Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Islam Faith

Old 04-08-2016, 04:17 PM
Master
Strange signs and coincidences too bizarre to be coincidence!

When I started my journey into Islam I was curious but thought the real proof would come from within. Like, "Am I capable of doing this? Of being who I need to be to make this part of my life?"

I had gone to meet with the founder of a Masjid about an hour away. He was the guest speaker on the first Family Night I ever attended at the local Mosque and his messages resonated with me on such a profound level I felt it had to be more than coincidence. So I explored that sense and got a tour of the Masjid and their school.

One of the teachers there who is very enthusiastic about her faith had sworn to me that once I embraced Islam everything in my life would fall into place and I had sort of written it off as a sales pitch although I had witnessed as much happen to one of my friends once he reverted. But... coincidence right?

The crazy thing is... everything is changing!

I always felt the presence of God in my life. I never asked for or needed proof of that. I always trusted, even in the hard times that it was all part of his plan and no matter how bad things got I never doubted him or turned my back on him. Just watched for signs to help guide me to where I was meant to be so I could fulfill whatever purpose he has for me in this life.

I used to look at little things and feel like they were signs although they were not specific or direct. Things like a series of harships I would feel were an indicator I needed to change direction. But since I have been incorperating Islmaic practice into my life... not even devoutly just partially... the signs are insane!

Like... A friend of mine and I started writing a book together. One day early on I had started to wonder why I was spending so much time and energy on it and that day I had opened a thread by chance, started reading, got distracted and when I came back to close the window I realized their avitar was an image of the art form that is the name of the book, and their signature was the description of the art form which is the entire first page of the book. And it is not a well known art form.

It blew my mind. It was the first of many signs and bizarre coincidences since this all started that have really made me wonder if there isn't something more to Islam than I had originally guessed. I just loved it because of the level of devotion and reverence it pays to The Divine and because it seemed there was a greater level of compassion among those in the Islamic community as far as being activly involved in helping others, giving back and volunteering.

Another time I was nagging my friend about how we needed to work on the book so we could get it done and no joke, I got an email at that moment from some random political campaign with the headline "Important Book Published!"

Then there are the dreams...

I finish every prayer the same, I sit and include prayers for my family, friends, even some people I don't particularly care for because I think they need it and myself asking that he bestow upon us his strength, guidance and wisdom so that we may grow in his grace and his favor as we seek to find the paths he has intended for us. I thank him for the many blessings and lessons he has given me in this life to make me who I am today and I ask that he will help me develop clarity in certain areas where I am not certain of what direction I am to take. I do personally refrain from asking for things because I like to believe I will have what he means for me to have nothing more and nothing less.

But I have found that those times when I specifically ask for clarity about certain situations I will have the most vivid dreams filled with symbols that connect to the specific situation I wanted clarity on.

One in particular, indicated that a bad habit I had slipped into was a compulsion. That is the specific term the dream dictionary used 'compulsion'. And even crazier, the last time I felt tempted by the compulsion I recieved an e-mail from the afore mentioned founder of that Masjid, at that very moment, with a "Friday Message" stating that there was no compulsion in religion... “There is no compulsion in the religion. The right way stands there clearly distinguished from the false…”
(The Qur’an 2:256)

The coincidences are making my head spin.

Then, in just the past two weeks, I had gotten in trouble at work for chewing gum and started contemplating along the lines of bringing a tooth brush with me to work to kill the after lunch breath and... no joke, a couple of days later a local dental office dropped of a box of promotional dental packages... enough for the entire staff: Toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, lip gloss...

Then I needed one of my friends to watch my daughter for a few days while I was working. My daughter loved it and had taken to climbing this tree in her back yard. When I saw the tree, I freaked out. It had a cluster of thin branches at the bottom that protruded straight up and I was terrified she would poke an eye out but I was too afraid to mention it to my friend because I felt like it could come off as insulting... some how insinuating she wasn't watching her well enough. So, I kept it to myself. The weekend passed and the next time I went by her house to drop my daughter off she told me her landlord had removed the tree! "So sorry they took her climbing tree away."

What is going on?!

Is this normal? It doesn't feel normal.

And then I think of this quote from the Prophet (PBUH) Surah Ibrahim 14:4

So is he just giving me affirmation that this is the right path for me spiritually?

I am looking for some alternate perspectives or maybe some of your own affirmations... because this is the most bizarre spiritual thing I have every encountered.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:26 PM
Newbie ;)

That was a good read, and refreshment for the faith

along with that verse of the quran, another came in my mind...

And those who strive for Us - We will surely guide them to Our ways. And indeed, Allah is with the doers of good. [29:69]

As long our hearts are sincere in seeking the truth and guidance, and we actually strive to find it, then it manifests by the grace of Allah...

matches with what you have stated, subhanAllah...
Old 04-08-2016, 07:30 PM
Master
Thank you

I definitely appreciate the reassuring words.

subhanAllah

Old 05-08-2016, 09:55 AM
Newbie ;)

Do remember this lowly one in your duas
Old 05-08-2016, 08:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by GateKeeper
Do remember this lowly one in your duas

Awww... Why would you think you are lowly?

Of course I will include you
Old 05-08-2016, 08:26 PM
Newbie ;)

To remain humble, pride really kills a person...
Old 06-08-2016, 05:52 PM
Newbie ;)

Mash'ALLAH
Very beautifull, You are in the right path
Love is the key
May ALLAH blesses you more and more
Salam
Old 07-08-2016, 10:00 AM
Master
Thank you Marwan

Assalamu Alaikum
Old 29-08-2016, 01:44 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

We as infinite beings are incapable of having coincidences or luck. Even science has proved this to be false. Newton's third law, for every action there is an equal, or opposite reaction.

Do not take a thing that happens around you for granted. There is a metaphysical answer behind all that happens when the physical realm.
Old 26-02-2017, 07:24 PM
Seeker

I had and am still having the same kind of things happen to me since March 2016. I think what you're experiencing is not a coincidence, but rather the presence of God around you and the Divine Being letting you know that you're on the right path.

I would like to say that I found Islam, but in actuality, Islam found me last March out of the blue. I began studying it, and reading the Quran. I felt so enlightened and so light inside putting my foot upon this path. It was then, the crazy coincidences started. And some very big and amazing things too. One of which was a very unique apartment complex that my wife and I wanted to move into. We called the manager and was told that there were no apartments available and that there would be a waiting list if someone did miraculously decide to move. Just two weeks later, they called us back and told us someone was abruptly moving out and we could look at the apartment if we wanted to. And no one else on the waiting list was interested! I would say coincidence, but just before the apartment manager called back, I offered the situation up to God and said, if it's meant to be let us find a way in. If it's not, I trust your wisdom to find us something better.

Things like this happened in droves. And they are still happening to me to this day. The guidance, the blessings, the signs, the coincidences and prayers being answered before I even speak them to God. It has been completely amazing. I've never experienced anything like this in my life. And I'm finding that since I started this journey, I seldom ask anything from God. I usually find myself just thanking him for his presence in my life, his goodness, love and blessings. He just seems to handle the rest as it comes about in my life. It's incredible! So don't take what you're experiencing for granted, I believe that it is real and it is a sign to you. When the teacher at the school told you that everything would fall into place in your life once you converted to Islam, I can testify, that is absolutely true.

I made my full conversion on the autumn equinox 2016. I follow a more mystical path of Islam, much like Sufism. And it is awesome.

The only thing for me is, I practice my spirituality pretty much in private. I learned a great lesson many years ago about taking my pure relationship with God into the midst of organized religion ran by men. They all but killed my faith with their man-made doctrines and harsh rules that they thought all people had to follow in order to please God. I walked a lot of years without God because of organized religion. Sure I was spiritual, and experimented with a lot of different spiritual paths. But now the glow of divine love has been rediscovered, and I will let no man or organization tarnish its beauty. Perhaps just keep that in mind as you move forward from here.

I've seen a lot of Christians and I see a lot of Muslims who are distraught and faithless now because some men or man in an organize religion put them through psychological and spiritual hell. For me, I read the scholars, I study, watch a lot of debates, constantly researching things about Islam. But I personally let God guide me into his truth, not the truth according to other people.

And please note, and this is very important: I only say the above words so that if you encounter people or an organization in the future that makes the light within you, that now shines, start to diminish... Hesitate not getting away from those people or that organization. That being said, I would like to say that organizations and groups are generally fine and very pleasant. But sometimes, they can smother the divine flame within with too many human precepts.

You're experiencing something beautiful, cherish and protect it, and enjoy the journey!

Blessings

Last edited by Frozen Ghost : 26-02-2017 at 09:25 PM.