Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-12-2017, 03:03 AM
Experiencer
Intent/Focus Technique for Energy Manipulation

I've been using an excellent method to focus the energy lately which really surpasses other styles of focus that I've used, and I just thought I'd share. This method is going to be for energy manipulation. If you don't know what energy is, it is like the electrical signal behind your thought waves but on several more frequencies than you normally interact with, and usually projected or intercepted via something akin to a radio wave.

In my practice, the energy is very important, as it is necessary to use it in order to develop psychic ability. In fact, it is the vehicle which carries information to and from your brain, whether that be for telepathy, or many other useful or interesting abilities.

Often, you'll see visualization exercises as the primary tool with which to influence energy, through meditation. This is great, but I have been using something which, at least for me, works even better. If you can take on a 'persona' of an outside entity to yourself, basically just pretend that you are on the outside of yourself looking in as another being, you can use this perspective to focus on what you want the energy to do from the mental perspective of a spiritual being. It is very simple, actually, and as I've practiced it several times in combination with the normal perspective of just being myself, I can say that for some reason it just speeds up the energy flow. Heated energy builds more quickly, (did I mention that heat is a common indicator for energy? It is.) and other sensations such as a feeling of conscious interference like magnetism (best way I can describe it, sorry) also becomes quickly apparent. I don't stop there, though. Once I've got this mental perspective stable within my mind, I project it as intent into the energy. This might also need explaining so bear with me. It is important to not base your perspective on physical awareness, for this to be effective. Because that wouldn't help much. You want to place your focus on your 'outer self', that is, the conscious awareness that you have outside of your body. When you do this, pay close attention to keeping away from physical perceptions, and closer to perceptions which are like how your thoughts and mind feel. Now you just need to lock your awareness onto that kind of perception, just a couple of centimeters away from your head.

Now, back to step 1 - you want to take the focus on being a spiritual entity outside of yourself and hold the impression of that mentality in your mind, but in the spot a couple centimeters away from your head, and making sure to keep close to an energy awareness, rather than a physical one. It might be tricky, but you can get the hang of it, I did. =P This is a base-line as far as this technique goes. Once you can do this, you want to add specific intents to it.

Say you want to cast a spell to influence how positively people perceive you. You can do that, however, what you would do is take the technique I mentioned, and use that to 'be' this outer spiritual entity who is willing you to seem more pleasant to others. As the outer spiritual entity, pick a positive feeling or thought that you want associated with yourself, and focus that onto 'you'. Oh, and remember that if you switch to the perspective of an outer being, then for all intents and purposes you aren't 'yourself', so when you focus an energy like this onto yourself, you will think of you... as "you". Not "myself" or "me".

It is a bit involved but, for some reason it works very well for me. It's useful. So, there it is!
Old 30-12-2017, 06:51 PM
Master
Separating consciousness from the physical body means our awareness is disconnected from our body. Our sense of identity is still in-tact and so is our bodily awareness although greatly dimmed. Our perspective shifts with our awareness, so it may seem like your identity has shifted but it was there all along hidden beneath the physical sensations of the body and the thoughts of the mind.

by the way I'm not trying to tear down your technique. it seems like you have naturally stumbled upon some pretty high level stuff so Im just trying to sort it out for you and correct some inconsistencies I see you have. Mostly just having the incorrect definition for your experiences. I'm not trying to deny anything you experienced, just suggest it might have different names.

Another thing is that there is a difference between consciously imagining and visualizing something in your mind, and separating your consciousness from your physical body. One is like you are suggesting things to yourself, it's a kind of will power or forced thought. The other is concentrating your awareness, which is also a form of will power but more like a thought blocking/resisting technique.

If you block the thoughts of all other forms of self, and project your consciousness to where you want it, I believe that is astral projection. So astral projection is kind of like concentration + powerful intention. to learn it a person ought to learn concentration meditation and intention meditation.
Old 31-12-2017, 05:42 AM
Experiencer
I understand and agree with the first paragraph of your response, I just want to add that I do that - and then purposefully switch my perspective after dimming my personal bodily awareness. The purpose at this stage of the meditation is to take what tools we already have and expand on them for the purpose of charging energy with intent. So, it is not that I am interpreting what I felt during meditation as much as it is, I purposefully switch my perspective, mentally. I actually started doing this based on a conversation with my partner.

As for giving things different names... are you saying that I should be saying "separating consciousness"?

With regards to the difference between imagining/visualizing things and separating your consciousness from your body... my understanding is that to actually separate your consciousness you must experience something like an OOBE - so, this is probably closer to the visualization and imagining level, except with energy awareness and a shift of perspective on a mental level, in order to better effect the spiritual energy while not fully leaving the body - unless your definition of leaving the body is different from mine. I have astrally projected a few times before, so I usually use those as my personal out of body references - and the experiences were very severe in how I was separated from my body.

Hmm, your definition of astral projection is very different from mine. I have left my body a few times, and my consciousness was outside of my body moving around, in the same manner that it normally controls my brain and body. But in this case that 'central awareness' was not in my body, it was in the air.

I have been practicing meditation for a long time, and I actually feel very strongly about it. Have you ever heard of energy meditation? Manipulating energy/spirit using intention does use both concentration and intention types of meditation, with a focus on a subtle awareness of energy/spirit to either perceive or direct it without actually leaving the body. Although, maybe you could say that you left the body because part of your awareness must leave your physical senses, however I believe that part of us is always outside of our physical selves, so I think it might be a bit confusing (to distinguish what out of body is that way) mixed with knowing that. ^^'
Old 01-01-2018, 01:11 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Sozerius

I have bookmarked this and will read it next year ;)

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing your ideas and experiences here. Wishing you and your family a very happy and satisfying 2018.

BT
Old 01-01-2018, 01:16 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozerius

Say you want to cast a spell to influence how positively people perceive you.

just out of curiosity, why should I want to do that?
Old 01-01-2018, 03:46 AM
Suspended
Ascender

Ahhh, I have now read it briefly. It is kind of you to share, Sozarius - not my area of expertise however so I will take leave on that note.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozerius
I've been using an excellent method to focus the energy lately which really surpasses other styles of focus that I've used, and I just thought I'd share. This method is going to be for energy manipulation. If you don't know what energy is, it is like the electrical signal behind your thought waves but on several more frequencies than you normally interact with, and usually projected or intercepted via something akin to a radio wave.

In my practice, the energy is very important, as it is necessary to use it in order to develop psychic ability. In fact, it is the vehicle which carries information to and from your brain, whether that be for telepathy, or many other useful or interesting abilities.

Often, you'll see visualization exercises as the primary tool with which to influence energy, through meditation. This is great, but I have been using something which, at least for me, works even better. If you can take on a 'persona' of an outside entity to yourself, basically just pretend that you are on the outside of yourself looking in as another being, you can use this perspective to focus on what you want the energy to do from the mental perspective of a spiritual being. It is very simple, actually, and as I've practiced it several times in combination with the normal perspective of just being myself, I can say that for some reason it just speeds up the energy flow. Heated energy builds more quickly, (did I mention that heat is a common indicator for energy? It is.) and other sensations such as a feeling of conscious interference like magnetism (best way I can describe it, sorry) also becomes quickly apparent. I don't stop there, though. Once I've got this mental perspective stable within my mind, I project it as intent into the energy. This might also need explaining so bear with me. It is important to not base your perspective on physical awareness, for this to be effective. Because that wouldn't help much. You want to place your focus on your 'outer self', that is, the conscious awareness that you have outside of your body. When you do this, pay close attention to keeping away from physical perceptions, and closer to perceptions which are like how your thoughts and mind feel. Now you just need to lock your awareness onto that kind of perception, just a couple of centimeters away from your head.

Now, back to step 1 - you want to take the focus on being a spiritual entity outside of yourself and hold the impression of that mentality in your mind, but in the spot a couple centimeters away from your head, and making sure to keep close to an energy awareness, rather than a physical one. It might be tricky, but you can get the hang of it, I did. =P This is a base-line as far as this technique goes. Once you can do this, you want to add specific intents to it.

Say you want to cast a spell to influence how positively people perceive you. You can do that, however, what you would do is take the technique I mentioned, and use that to 'be' this outer spiritual entity who is willing you to seem more pleasant to others. As the outer spiritual entity, pick a positive feeling or thought that you want associated with yourself, and focus that onto 'you'. Oh, and remember that if you switch to the perspective of an outer being, then for all intents and purposes you aren't 'yourself', so when you focus an energy like this onto yourself, you will think of you... as "you". Not "myself" or "me".

It is a bit involved but, for some reason it works very well for me. It's useful. So, there it is!

I find this very complex and very full on practice, but if it works for you that is great. Life is all about discovering how you can be and need for you in it.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 01-01-2018, 10:46 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
just out of curiosity, why should I want to do that?

Just if you want to, really. If it isn't something you want to do, then there is no pressing reason that you should.
Old 01-01-2018, 10:52 AM
Experiencer
Thank you for the kind responses, I appreciate it. :) I find that for me at least, effectiveness is important when it comes to energy work. And while there are many good ways to work with energy, they vary in effectiveness. Hopefully this proves effective for someone, as it has been for me, but if not then I am still glad to have been able to share with each of you here.