Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 19-09-2011, 07:45 AM
Deactivated Account
I'm sorry for the loss of your mother. Grief is hard.

Lots of people also feel they don't fit in. I'm one of them. Even though I believe in life after death, it's difficult sometimes to find a purpose for being here particularly as my life has been quite hard from day one, and contines to be for different reasons. But then I think I don't have much choice but to march on through, so it's about making the most of the beauty I see. It's harder on some days than others, but it would feel a waste to me if I didn't spend time enjoying my time here. It is, after all, probably a very small aspect of our whole existance.
Old 19-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Experiencer
I'd have to echo the general suggestions here and also say that I certainly hope you find happiness in joy here in life. Finding some people with similar beliefs and passions can be a way to experience joy but there are plenty of ways to live a happy and loving life even without social interactions. Certainly isn't a requirement.

Look for something that you enjoy and go with it until you find something else that is even more fun. Maybe exploring into astral projection/lucid dreams/meditation could be something to do without getting too tied into the "normal world".

Don't go away! We are already outnumbered enough as it is by the "sleepers"

Love and Light
Old 19-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Terracotta

I can empathize with not feeling like you belong, but I think it's a definite possibility that you can still find meaning and connections. I and a few friends of mine may always feel how distinctly this is place isn't "our place," but we've all found things to love over the years and made it our home as we found for ourselves things such as friends, careers, hobbies, duties, lovers, etc, that defy that.

I can't speak for my friends, but for me at least the changes that brought me from feeling completely out of place and incapable of finding a niche to feeling more like a minor oddity were all internal.

The capacity to do so may vary from displaced individual to displaced individual, but I think there's also the possibility that the problem is on your end and can be worked around - or straight through, if you're feeling hot-headed. You might be surprised how many people might not be spiritual beings or resonate as quite the same type of being, but do share your love of, say (making examples here), Italian cooking, medieval architecture, weekend camping, dog rehabilitation, etc. Even if your interests don't stretch into the realm of the mundane, there's legions of people who are interested in everything from Reiki to Wicca, and there might be local groups.

There's an immense variety of people in this world, though it does vary from place to place, and if you happen to be smack in the middle of a town or city where the crowd is just too far from your tastes, you could even consider relocating if more digging doesn't bring results. Somewhere out there, I'm still sure there's people that can connect with you and make you feel wanted, even if you might be meeting halfway.
Old 19-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Sentientno1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaDoolittle
I guess I'm just kinda venting tonight. Weekends get really lonely for me. Ever since my mother died, almost 11 years ago, I have felt so displaced and truly cannot justify my existence any more. I've always kind of been a loner because I never seem to fit in with people. But I always had moma! Now that I don't even have her, I feel like a tumbleweed. Not attached to anything, basically dead, no real point to being here. I really just don't know what to do with myself any more.

Eliza....it's been 11 years since your mom passed away. 11 years!! You need to get a move on girl.

second...you don't need to justify your existance. You have an intrinsic worth called life. You don't have to pay in service to continue your existance.

Third....you mentioned sleeping people in another post...so? Are you going to let that make a division between you and them?

fourth: if you are awake, you will realise life ultimatly has no purpose other then what we give it.

Because of your close attachment to your mother and because you are finding no meaning in life with her long since passing, i wonder if you were in a caregiver situation with her?

The best way of all to address all the above points is to put yourself in a place where you have to extend beyond the boundries of yourself, to challange yourself, to give of yourself, to stop thinking of your self, to enlarge your perspective, and put yourself into a place where you HAVE to relate to people.
I know of no better way then volunteer work..you ARE needed, the investment of your self is needed. There are animal shelters, hospitals, hospice, the nature conservancy, local food pantries,...what matters to you, animals? Homelessness? the hungry? Newborn crack babies? There is a place for you, you need only CHOOSE to reach beyond your confined world. In addition you will find people of your chosen intrest and intent, and even make friends.

Eliza, i've been thru menopause and it's not a smooth transition for everyone as the medicos would have us believe, but it can be transcended and humor helps. My scientist son tells me women's bodies are raging chemical factories, for which every man should be thankful he's not a woman But it will pass.

Grab your life, take hold of your mind, and make yourself anew.
Old 19-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Sentientno1

Sound advice Terricotta.
Old 19-09-2011, 04:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaDoolittle
I guess I'm just kinda venting tonight. Weekends get really lonely for me. Ever since my mother died, almost 11 years ago, I have felt so displaced and truly cannot justify my existence any more. I've always kind of been a loner because I never seem to fit in with people. But I always had moma! Now that I don't even have her, I feel like a tumbleweed. Not attached to anything, basically dead, no real point to being here. I really just don't know what to do with myself any more.

Hi Ya .

What you feel Is understandable . We have our bonds and ties to our loved ones for sure .

In these times though there Is opportunity to reevaluate many aspects of your self and your life . I am sure you have contemplated on life until you are blue In the face .

When a gap Is felt / experienced we feel a part of the self Is missing too .

In these times what we really are has a chance to shine and come to the fore but It can take much strength and faith . For me I was lost to the world before I self enquired .

The Ironic thing laura Is that we don't actually belong to anyone or anywhere we just think we do .

Many say that when they pass over to the world of spirit that they are going home and yet that Is no more their home than anywhere else .

There Is 'NO' place called home . Whilst anyone remains In Identity home Is where the heart Is .

x dazzle x
Old 19-09-2011, 05:42 PM
ElizaDoolittle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terracotta
There's an immense variety of people in this world, though it does vary from place to place, and if you happen to be smack in the middle of a town or city where the crowd is just too far from your tastes, you could even consider relocating if more digging doesn't bring results. Somewhere out there, I'm still sure there's people that can connect with you and make you feel wanted, even if you might be meeting halfway.
BINGO!!!!

You win the price, Terracotta!!! The city I live in has changed drastically in the last decade or so. It used to be a laid back, friendly town. Now it's crowded and filled with unfriendly people who, apparently, think life is about big fancy houses and "luxury" cars. I definitely need to start checking out some other places and have a couple places in mind.
Old 19-09-2011, 05:45 PM
ElizaDoolittle

I'm thinking maybe the title of this thread should have been "I don't belong HERE....meaning in this town. I haven't always had these problems connecting with people. It's really just been since the energy shifted here and it's no longer a good fit for me.

Thanks for all the ideas and comments. I feel really good today. I've thought of a couple of things that I can do now to get into a happier place. And, thanks to some of your comments, I have a better idea of what I want and don't want to do with the rest of my life.