Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 23-09-2016, 05:08 AM
Suspended

hurts

I don't know what it's called...It's like a deep seated pain in the area right up against my throat, in the centre where my double chin meets my throat. I usually press hard against that skin area because it feels so uncomfortable..does anyone know what might cause this?
Old 23-09-2016, 05:24 AM
Master
Hi, bees...
Have you checked your thyroid at all?
Old 23-09-2016, 05:29 AM
Master
Thyroid is possible like faith33.
lymphnodes are also concentrated there, LN swell when fighting sickness. it is winter as well. perhaps you are feeling soreness in lymph nodes from fighting a cold. you might not have cold symptoms as well if it's not a strong cold, just a little sore throat/lymph nodes.

in spiritual terms, all medical diagnosis aside, the throat has a chakra locust. If one believes in chakra and C. systems then they would say this, if a doctor says your throat is fine then the pain in your throat is psychological and probably caused by not speaking your truth/saying what you want to say when you want to say it. doesnt mean no filter, it means you dont give up when you realize your about to say something dumb, you just pick something else
Old 23-09-2016, 05:33 AM
Suspended

Thanks so much faith33 and shivatar..

I will go and see the doctor then...spiritually speaking, that is interestimg shivatar...

Not speaking your truth. Does this arise from fear? I usually speak honestly to people, is it more about not saying what I want to?
Old 01-10-2016, 09:48 PM
Master
Well unless you are very very very wise, a sage practically, then speaking honesty does not mean speaking the truth.

speaking honestly often means one is speaking their opinion as soon as it comes to mind. Since so few people know what truth is or looks like

yes it comes from fear but it also comes from so many more things.

learning to speak your truth is such an immense obstacle that perhaps there are 10 challenges in your way, perhaps a thousand. I know for me it feels closer to a thousand but perhaps its only ten.

I think I began to activly seek how to speak my truth (via reading articles, listening to youtube videos) a few years ago and I am barely beginning to understand and faithfully practice speaking my truth.

speaking ones truth doesnt always mean being honest. sometimes it means being dishonest. example. my friend actually looks fat in the dress. my truth is I want to be a kind and good friend. I will lie to her because that is my truth in the situation. If someone says something to us that night, then I simply refute what they say, compliment my friend, and we carry on having an awesome night. Or maybe I will admit its not the best, and i will suggest she try another one. Regardless, honesty of "you DO look fat" is not the answer, perhaps half honesty is my truth there.

its such a complicated topic that I hope I didn't confuse you haha. Speaking your truth isn't about calling reality as it is, its about being the person you want to be.

On the topic of not saying what you want to. because there are so many times you'll not know if you should or shouldn't speak, instead I will tell you what it physically feels like to follow your truth.

Ok so physically, if you are speaking your truth you ought to feel: sometimes excitement. butterflies. nervousness. fear. anger. Joy. etc. the emotions are generally positive but not always. Sometimes one wants to feel positive anger. When a bully is mean, one wants to feel anger and protect their self and friends from the bully. Some practices will not tell you that, they will say ignore your truth if it includes anything angry or violent

but you ought to never feel guilt, shame, dread. Once you begin to feel such things, "I feel sick to my stomach", you'll begin to feel ucky all over, like you're covered in slime. really quick you'll get nervous, shy, awkward, etc.

im trying to say that it's not cut into "positive is good" and "negative is bad". However some "bad" or "negative" emotions like guilt, shame, dread, are good indicators of going the wrong direction as it may be. The idea is to not "avoid all negativitiy" but rather question negativity, because sometimes what we have learned as negative (anger) is the right /positve answer (to stop the bully).

What you want to try and do when you feel such negative emotions is quickly be mindful, what did I say that I didn't actually want to say...? what line did I cross that made me feel ucky internally? did I call someone a ***** who was being a *****... maybe I wanted to vent my frustration in a better way, maybe she didnt really need to know that, maybe she would have found out another way if I didnt say anything, but because I did now I feel like a bit of an *******....