Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 27-12-2017, 10:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Flux
>> Buddha said "our body is our vehicle for awakening, treat it with great care."

It sounds like good advice but not like a quote from the Buddha.

https://fakebuddhaquotes.com/your-bo...-it-with-care/

The old fake quote trick ay.
Old 28-12-2017, 08:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by In Flux
>> Buddha said "our body is our vehicle for awakening, treat it with great care."

It sounds like good advice but not like a quote from the Buddha.

https://fakebuddhaquotes.com/your-bo...-it-with-care/

More important than just pointing out that it is a fake quote, do you understand yourself why it is fake ?
Old 28-12-2017, 10:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
More important than just pointing out that it is a fake quote, do you understand yourself why it is fake ?

... Cuz Buddha didn't say it?
Old 28-12-2017, 05:44 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Buddha said "our body is our vehicle for awakening, treat it with great care."

Yes it is and yes it pays to do so.

I hear many speak about radical forgiveness which can be interpreted as radical self love.The mind/body as one source is a continuum of awareness and change to listen too and take care of the body. A nourished well loved vehicle will allow you to function at your best, be alert and clear to your needs, support and carry you through life with a solid foundation, grounded strong and open to your potential.

This is well put.

This is similar to a saying of the Buddha from the Dhammacakkappavattana Sutta ...

"But to satisfy the necessities of life is not evil. To keep the body in good health is a duty for otherwise we shall not be able to trim the lamp of wisdom, and keep our mind strong and clear. Water surrounds the lotus-flower, but does not wet its petals."

Aurobindo had also stated in this regard, " Evil is but ignorance, misapplication and ill-health."

A healthy body ensures clarity and strength of mind, which is necessary for intellectual and spiritual growth as well.

A weak body is bound to be more unconscious and prone to delusion.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 28-12-2017, 07:13 PM
Ascender

Quote:

I hear many speak about radical forgiveness which can be interpreted as radical self love.The mind/body as one source is a continuum of awareness and change to listen too and take care of the body. A nourished well loved vehicle will allow you to function at your best, be alert and clear to your needs, support and carry you through life with a solid foundation, grounded strong and open to your potential.

Couldn't this also be taken as a form of the teaching of interconnectedness/ interdependence. The mind, body and spirit must all work together. In the same way a car needs a motor, gearbox and chassis.
Old 29-12-2017, 06:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
... Cuz Buddha didn't say it?

That's the easy way
Old 29-12-2017, 03:21 PM
Master
Sure all is great when the body and mind are healthy but for some they are not and many times it is not related to anything they did or didn't do.
I volunteered at a wildlife rehab because I cared and because I wanted to honor these animals, then I got Lyme disease and then it took doctors too long to figure out what was wrong with me. Speaking from experience, yes indeed an unhealthy body and mind are road blocks and I pray for those suffering as such.
I will add though that this disease pushed me to learn about Traditional Chinese Medicine and consequently a life now that while I still suffer at times, a much healthier and better life. A life where i don't so much identify with my mind and body. A life where I observe them as precious gifts and tools.
May all beings find balance and good health.....

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 29-12-2017, 04:00 PM
Master

/////////////

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Last edited by Joe Mc : 29-12-2017 at 06:46 PM.
Old 29-12-2017, 04:06 PM
Master

Quote:

And then it (the body) will die !! lol there is no getting away from it baby !!!

To Thine own Self be True

The Frost performs its secret ministry,Unhelped by any wind. Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Old 29-12-2017, 04:11 PM
Master
I think this sums it up and it even adds value to my post after the fact:

"Everything can be sadhana. The way you eat, the way you sit, the way you stand, the way you breathe, the way you conduct your body, mind and your energies and emotions – this is sadhana. Sadhana does not mean any specific kind of activity, sadhana means you are using everything as a tool for your wellbeing"

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness