Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 20-06-2015, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator
"Phasing" -experiences and feedback?

I am really interested to hear from anyone who uses this method of astral projection. I have never quite been able to get my head around it, and would welcome anyone's experiences or feedback...

So far I have only been able to 'go out of body' by literally 'going out of body' (if you get my drift) but I am interested to know how "Phasing" actually works.

Please chat away. Don't worry if it's a loooooong post! Your experiences would be interesting to read.
Old 21-06-2015, 02:36 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
I am really interested to hear from anyone who uses this method of astral projection. I have never quite been able to get my head around it, and would welcome anyone's experiences or feedback...

So far I have only been able to 'go out of body' by literally 'going out of body' (if you get my drift) but I am interested to know how "Phasing" actually works.

Please chat away. Don't worry if it's a loooooong post! Your experiences would be interesting to read.

I've never tried this technique. However, after doing some research, it's supposedly an easier method to leave your body.
You imagine or create a detailed OBE in your mind, whilst meditating. At some point you actually "phase" into the astral...not necessarily into the OBE you imagined.
I would stick to the standard/original; wait for vibrations while having a clear mind.
Otherwise you may end up with more lucid dreams than OBE/projections.
Old 21-06-2015, 08:28 AM
Suspended
Hiya Tobi

I spent a good few years practising this technique. Coming across the term WILD (Wake-Initiated-Lucid Dream), I really couldn't see a difference between phasing and WILD.

Anyway, for me it entails relaxation - and then some! It's allowing my body to fall asleep whilst keeping my mind awake - it's like learning to walk a tightrope. Too sleepy and I'm asleep, too alert and I get no dream images. If it's just right, I start to see dream images.

The next stage is to focus on one image enough so that it stabilizes and I'm able to look around the image without it fading/moving. Then the next stage is to step into the image fully awake/alert. I normally do this by reaching into the image with my hand (dream hand) and touching something. Anything, grass, trees, a building, whatever is there. As soon as I touch something, I'm instantaneously now in the image, fully three-dimensional and ready to go off exploring.

It's an incredible thing to do - walking into a dream without losing consciousness.

If you wish, I can share some of my phasing experiences, but they do tend to be long!
Old 22-06-2015, 07:25 PM
Super Moderator
Thank you, both of you for the replies.

I do find lucid dreaming much harder than just 'going out of body'. Lucid dreaming happens for me on average about twice a year -if that, and randomly. I can't seem to deliberately start a lucid dream experience, but could quite easily start an out of body experience using my own methods which may be clumsy. My problem is I can't stay out very long and usually lose consciousness.

No Squatchit, your experiences wouldn't be too long if you are willing to share them, or at least some of them. I'd be very interested. I just need to relate the 'phasing' idea to what it might feel like.
Old 22-06-2015, 10:02 PM
Master

Hi Tobi, if you look at Astral Pulse I think you will get a lot of information. The astral projection section is mainly on phasing.
Old 23-06-2015, 08:22 AM
Suspended
Tobi - I'll dig out a couple of classic phasing experiences and post them, but in the meantime here is a great article on phasing.

Thanks astralsuzy for the reminder that the pulse has some good stuff about phasing!

http://www.astralpulse.com/forums/we...-t17413.0.html
Old 26-06-2015, 08:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi

In my experience, phasing seems to be more of a mental projection, rather than a projection of the astral energy body. The idea of "phasing" is essentially shifting from one reality to another, which is what occurs during normal OBEs as well. I think it's a matter of the person's state of consciousness and the energy body that is projected (or lack of one).
Old 27-06-2015, 12:05 AM
Super Moderator
Thank you astralsuzy, Squatchit, and Vince...

I am checking out Astral Pulse. There is some interesting stuff there.