Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 26-05-2014, 07:00 PM
lakechild

Question Astral Travel/Blockages?

Hi everyone!

Recently I have been giving some more thought to experiences I have had and admittedly I have pushed to the back of my mind. A few years ago I was dreaming, in that state in and out of sleep maybe? I walked out of my bedroom, and tried to catch my father's attention, but he acted as though he was not there. The light in my peripheral vision was white hot (if that makes sense) I panicked and flew back to my room and what appeared to be into myself. What caught me was I saw a child sitting on my computer table, he was young and dressed in pre dated maybe 1800's style clothing (buckled shoes, knee high socks) and swinging his legs smiling, but it was unsettling. Any thoughts?

I know its more than just a dream. What frustrates me more than anything is that when I attempt to meditate and project, nothing happens at all. Wondering if it is a subconscious block that I have put up and how can I remove it. This extends to all my gifts that appear to be blocked for some reason.

Love
Old 26-05-2014, 11:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakechild
Hi everyone!
I know its more than just a dream. What frustrates me more than anything is that when I attempt to meditate and project, nothing happens at all. Wondering if it is a subconscious block that I have put up and how can I remove it. This extends to all my gifts that appear to be blocked for some reason.

Love
Try not to worry about it as you could make it worse. Do not think you could be blocked as that would most likely make ap harder. I used to be like that when ap did not work. I started to worry and I thought what if I never ap again. I do not think like that anymore thank goodness. Keep saying to yourself I can ap, I will ap, I ap now or something similar. The more you start to believe you can do it, the easier ap will be. It make not work overnight. Even if you do not ap for weeks keep saying it and practicing it. Eventually you will ap and when you do ap, keep saying it.
Old 27-05-2014, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator
lakechild, you don't sound 'blocked'. It sounds as though you had a really interesting experience, but you were just a little unsure of what it was, and what it meant.

It sounds as if you were out of body, encountered your father on the physical while you were very close to the physical plane. Yes he probably wouldn't acknowledge you, as he wouldn't know you were there, unless he was very sensitive to unseen presences. The child you encountered was probably one of those RTZ (Real Time Zone) phenomena. All sorts of things can happen in the RTZ. Noises, distortions, Beings appearing.... Sometimes they are meaningful and objective, and sometimes not.

Getting out of body can happen quite easily when it occurs spontaneously -and then can be difficult to replicate when we intend to do it (i.e. during meditation.) Sometimes that can be because of trying a bit too hard.
Old 27-05-2014, 03:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lakechild
Hi everyone!

Recently I have been giving some more thought to experiences I have had and admittedly I have pushed to the back of my mind. A few years ago I was dreaming, in that state in and out of sleep maybe? I walked out of my bedroom, and tried to catch my father's attention, but he acted as though he was not there. The light in my peripheral vision was white hot (if that makes sense) I panicked and flew back to my room and what appeared to be into myself. What caught me was I saw a child sitting on my computer table, he was young and dressed in pre dated maybe 1800's style clothing (buckled shoes, knee high socks) and swinging his legs smiling, but it was unsettling. Any thoughts?

Love
There are things that have been done to me during dreams and projections that made it impossible for me to dream and/or project for a short period of time usually a couple hours at the very most, but any longer than that I don't think there is anything that can "block" you from projecting. If you're able and capable of dreaming then you're able and capable of projecting. The difference is you just have to find what combination of method, technique, setting, and environment work best for you when it comes to projection. Since sleeping is something most of us are able to do pretty naturally dreaming is an easy act. But if you find out the best and most productive way to project for you personally projecting can become as easy as dreaming is in many cases. It's just a matter of putting in the effort and work to find what works best for your personally. I would like to point out that projecting is a difficult task for most people, only a very few people are able to pick up astral projection and have positive results in the beginning. For most people it is a very lengthy and difficult process that takes months and/or years until they are able to have noticeable results. Dreams and projections are very close to being the same thing so in the meantime while you're unable to project you can keep dreaming. If what you have been doing in your attempts at projecting hasn't worked over an extended period of time then you should switch things up and try projecting using a different technique, a different method, in a different position, in a different location, or at a different time. All of those can be and are in many cases factors into whether a person is able to project or not.
Old 27-05-2014, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator
I find broken sleep patterns cause conscious projection almost all the time (if I decide to do them!) Not necessarily tiring if you allow extra time for sleep.

Another thought is exploring lucid dreaming. This is sometimes incredibly easy to do! Setting the mind to observe any ridiculous anomaly during a dream will help. Especially a recurring dream. (Such as you dream of being in a certain place but in the dream there is something that just shouldn't be there....it's too big.....it's too weird.....it makes no sense.....I don't know -anything you like.) Things like that can often snap you out of a dream-state and into conscious awareness. Maybe you'll find you laugh at it, and then suddenly you're aware! That makes no sense! I'm dreaming! I'm out of the body!
It's a 'wow!' moment.
Old 27-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I find broken sleep patterns cause conscious projection almost all the time (if I decide to do them!) Not necessarily tiring if you allow extra time for sleep.

Another thought is exploring lucid dreaming. This is sometimes incredibly easy to do! Setting the mind to observe any ridiculous anomaly during a dream will help. Especially a recurring dream. (Such as you dream of being in a certain place but in the dream there is something that just shouldn't be there....it's too big.....it's too weird.....it makes no sense.....I don't know -anything you like.) Things like that can often snap you out of a dream-state and into conscious awareness. Maybe you'll find you laugh at it, and then suddenly you're aware! That makes no sense! I'm dreaming! I'm out of the body!
It's a 'wow!' moment.
That's how I project and lucid dream myself Tobi. I am one of those people who wake up like 10+ times every night and every single time I wake up it's a chance to have a projection and/or a lucid dream. The key is when I wake up to not move at all and it almost always leads into a projection but if that doesn't work there is also a chance as well when I start slipping back into the beginning stages of sleep.