Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Art

Old 09-06-2016, 11:15 PM
Knower
Thank you Berry!

Wolfgaze, you are right - it's difficult to say because I only paint when time permits (e.g. after the kids are in bed, and IF I am in the mood), so one painting can spread itself out over a month or two - unless I get obsessive about it, which can happen. I would guess maybe 10 to 20 hours, depending on the complexity. Portraits are quickest - especially as I practice and get better at them (for instance Sylvie's probably took maybe 7 hours) but the landscapes and abstracts take longer because I keep fussing with them. No painting is ever really finished. There comes a point when I say, "Okay, I'm calling this done!" Ha ha - usually that occurs once another subject has caught my eye or I get bored with the colors and want to do something else. Before I began painting, I was a poet. It was the same for me with words. I could hone a poem for weeks, then suddenly announce it complete and start on another. Why do you ask? I have friends who can create what I do far more quickly - a full portrait in less than an hour! But then they are generally more experienced if not academically trained. I am a self-taught hobbyist - and the process is meditative.

Thank you Ilovecats! Babaji has been my touchstone for many years. The photo I posted is just part of the portrait. I will try to post the entire head sometime.
Old 09-06-2016, 11:55 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delsol
Wolfgaze, you are right - it's difficult to say because I only paint when time permits (e.g. after the kids are in bed, and IF I am in the mood), so one painting can spread itself out over a month or two - unless I get obsessive about it, which can happen. I would guess maybe 10 to 20 hours, depending on the complexity. Portraits are quickest - especially as I practice and get better at them (for instance Sylvie's probably took maybe 7 hours) but the landscapes and abstracts take longer because I keep fussing with them. No painting is ever really finished. There comes a point when I say, "Okay, I'm calling this done!" Ha ha - usually that occurs once another subject has caught my eye or I get bored with the colors and want to do something else. Before I began painting, I was a poet. It was the same for me with words. I could hone a poem for weeks, then suddenly announce it complete and start on another. Why do you ask? I have friends who can create what I do far more quickly - a full portrait in less than an hour! But then they are generally more experienced if not academically trained. I am a self-taught hobbyist - and the process is meditative.

Why do I ask? I was just wondering... I'm not a painter/artist so I have little sense for how much time goes into creating paintings of your caliber...

Thanks for responding/answering...

Old 10-06-2016, 12:16 AM
Knower
'Caliber' makes it sound like some kind of accomplishment - lol. It's not that, but thank you, thank you. Here's something surprising painting has taught me: ANYONE can paint, but - one must get comfortable with creating something ugly. Truth! Becuse even the most beautiful paintings start out ugly and foreign and very different from what we envision in our minds. Paintings require layers, much like life. When I first start a new painting, I hate that ugly phase - it's uncomfortable, don't look! I rush through it. Isn't that funny? Some paintings never surpass that ugly phase, but it's the process that rewards. You should give it a shot, Wolfgazer. There might be something amazing in your head right now. I'd love to see it.
Old 11-06-2016, 04:57 PM
Master
Hey, let me chime in here too and say I enjoy the colors you used (and how you used them) in water spiders. Really nice work - all of your paintings, Delsol.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:19 AM
Master
thy grt did u us aqrikl or watr paists or oil pastls

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 13-06-2016, 02:21 PM
Knower
Thank you Silver! Dream_jo; thanks - acrylics. ��
Old 14-06-2016, 05:49 AM
Seeker

I would like to say that buddy you have shared such a nice painting with all of us. which looks amazing and I would like to share it with my friends. Keep sharing with all.
Old 14-06-2016, 10:47 PM
Knower
Thank u Ansel; I love your name.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:31 PM
Deactivated Account
Very beautiful. Thank you, Delsol! :-)
Old 22-09-2016, 10:10 PM
Pathfinder

Really, really nice, I'd hang them at my walls as well!