Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-10-2011, 06:27 AM
3dnow

Watching the body

Watching my body (not a precise area, just my whole self) I can see what I look like.. I can see emotions like anger with no object, sexual feelings, false pride, false shame, self-judgment, fear etc.. This helps a lot detach thoughts from emotions and helps avoid a loop between thoughts and emotions.

What are your experiences? Is there something to learn here? Looks like very important to me!

Am I really watching my body or my soul?

Any links, info? (already read the now book)

3d
Old 18-10-2011, 04:35 AM
drake

interesting..I think you are seeing some of both. Our bodies change our perception of the soul, just as the soul changed the way we perceive our bodies.
Old 19-10-2011, 08:33 AM
Cerium

Every here about dual brain theory, or how our organs can somehow hold thought? I thinck what makes us one, is such a clever Notion, Cause it truly seems to have the capability do do anything. One of my favorite option as a observer is trying to see my sub-consious.
Old 19-10-2011, 08:39 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerium
Every here about dual brain theory, or how our organs can somehow hold thought? I thinck what makes us one, is such a clever Notion, Cause it truly seems to have the capability do do anything. One of my favorite option as a observer is trying to see my sub-consious.

Hi Cerium,

They are not thoughts, they are emotions. You can feel them.
3d
Old 19-10-2011, 08:52 AM
Cerium

Hi 3D its good to meet you. Sorry I tend to get them confused, I tend to have a very interesting realationship with my emotions. somehow I can talk with them, and so thoughts tend to become very ... emotionalized. or at least carry their signature.
Old 19-10-2011, 08:53 AM
Cerium

I hold mine in the catorgoy of emotion, And what ive learned is that different emotions hold power of some sort. Fear for instance can dive you to run faster, or warn you of danger, and some bad things depending on how you use it. But if i breack it down, No emotion or thought is me. Im just something that uses the enviroment around me, Perhaps until I can live on my own. It makes me wonder thou, Have u ever noticed a choice just before something happens, like you trip, and A small voice or thought decideds whether you wanna fall or somehow save yourself like it had the power reguardless of the situation?
Old 19-10-2011, 09:13 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Hi 3D its good to meet you. Sorry I tend to get them confused, I tend to have a very interesting realationship with my emotions. somehow I can talk with them, and so thoughts tend to become very ... emotionalized. or at least carry their signature.

Good to meet you too. Talking to emotions yes very interesting... I am watching the emotions, body tells me something is OK, the way I breath, the tears (happy tears) etc.

Quote:
I hold mine in the catorgoy of emotion, And what ive learned is that different emotions hold power of some sort. Fear for instance can dive you to run faster, or warn you of danger, and some bad things depending on how you use it. But if i breack it down, No emotion or thought is me. Im just something that uses the enviroment around me, Perhaps until I can live on my own. It makes me wonder thou, Have u ever noticed a choice just before something happens, like you trip, and A small voice or thought decideds whether you wanna fall or somehow save yourself like it had the power reguardless of the situation?

No it is interesting can you explain?

3d
Old 19-10-2011, 09:25 AM
Cerium

I dont know if I can Explane it better. Words have never been my strong suit. One likely scenario would be in some state of mind, where before you wanted to do or will something, That something changed before you had a chance to manifest itself, perhaps proving in some way You can be deeper than your thoughts, or emotion. I mean if we we to look at the sub-couinsous and counsious as part of the body, Then it can be argued that our consious is just a tool/window and to truly see yourself or the body in its most Core or deep like state, One might be able to tap into the sub-counsious.
Old 19-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Is there something to learn here? Looks like very important to me!

Yes, and it's as important as you make it. Whole Self. All of those things. I've seen so many discussions on ego and trying to cut it out with a plastic spoon, but we can't walk away from who and what we are. Just right now in our consciousness we are human with all the accompanying accoutrements. You can say what you like about transcending this or that, but it's still there nonetheless. You only transcend from what you think you transcend from and you take with you all that you can't leave behind. The human in you is a part of your Journey, Honour it for what it is or do yourself a disservice.

Quote:
Am I really watching my body or my soul?

Yes. Profound answer, eh? You stand on the pivot point of the microcosm/macrocosm, like standing halfway into an onion. Inner layers is the human stuff, outside is whatever you believe comes beyond the physical. Depending on your perspective you can also look at the onion from the inside out or the outside in. That's the fun part of having a choice. Whichever way you do it is real enough to you and that's what counts. Anything else is someone else's perspective.

Quote:
Any links, info? (already read the now book)
Throw the book away, take the Journey. Reading about a sunset is nothing in comparison to standing there watching it.