Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 27-01-2013, 03:27 PM
4everLove

juice cleansing

hi everyone! hope all is well! So I am wanting to do a short juice cleanse (3 days I am thinking unless i can go longer). i would do a longer one but i will be going on week 4 of my new job and i really dont want to pass out an detox to badly during work.

But i am wanting to start this friday which i feel i can do at work since i usually have been bringing salads and nothing too filling. I was to do this because i have bad acne and want to get rid of it. I understand that I will probably breakout worse but see that its just detox.

are there any suggestions anyone has for me? i obviousy cant bring a juicer to work so what should i bring (Naked drinks, kombachu tea, etc.?). and will my face eventually clear up? and how about colon cleansing without the need to go out and get an enema or colonic. just a home remedy.

i know 3 days isnt a lot and if i feel okay doing it during work than i will go longer, but again i dont want anything bad to happen during worktime. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

thank you all!
Old 27-01-2013, 03:34 PM
Gracey

black salve clears up a face really nice. it take some a day or two to draw out the yucks, but it works!

drink lemon water too, your throat will get a lump in it and the lemon will help with that.
Old 27-01-2013, 03:57 PM
Master

No comment on juice detox since I've never done it. There are a lot of videos on YouTube though.

I just wanted to comment on the acne since that was a problem for me. There is some recent evidence dairy consumption might be the cause of a lot of it.
Old 27-01-2013, 08:57 PM
4everLove

thanks for the responses! i did hear lemon water is good! i have never heard of black salve.

and yes i have heard that acne can be caused by dairy, but I am mostly vegan. I even went on a 1 month vegan pledge and i still has acne. ieven went gluten free for a little and surprisingly i felt worse with a lack of fiber i assume. i heard of candida. but i think going with my heart on this one would be good and to go for a juice cleanse
Old 28-01-2013, 10:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everLove
i really dont want to pass out an detox to badly during work.
If it's just 3 days, that won't happen. I did a juice fast (lemon) for 10 days, which lead to my starting a liquid-only diet. I lost much weight, my body got healthy, and I am still going strong 20 months later. The key is drinking 20-30 glasses of water a day. And stay away from alcohol, coffee, processed foods, dairy and breads. Eat whole foods, and I would guess that might help any complexion issues you're having.
Old 29-01-2013, 04:02 AM
4everLove

yeah i fgured 3 days would not clear my skin but i knew it would at least do something good for my body. i eat pretty good now, but here and there i will cheat wth a cookie, some cake, a slice of pizza. I am already a vegetarian and i eat almost vegan. i buy ezekiel bread and mana bread. What are your thoughts on those breads? i have been eating more salads and i do eat a lot ofveggies like raw broccoli and fresh fruits (organic if i can).
Old 29-01-2013, 02:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4everLove
i buy ezekiel bread and mana bread. What are your thoughts on those breads?
I appreciate your asking me that question, I just don't have any definitive answer for you, sorry. I quit a lot of substances and foods because of addiction and allergy issues. Bread was one of them. I don't eat any processed foods now simply because that's what works for me personally. It makes me feel healthy -- several health issues I had disappeared -- plus I lost the weight I needed to lose. I don't research what's supposedly good or bad for you, I just eat whatever feels right for me.
Old 29-01-2013, 11:17 PM
Knower
Hi 4foreverLove

I don't know if you are familiar with the Reboot website.

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/rebooting/

If you look in the section 'Plans' there is a 3 day option there.

A lot of the plans are geared towards people who want to follow a juice and plant based diet for longer periods of time. But, you may find some of the tips and juice recipes there useful, plus there is a lot of support available there from others who are also detoxing and/or juicing.

Back in October I followed a juice and plant based diet for 8 weeks and have never felt so healthy. I had more energy than I think I've ever had and felt really good. I began my 'reboot' by eliminating caffeine, meat and wheat from my diet for a week before I started juicing. I'm planning on doing it again beginning Monday.

Haruki Murakami
Old 30-01-2013, 03:16 AM
4everLove

thank you for getting back to me Baile! I think that is one thing i need to work on. I know that i get to worked over what i should and shouldn't be eating/dieting and i lose sight of what feels right to me. i constantly look things up on the internet and always read both sides to things and it really messes with me. things work differently for different people like what works for you! i think i need to relax more and just listen to me and stop reading other things. so your reply was something i needed to read because you do what feels right for you!

and thank you metropolis! i will check that out! i really want to be more green juice, plant based because that feels best for me! i appreciate the link!

i have been bringing more salads, veggies, and an apple to work instead of sandwiches and things i dont fel so heavy and sluggish after! it feels great! it's when i get home for dinner and my mom will have made pasta or something ready for me. but she is wonderful and sometimes nice to come home to a home-cooked meal ;)

peace and love
Old 11-02-2013, 03:57 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolis
Hi 4foreverLove

I don't know if you are familiar with the Reboot website.

http://www.rebootwithjoe.com/rebooting/

If you look in the section 'Plans' there is a 3 day option there.

A lot of the plans are geared towards people who want to follow a juice and plant based diet for longer periods of time. But, you may find some of the tips and juice recipes there useful, plus there is a lot of support available there from others who are also detoxing and/or juicing.

Back in October I followed a juice and plant based diet for 8 weeks and have never felt so healthy. I had more energy than I think I've ever had and felt really good. I began my 'reboot' by eliminating caffeine, meat and wheat from my diet for a week before I started juicing. I'm planning on doing it again beginning Monday.

We're there, and doing that... wonderful resource...! Here's the link to the documentary, by the same guy, that lights the candle on this subject! :^)

Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead (2011)
http://www.hulu.com/watch/289122