Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Hypnosis

Old 30-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Knower

Life between lives hypnotherapy - where can I learn it?

If you are familiar with Michael Newton's books “Journey of Souls” and “Destiny of Souls” then you are familiar with Life Between Lives Hypnotherapy (LBL), where they put people in a very deep state and regress them back to a past life and take them through death process and through the rebirth of another incarnation.

You might have also heard of Dolores Cannon who does this kind of hypnotherapy as well, or at least it sounds like the same thing to me. She does call it something else though. She calls it Quantum Healing Hypnosis Therapy (QHHT).

The whole process supposedly takes about three to five hours, and because the person is put into a deep somnambulistic state they often don't remember it after words. So they record the whole session.

Anyhow, I would really like to learn how to do this kind of hypnotherapy but I can't find any sources to learn it from without having to pay a fortune. The Newton Institute does train people how to do this, but they charge $2500, and there are other requirements. You have to have at least 200 hours of formal hypnosis education and a minimum of two years experience as a hypnotherapy practitioner. :(

Dolores Cannon also has a course to train people in her QHHT method, but she charges $1,125. Well that's the level 1 course anyway.

Both of those are way too expensive for me. I was hoping to find like a book or video course that could teach me how to do it, but I haven't come across anything like that. Anybody know of any other sources or places where I could learn this stuff?

Thanks
Old 31-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Natalia

Goodness that is costly!

What brings you to want to learn it?
What comes out of something like this? What is it's point and purpose for you to do this? What do people get out of this that is beneficial for them? Is there some way someone can work with past information to help serve them in their current situation - circumstance? If so...why and what for and how?

Sorry for all the questions.

Good luck in your quest to train for this
Old 02-06-2013, 04:37 AM
Knower

Well, there are lots of reasons to want to do this. As an example, say that someone has always had an extreme phobia of water in this life that they haven't been able to overcome. They don't know where this fear originated, it's just something they've always had. With this type of hypnotherapy once they are very deep you can give them the suggestion to "go to the source of this phobia - to where it originated".

So in this example you're not just taking them on a tour of some of their past lives (which can be another reason for doing this work if they're interested in that), you are having them go to a past life that is influencing their present life experience. That is if the phobia indeed started in a past life. It could have begin in this life and they're just not aware of the cause. Either way, you're going to help them become aware of the cause of the phobia so that they can let go of the phobia. If the cause of the phobia was that they had drowned in a past life then that memory will come into their awareness.

So that's two reasons why someone would want to do this. Another one that really appeals to me is that once the persons conscious mind is completely out of the way you can supposedly ask questions and their subconscious mind, higher self, or spirit guide can answer through them. Kind of like how Edgar Cayce the sleeping prophet was able to get answers for people. He didn't remember any of it after he awakened and they might not either, but you can record what they said. I think you can even get information from the Akashic Records this way. Everybody has questions that they'd like to get answered. Why do I have this illness? Is there anyway I can get rid of this illness? What is it that I'm having an allergy to? What is my souls purpose? What should I be doing? What is my spirit guides name? How can I communicate with my spirit guide? - just some examples.

Not only could you use this kind of hypnotherapy to get answers to questions you've always wanted to know, you can help other people get answers to their questions.

And as I already mentioned, some people might just be interested in becoming aware of some of their past lives. That would certainly be interesting wouldn't it - seeing who you were in some past lives.

Or how about going through the death process in one of those lives and seeing that we don't really die. Then you can completely lose your fear of death.

And of course you can also see where your souls goes in between lives. I'm sure a lot of people are skeptical about this stuff. That's understandable. But, when thousands of people have been regressed in this way and they all report going to the same places in between lives then there has to be something to it.

So that's several reasons for doing this kind of hypnotherapy.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:47 AM
Juanita

Kurt, that was a very good explanation....but, if you don't know what you are doing, it could be a dangerous proposition....You can't perform surgery unless you are a surgeon, you can't do regressive hypnosis unless you are a trained hypnotherapist.... Save your money and get trained or you could even go back to school....
Old 02-06-2013, 06:44 AM
Natalia

Thank you Kuurt for your explanation and time in posting back.

I wonder about about this after reading your response and it got me to wanting to ask you what do you do in a case where you preform this hypnosis and bring someone into a past memory that causes a psych team to get involved. As in there are concerns of the person being deluded etc... Would if could become quite damaging to the psych, the mental mind?

There are also the people that don't believe in past lives no matter how much research, books, reports have been done.
The mind is a very strong and powerful tool that can store all sorts of things including beliefs - maybe to protect it from thinking it's nothing (like the ego thinking it's special kind of thing or by having it believe it's the way it is because of this and that in a past life, etc...) so it creates all kinds of hopes, dreams, wishes, beliefs to keep it from staying alive in why it is the way it is..why it thinks and creates the images in the mind that it has.

I often wonder about this about minds too, where someone could easily plant a seed into anothers mind via certain techniques, subtle and subliminal.
That could be possible right?
Old 02-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Knower

Well of course this isn't something you would want to do if you don't know what you're doing. That's why I wrote this post - to see if there were any other sources out there for learning it properly because right now I don't know what I'm doing and there's no way I would attempt it without proper training.

You are right, things can go wrong. People could have memories that are really traumatizing. According to Dolores Cannon weird stuff does sometimes happen in this deep somnambulistic state. She says that this is why so many hypnotists are afraid to work at this deep level. But, I'm sure that when you learn this type of hypnotherapy they are well aware of what can go wrong and I'm sure they teach you how to handle that kind of stuff when it happens.

As far as some people not believing in past lives - they don't have to. You don't have to believe that something was a past life to benefit from it. If it helps you then helps you, whatever you call it, even if you believe it was your imagination. Really it's about helping people not convincing them of past lives, although some people might find that the experience itself does end up convincing them of the validity of reincarnation, but that's okay if it doesn't.

While it is possible for a hypnotist to plant seeds in someone's mind or lead them in a direction which is after all what hypnosis is all about - giving their subconscious mind suggestions. I think that a good hypnotist is very careful about how he words things. For example, they don't give the person a suggestion to "go to a past life where this problem began". That would be leading them. The hypnotist would be making an assumption that it began in a past life when he doesn't really know where it begin. So instead the hypnotist says something like "go to the source of the problem, to where it originated." And it might end up being a past life or it might not. It might have began in this life. But, either way they will go to the source of the issue.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:37 AM
Natalia

Thank you Kuurt for your explanations.
I had written out a reply to you days ago but it got swallowed up by the SF fairy.
I agree with you where you say if it helps you then it helps you.
In an intuitive way we can respond to our body by listening to where it is guiding us to a modality that can heal it or at least help it.

Best of luck to you Kuurt.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:40 AM
Ascender
Kuurt, my wife is a great fan of Dolores Cannon. She has read most of her books about past life regression via hypnosis. Dolores has also written lots of books about people remembering ET encounters in their current life, which had been suppressed from conscious memory.

I'm 100% with the view of Juanita above about your desire to learn deep hypnosis. You must be properly trained and that takes time and money. Reading a few books isn't good enough, I'm afraid. This is in the same way that you can't become a medical doctor by reading books.

Also, there is a world of difference between "run of the mill" ordinary hypnosis (e.g. to stop smoking) and deep hypnosis into past lives. To do the latter without full training could be extremely dangerous, as the previous experiences could have been very traumatic. You wouldn't want someone to have a heart attack whilst under your influence.

I send you every good wish in your desire to learn such skills. There are no shortcuts; safety first, especially when it is someone else's!
Old 09-06-2013, 09:38 PM
Knower

Yeah, I find Dolores Cannon very interesting too. She has several intriguing books that I would love to read. I just purchase the first book in her Convoluted Universe Series.

Okay, so it sounds like something I probably can't learn from a book. I know that Dolores Cannon also has an online course teaching this stuff. It consists of about 18 hours of video and it cost US$700. Maybe I'll try that one of these days if I can't find a cheaper alternative.

I didn't really want to make a career out of this or anything. I just wanted to be able to try this stuff on family and friends. And teach someone in my family how to do it to me.
Old 26-06-2013, 07:37 AM
Master

I read in a few hypnosis books that most people can be hypnotised. There are only a few people out of a few hundred people that can deeply be hypnotised to be able to go into their past lives. Most people are not able to do it. I am not a quitter. If I want something badly enough I keep trying until I succeed. I would suggest to keep trying and eventually you will succeed.