Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 13-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Master
One trend that needs watching very closely is the assumption that "natural" medicines are intrinsically safe - not so ! Many are highly toxic and the complication is that a natural product is difficult to standardise, dosage-wise.
Even simple herbals can be problematic. Take Senna Tea used for constipation, a component in Syrup of Figs. I used to be Control Chemist with the company who manufactured that and it was extremely difficult to ensure that different batches were of equal potency. A test was devised called the Mouse Laxation Test where lab. mice were given a measured quantity of the Senna extract and their droppings were collected and weighed.
All forms of medical care have a place, so beware of throwing out the baby with the bath water !
Old 14-07-2012, 03:01 AM
Rin

Any modern scientific finding with regards to food has to be approached with circumspection. Far too much of what has been declared as bad for us had to be reversed in recent time.

Medicine which is based on the profit principle will never be able to provide true preventative medicine, partly because people are not willing to pay, in money and time, for such prevention.
Old 15-07-2012, 12:33 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
The same thing goes for advocates of natrual medicine. They ignore the benefits of certain innoculations or tests that can literally save problems down the road. Anti biotics save millions of lives from pnumonia alone every year. Screening tests save lives as well. Im pretty sure the articles about the prostate screening tests, talked about a specific test. They did not say "screening doesnt save lives". What doctor in their right mind would say "looking for problems doesnt save lives"?

Pretty much everything you describe is a result of bad diets! We are screening for the results of bad habits...(and subjecting women in particular to a lot of radiation while doing so) we eat garbage then cry that our bodies don't work right, we take chemicals that block symptoms and call that a cure...

About the only thing that's being done right by the doctoring system is the repair of structural issues. My wife had a knee replaced by a genius! My daughters husband close to shattered his collar bone and another genius was able to stitch it back together.... while at the same time they could do almost nothing for my daughters UTI, nothing for my wifes Gurd, nothing for my friends fibromyalgia (we are making great progress on this last one with kefir!) nothing for diabetes, nothing for heart problems... most everything they do in regards to any of these makes matters much worst in the long run... even the cancer stuff is being dealt with much better by folks like

Dr. Stanislaw Burzynski and his son, Dr. Gregory Burzynski
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2099/12/31/drs-stanislaw-and-gregory-burzynski-on-cancer.aspx

Dr Nicholas Gonzalez
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/10/09/dr-nicholas-gonzalez-on-steve-jobs.aspx
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/04/23/dr-nicholas-gonzalez-on-alternative-cancer-treatments.aspx

Gerson
http://gerson.org/gerpress/

And all using mostly natural approaches....

The cut burn and poison approach is a money making sham going way back... interesting tidbit... my wife's first husband died of cancer, and his mother died of cancer about thirty years later... now with all the money that people are donating to "help cure cancer" why did they use the exact same chemo medications, to no avail, on both!? They're not even trying to interrupt this money stream... they're simply pocketing the money and playing at the whole doctoring thing....

Now if you want to address cancer start here:
http://www.mercola.com/article/cancer/cancer_options.htm
Dr. Moss has gained credibility by writing eight books, including his most recent work, Cancer Therapy: The Independent Consumer's Guide to Non-Toxic Treatment. He also wrote The Cancer Industry, a documented research work telling of the enormous financial and political corruption in the "cancer establishment". He indicates that the motivating forces in cancer research and treatment are often power and money, and not the cure of cancer patients. He also writes, The Cancer Chronicles, a newsletter reporting on new cancer treatments and preventive measures.
----

However.... if you're going to defend the system as-is then you're playing at bequest of the status quo... you strike me as being much smarter than that...
Old 15-07-2012, 12:40 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
One trend that needs watching very closely is the assumption that "natural" medicines are intrinsically safe - not so ! Many are highly toxic and the complication is that a natural product is difficult to standardise, dosage-wise.
Even simple herbals can be problematic. Take Senna Tea used for constipation, a component in Syrup of Figs. I used to be Control Chemist with the company who manufactured that and it was extremely difficult to ensure that different batches were of equal potency. A test was devised called the Mouse Laxation Test where lab. mice were given a measured quantity of the Senna extract and their droppings were collected and weighed.
All forms of medical care have a place, so beware of throwing out the baby with the bath water !

Anything "processed" will likely have problems! Our bodies have evolved around the consumption of whole foods, where each element of that whole food is in conjunction to each other... extract any part of that and you've broken the chain... now the body must deal with stuff that it's uniquely unsure of... the cave men didn't evolve around machined products.. :^)
Old 15-07-2012, 01:20 AM
sesheta

To StephenK

Welcome back, Stephen

I to this day still appreciate that my chemo & radiation worked, and I have been cancer-free ever since (it's been 12 years now - YAY!)
However, I will add that, along with the treatments, I also did a HUGE amount of meditation/visualization during that time, and I ran the following mantra through my head (like a tape recorder stuck on Repeat!) literally every single day (I don't even want to think about how many thousands of times I repeated these words to myself...):

"I am getting stronger and healthier every day."

I really do believe that all of these things helped my body repair itself & recover! I also had a very vivid dream back then that I always think of as the "turning point" for me - after having this dream, I somehow knew the cancer was going to disappear:

In the dream, I had this car that I had parked on the side of the road (parallel parking) of the "main drag" of our town. This car was old, and was a horrible, washed out, simply "icky" blue colour....However, I had the car parked "backwards" to the way it should have been, and I was there, painting this car a beautiful, rich, green!! I remember in the dream someone approached me and asked me why 1: I had the car parked the wrong way and 2: why I was painting it! I responded something to the effect of "Because it's time to turn things around!"

I don't know...I've never been very big on dream interpretation, but that one will always stand out for me as a clear message :)
Old 15-07-2012, 08:34 AM
Master
Morning Stephen
As I have mentioned before, I am convinced of the benefits of the macrobiotic diet, the so-called Neolithic Diet with it's limited animal proteins. To that I add Transcendental Meditation and exercise. Ten years ago, I had one year to live but my survival did depend on complex heart surgery in addition. So, I come back to the notion that no single school of health care has all the answers.
However, I am reminded of the joke of the traffic accident when someone urgently pushed through the on-lookers saying "Let me through. I am an Aromatherapist !"
Old 15-07-2012, 03:04 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
Welcome back, Stephen

I to this day still appreciate that my chemo & radiation worked, and I have been cancer-free ever since (it's been 12 years now - YAY!)
However, I will add that, along with the treatments, I also did a HUGE amount of meditation/visualization during that time, and I ran the following mantra through my head (like a tape recorder stuck on Repeat!) literally every single day (I don't even want to think about how many thousands of times I repeated these words to myself...):

Hi Sesheta :^)

It seems to me we've been led down the primrose path of nonsense in regards to cancer in general. I suspect your being healed of cancer had less to do with the treatments and more with the mindset that you adapted in regard to this exposure. I noted this link earlier in another thread and find it relevant here as well:

--------
Lothar Hirneise: Cancer Cannot Exist Without Stress
http://www.alternative-cancer-care.com/Cancer_Stress.html

<snip>
----------------
and this:
--------------

http://www.mercola.com/article/cancer/cancer_options.htm
<snip>
---------

What I see in your dream and in your understanding "that changes needed to be made" is the overriding likelihood that you cured yourself. Your body responded to your shift in consciousness, and that you actually dodged a bullet in relation to the toxicity of the treatment... it's this shift in consciousness that has prevented your cancer from returning... the drugs certainly didn't... they'll tell you themselves that the drugs are "supposed" to shrink the tumor in question and that they are not an inoculation against future occurrences...

Clean and stress free living, good whole foods with an eye toward balance... these are the keys to good health... and this is the scenario you adapted.... well done!

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 31-01-2013 at 12:13 AM.
Old 15-07-2012, 03:21 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Ten years ago, I had one year to live but my survival did depend on complex heart surgery in addition. So, I come back to the notion that no single school of health care has all the answers.

Greetings Norseman :^)

One year, by whose account?

Here's a well known doctor in the alternative health world that is getting wonderful results with hearth related situations by simply changing the nature of ones diet.

Caldwell B. Esselstyn, Jr., MD
http://www.heartattackproof.com/

Here's an excerpt from his book... it relates the story of another "heart expert" who was more traditional in his approach that came to Doctor Essestyn when he himself was faced with his own cardiac situation:

http://www.heartattackproof.com/excerpt.htm

<snip>

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 31-01-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old 15-07-2012, 06:15 PM
sesheta

To StephenK

What I see in your dream and in your understanding "that changes needed to be made" is the overriding likelihood that you cured yourself. Your body responded to your shift in consciousness, and that you actually dodged a bullet in relation to the toxicity of the treatment... it's this shift in consciousness that has prevented your cancer from returning... the drugs certainly didn't... they'll tell you themselves that the drugs are "supposed" to shrink the tumor in question and that they are not an inoculation against future occurrences...

Agreed, and thank you I also agree that stress was more than likely the #1 cause of me getting the cancer to begin with! Not sure I would have strong enough faith to completely forego "traditional" treatments if the cancer ever came back....but I will simply focus on not giving it a foothold to start again, so I won't have to worry about it
Old 15-07-2012, 08:19 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
....but I will simply focus on not giving it a foothold to start again, so I won't have to worry about it

Exactly! Study what causes it and steer clear of the bad stuff... Cancer is not our genetic birthright... it is something we impose on ourselves through subjecting our bodies to improper compounds, to unabsorbable materials... actual "food" will not lead us to cancer.. it's this stuff that they're calling food that does the deed...

Add to that this wonderful article that knightofalbion posted, which sums the core of what we're dealing with rather nicely! :

-------
http://www.psychologies.co.uk/body/the-anti-cancer-life.html

<snip>
--------

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 31-01-2013 at 12:15 AM.