Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-08-2011, 03:03 PM
3dnow

You are not your mind

What for they said that if it is not to "totally" forgive (self and others)?

3dnow
Old 06-08-2011, 03:43 PM
moke64916

I don't understand the question. Please explain a little further?
Old 06-08-2011, 04:04 PM
3dnow

OK please discuss anything related to the quote "you are not your mind". That's so cool

Personally, it helps me totally forgive. Whatever it is, it was only the result of a chain reaction in the mind.. so fast, so much input (billions or more) etc., uncontrollable.

Easy to forgive others too.

3dnow
Old 06-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Docha

I'm not sure it is a true question.

The search for the self, love in all its glory..what's it for if not to forgive?

At least that is what comes to mind from what is written.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:11 PM
3dnow

Thanks Docha, I hope folks discuss what they understand by you are not you mind... Very exciting.

For me it helps forgive. Because I now see that unforgiveness is an illusion, and the person at fault was also trapped in illusion. Judging them is only more illusion. Impossible to know what happened exactly.

3dnow
Old 06-08-2011, 04:15 PM
moke64916

I am my soul. I have made that mind, body, spirit unification.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:40 PM
Docha

Yeay for intuition! Do I get a cookie? Lol

Actually when reading the topic my first thout was...

Well if I am not my mind what the heck am I?

My first thought on opening the thread was, that's not a coherent question...I was confused...

Illusions are tricky things, thoughts are energy and energy is the foundation of the universe. Energy can be manipulated but never destroyed or created.

What we think in our minds is much the same,its manipulating the energy to create, manifest. I am what I think and therefore I control what I am. I am lacking, I am whole.

Change is the only constant in the universe.

I would be more apt to say myself its all for love. Love in all its forms. But I am a softy like that lol.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:09 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docha
Yeay for intuition! Do I get a cookie? Lol

Actually when reading the topic my first thout was...

Well if I am not my mind what the heck am I?

My first thought on opening the thread was, that's not a coherent question...I was confused...

Illusions are tricky things, thoughts are energy and energy is the foundation of the universe. Energy can be manipulated but never destroyed or created.

What we think in our minds is much the same,its manipulating the energy to create, manifest. I am what I think and therefore I control what I am. I am lacking, I am whole.

Change is the only constant in the universe.

I would be more apt to say myself its all for love. Love in all its forms. But I am a softy like that lol.

Not checked where you are from... Imagine you we born in England or Tanzania or Lebanon, would you be the same person? If you didn't met your first boyfriend would you be the same person? If you had a different
family? etc. etc.

Same for everyone.

What you are now (what you think you are) is just a coincidence. You are one of billions of Dochas possible (what you think you are). It is not real you.

Real you is your higher self.

EDIT: Worse: If you were born in a different world (somewhere even common sense is different) would you be the same person?

3dnow
Old 06-08-2011, 05:23 PM
Docha

The same person yes, my soul is the same no matter what race, religion or form my body takes.

I have soul friends all over the world ...raised in completely different settings, that still experience life in the same ways I do...Quebec, Australia, Great Brittian, Holland, India...the soul doesn't change, experience is just the lesson.

The mind is the means by which the soul processes experience. It is that which seperates us, but the soul is what connects us.

At least to my way of thinking.
Old 06-08-2011, 06:06 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docha
The same person yes, my soul is the same no matter what race, religion or form my body takes.

I have soul friends all over the world ...raised in completely different settings, that still experience life in the same ways I do...Quebec, Australia, Great Brittian, Holland, India...the soul doesn't change, experience is just the lesson.

The mind is the means by which the soul processes experience. It is that which seperates us, but the soul is what connects us.

At least to my way of thinking.

OK agreed then.

We once were perfect like God you imagine (and it is true!). Then began the illusion, a chain reaction that we took for real.

EDIT: "God" I use tis word carefully. God to me means "calm" .

3dnow