Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-08-2011, 02:34 AM
Master
Scorpio: So is it safe to say that we all must be living our lives through our better selves, (Unconscious Selves) but messages get mixed up and twisted through the brain because of experiences, beliefs etc... So the key is in day to day lives, live tuning in to our better selves...

Well yes, but you can't blame the brain, which is just a central communications center that keeps the body-mind running. It's the mind's conditioned false identity that distorts our lives.

Long time ago I always lived life through my intuition or my higher self and life was easier happier etc when I decided not to be that way which was for the past 5 years I could say I was living just thinking with the brain I forgot who I was havent been truly happy either and less good things were happening now I am getting back into it I feel like a more positive person and things feel better...
Is this what you mean?

This is part of it, Scorpio... coming back to intuition and caring is definitely a higher level of living.

And there's more. We can discover our inner being directly in awareness... the silent essence of ourselves that's even beyond positive, because it is whole and pure.

Xan

Old 17-08-2011, 10:22 AM
Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan

And there's more. We can discover our inner being directly in awareness... the silent essence of ourselves that's even beyond positive, because it is whole and pure.

Xan[/color]

So do you mean to be aware of who we really are within, focus or vision this being and nuture it so it can grow?
Old 17-08-2011, 01:23 PM
ushasunil

yes, you are not the mind.. but you are the soul.mind is an instrument of the soul.
Old 17-08-2011, 06:39 PM
thunderseed

We are both matter and spirit. And to disregard the mind as unimportant or useless or destructive seems pointless to me, because then, what am I achieving with that? Besides, the mind holds the gateways to unworldly things and magic.
What do we achieve by attacking our minds? Disharmony. It is about balance.
No, i need to remember that i am human, or else i will be ego driven and therefore incompetent. And i need to remember that i am a soul or i will be completely destructive in my human shell.
Old 17-08-2011, 07:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
So do you mean to be aware of who we really are within, focus or vision this being and nuture it so it can grow?

Yes.. but not envisioning it; simply nurturing it by giving it our attention. IT is whole and complete already and doesn't need to grow, but we grow more aware in and as it.

Xan

Old 17-08-2011, 07:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderseed
We are both matter and spirit. And to disregard the mind as unimportant or useless or destructive seems pointless to me, because then, what am I achieving with that? Besides, the mind holds the gateways to unworldly things and magic.
What do we achieve by attacking our minds? Disharmony. It is about balance.
No, i need to remember that i am human, or else i will be ego driven and therefore incompetent. And i need to remember that i am a soul or i will be completely destructive in my human shell.

thunderseed... No one is suggesting to disregard or attack the mind, but merely to dis-identify with the body-mind and its conditioning. In our world we have become overly involved with the mind to the exclusion of other finer aspects of ourselves.

In recognizing both the potential and the limitations of the mind it becomes our useful servant rather than our master.

Xan

Old 18-08-2011, 08:51 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
3dnow: I am also interested in knowing "in which form" free will comes when we wake up (intuition?)

In my experience, 3d... As we go further in waking up we become aware that whatever we hold in our awareness becomes our reality of the moment. In another thread you have described the great difference it makes when you choose to be in unconditional love.

As I see it this is our only real power... when we recognize that we can choose where we come from in ourselves and what fills our experiencing.... just Now.

Xan

Thank you Xan.

Cheers,

3dnow
Old 18-08-2011, 09:06 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio
How? What happens if you turn your brain off?

Hi Scorpio,

Turning off rational thinking when it is useless is the ideal but hard to do.

But until we achive this we can stop beliving our thoughts. That is, we continue to have useless thoughts btu we don't give energy/emotion to them by not believing them.

I do this as follows:

By watching my emotions, I detect when my mind is lost in the delusion. In general, when lost in the mind delusion I feel slightly hyperactive. Then I watch the thought and ask myself two questions:

Is this thought beneficial to me or others?
Am I sure about this thought?

The answer is in general NO and I wake up from the delusion. That is, I stop believing the thought. Then I am left with the NOW which is the only reality (colors, birds, trees, objects, your body etc.) This is the hard part for me I am still having difficulties.

It is very simple. Which one you choose? A delusional mind or NOW?

Cheers,

3dnow