Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 25-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Master
Gym

Woohoo ! Since start of May, I have lifted 140 metric tonnes and burnt 11000 kcals - getting hooked on it, 5 days a week !
Old 25-10-2011, 02:52 PM
Master
Talking

Sheesh~you make me feel ashamed of myself ~ and inspired all at the same time! (I think this past Sunday was the laziest day for me, ever!)

Old 25-10-2011, 03:30 PM
Experiencer
i started my gym today again after a 3 years...ah bad cramps...but m still happy..that at least i started...:)

WELL done norsey:):)
Old 31-10-2011, 03:36 PM
Elijah

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Woohoo ! Since start of May, I have lifted 140 metric tonnes and burnt 11000 kcals - getting hooked on it, 5 days a week !
Good job norseman. I'm into weight lifitng myself.

140 metric tonnes (140 000Kg) is that right? sounds a lot but maybe my maths isn't so great.

Are you doing a particular program, I'm currently on Mark Rippetoes Starting Strength routine.
Old 31-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Gracey

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman

we dont use the system here in the states, so i dont know what you are talking about, but congrats to you!
Old 31-10-2011, 05:03 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitelotus
i started my gym today again after a 3 years...ah bad cramps...but m still happy..that at least i started...:)

WELL done norsey:):)

norsey r u still working out......
i didn't go again after this post...ah i am lazy....give me some inspiration buddy
Old 07-11-2011, 03:58 PM
Master
Yes, Whitelotus. Now up to 170 tonnes and 13000 kcals. Must admit the new programme works a treat - breaking up the Treadmill component into several short, sharp sessions of 5 minutes each, similarly the Exercise bike.

Elijah - I dont work out with weights per se, it's just the loadings on the various muscle tension machines cumulative totals.
Old 30-11-2011, 10:38 AM
Langston2

If you are not fooled by their claims then you know you have to work at getting in shape and losing unwanted pounds. So where do you go for a challenging workout? If you are into walking and running, during the temperate seasons you can get your cardio exercise in the great outdoors.

But to get a total workout that is not limited to moderate weather, you will need to either join a gym or equip your home with fitness equipment. The major advantage of a home gym is convenience. And it is convenience that can result in a more focused exercise regimen.

Granted health clubs have the advantage of working out with other like-minded individuals. And if you are the type of person that needs inspiration from others, the health club provides that environment.
Designing a Home Gym

If you decide that working out at home makes the most sense, the first consideration will be the location. You may choose the basement. But if it is dark and damp, this is not an inspiring environment. Another consideration is an extra bedroom or part of a family room or den. You want an inviting location that is well ventilated and provides sufficient light. For those that like to keep up with the latest news or the soaps, a room with a television would be appropriate.
Selecting the Proper Equipment

In determining what fitness equipment to purchase, you need to define your goals and consider the type of exercise machines that can help you reach those goals. Numerous homes are littered with unused exercise equipment that substitutes for clothes hangers. Too often people buy informercials equipment that is that latest fad. They discover that the exercise bores them, and that the equipment is poorly built and does not deliver on the promises.
Treadmills

For walkers and runners a treadmill is a logical choice. And the good news is the recent models are built for endurance and a pleasurable cardio experience. A Treadmill is the most efficient equipment to burn calories and lose weight, that is why they are the most popular.

You'll want a treadmill with a motor that is continuous duty with a rating of at least 2.0 HP. Continuous duty motors give you constant maximum power. Non continuous motors are unable to run smoothly for an extended period of time.
Home Gyms

Multi-station home gyms provide health club quality strength training in the comfort of your home. Depending on the model you can get over 50 exercises. A home gym offers a complete strength building workout for the entire body. And as the name implies, multi-station home gyms allow for more then one person to workout at once.

Look for equipment that has a natural resistance feel. The quality of the cables and pulleys will make the difference and will guarantee longevity. That smooth feel is usually lacking on so-called home gyms that rely on bands or bows rather then actual weight racks. In addition, you want a gym that has ergonomic features. The shape and location of pad, pop pin and pivot point should feel natural.
Old 01-12-2011, 10:33 AM
Master
"Numerous homes are littered with unused exercise equipment that substitutes for clothes hangers."

You must have been to my daughter's house
The gym is ideal for me. It's less than 10 minutes away and, as an OAP, I get concessionary membership. Got a nice pool attached which is a bonus
Old 08-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Langston2

I actually do gym 2-3 occasions per week, usually weights upon various devices, in addition to a few free hand fat work. The final couple of weeks I have noticed a weird prickling feeling in my hands after doing exercises, specially in triceps pulls as well as horizontal pulldowns, and also to a smaller extent in bicep waves with weight loads. I think why you have it is indeed my fingers pulling such household names, that we think might be harmful to the anxiety in my hand or something along individuals outlines. I'm considering obtaining mitts I've come across people use in a fitness center, BUT I 'm wondering the reason why precisely I recieve this feeling. Today following fitness center I wasn't only tingly during my arms but seemingly my personal pit body and may watch a prickling feeling with my personal teeth that has worry. What is the actual reasons for these feelings