13-03-2011, 04:24 AM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello Din,

I would agree that thought affects ones perception.

In my view, time, space, and what is taken in by the senses can influence thoughts. How one identifies and interprets those things, seem to be what thoughts do.

How much one holds onto these definitions influence, to me, how one interacts with the environment and those things with in it. It also can influence what one projects back into the environment.

All seem to act, for the individual, one upon the other.

Thoughts, to me, in short are the taking and process of information and how to form the information and act upon it or not.

let me ratchet this up a bit

in many people's view, they are separate people living in the world of time and space

in my view, time and space and the world are within me
Old 13-03-2011, 04:26 AM
Egyptian Phoenix

Friends this is just my personal take here. I think that what we call reality is limited by our thought processes. That's not to say there is no objective reality, but the human mind is too limited by constructs to understand this.

Personal understanding
Old 13-03-2011, 04:41 AM
Master
I pondered that a thought is manifested by being other than that which is not a thought, but the dual comparison is not a defined form, thus no image or word occurs to the mind... but the mind is not more than a thought nor is a thought more than the mind, thus the mind exists in comparison to what is not the mind, again being a duality beyond formal comprehension. However there is existence regardless of the mind or thought or the other thing which is not those things which validates them by so not being, and came to the conclusion it must be a trick question... I don't get it.
Old 13-03-2011, 04:46 AM
din

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I pondered that a thought is manifested by being other than that which is not a thought, but the dual comparison is not a defined form, thus no image or word occurs to the mind... but the mind is not more than a thought nor is a thought more than the mind, thus the mind exists in comparison to what is not the mind, again being a duality beyond formal comprehension. However there is existence regardless of the mind or thought or the other thing which is not those things which validates them by so not being, and came to the conclusion it must be a trick question... I don't get it.

Ponder this...

... every thought I think perpetuates the reality of the thought I am thinking...
Old 13-03-2011, 04:53 AM
Master
well, i want an apple to eat but i don't have one. so i think of an apple being in my hand ready to eat. i can clearly picture the apple in my hand. i can almost feel it's smooth slick skin, it's firm sweet flesh. i can even almost smell it. but lo and behold! despite thinking about a yummy apple and picturing a yummy apple in my hand my actual hand remains apple empty. how disappointing!

what's up with that? tch! maybe i'm not doing it right.