Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-01-2019, 07:01 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan
If You know what is more better for God to do, why don't you call yorself "a God" and take His place?

Isaiah 45:9 Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands?

If I were god, I for sure wouldn't call myself all-loving and at the same time condemn people to burn in hell forever just because they don't believe I exist or merely disappoint me. Don't get the wrong idea here, I utterly HATE humanity and this world. But I have my limits… As much as I hate him, I wouldn't even let someone like doctor Mengele be tortured for eternity.
Old 15-01-2019, 07:27 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Tactics?????? biblical teachings..What do you think of this, it is disgusting,

Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

I rest my case

Look at yourself and at your own behavior... From the moment I created my first topic where I talked about how I found the truth until this very moment, your whole character changed, you get closer and closer to being another Zigzangle.

I have already said it before but you don't listen, there were other times and the jews were totally under the law, there is a context, a place and a time for all the things that happen, we are living in another context, in another place, well still on Earth, but you get the idea, and in another time.
Old 15-01-2019, 08:00 PM
ImthatIm

Quote:
Sky123 quote:

Old testament vs New testament is not a fare evaluation of Christianity.

As a follower of Christ I believe.

1.Animal sacrifice to cover sins is done away with. Now Christ has become the 1 sacrifice.
2. To live by the sword is to die by the sword.
3. Much of the old testament is the journey/history of Israel.
4. New testament brings some old testament elements to consider.
5. Love is the thread woven through the whole new testament.

If the new testament said now that your in Christ go and rape,kill and pillage.
I would not follow Christ.
The New testament law:1. Love God with all year mind, heart and soul 2. Love your neighbor as yourself.
Rom 13: 10 Love is the fulfilling of the law.

2 cor. chapter 3 talks about this Old changing to New ministry saying:
not the old written in ink, but the new written on the heart of flesh.
Not the old ministry of death, written in stones, but the new ministry of the Spirit.
You can bring out the old and if a Christian follows the old then you have a great point as they would be following the ministry of death.
I cannot justify that of the old testament. Only God can say.
Some portions of the old testament is brought into the new for consideration and teachings and those subjects are valid for consideration.
But this is Christianity not Judaism.
Old 16-01-2019, 01:33 AM
Master

Quote:

Death to the Rape Victim (Deuteronomy 22:23-24 NAB)

If within the city a man comes upon a maiden who is betrothed, and has relations with her, you shall bring them both out of the gate of the city and there stone them to death: the girl because she did not cry out for help though she was in the city, and the man because he violated his neighbors wife.

I rest my case

Sky the mistake you are making is simple but understandable
God isn't to blame here, these texts are scribal understandings of the time and for us, who are not Jews, we have the luxury of suggesting they were mistaken this is what God wants, which indeed appears to be the case - since these practices have been abandoned and Jesus was against them in his day + don't forget the oral torah of the Jews and rabbi's has long rationalised them into a historical context and symbolic etc
So plainly, yes the evil is there but its not from God, this is a first attempt at it and they were not clearly able to seperate good from evil in their early days, Isreal. There is good and evil in scripture actually... which God permits it seems.
But don't be so literal, or you will become a fundy!
Old 16-01-2019, 06:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Sky the mistake you are making is simple but understandable
God isn't to blame here, these texts are scribal understandings of the time and for us, who are not Jews, we have the luxury of suggesting they were mistaken this is what God wants, which indeed appears to be the case - since these practices have been abandoned and Jesus was against them in his day + don't forget the oral torah of the Jews and rabbi's has long rationalised them into a historical context and symbolic etc
So plainly, yes the evil is there but its not from God, this is a first attempt at it and they were not clearly able to seperate good from evil in their early days, Isreal. There is good and evil in scripture actually... which God permits it seems.
But don't be so literal, or you will become a fundy!

David I definitely do NOT think God is to blame, that is your mistake.
What SM keeps repeating is that the bible is the ' Word of God ' but when you point out really disgusting verses in the bible that is the ' Word of God ' then the excuses come rolling in.

I look at the bible as ' Words about God ' written by our Ancestors explaining how they made sense of the world without the knowledge of Science.

Words about God, not Words from God, my God would never condone such violence found in the OT.....
Old 16-01-2019, 06:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Look at yourself and at your own behavior... From the moment I created my first topic where I talked about how I found the truth until this very moment, your whole character changed, you get closer and closer to being another Zigzangle.

I have already said it before but you don't listen, there were other times and the jews were totally under the law, there is a context, a place and a time for all the things that happen, we are living in another context, in another place, well still on Earth, but you get the idea, and in another time.

The violence in the OT is disgusting and does NOT come from God, the bible is not the word of God.... If it is then the God of the OT is extremely nasty. ... You seem to choose which parts suit you, you either believe the bible and all it entails or you don't and I choose not to...
Old 16-01-2019, 06:56 AM
Suspended
Guide

I believe that the entire Bible is the Word of God.
Old 16-01-2019, 07:15 AM
Master
Quote:
I believe that the entire Bible is the Word of God.

David’s Punishment – Polygamy, Rape, Baby Killing, and God’s “Forgiveness” (2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB)

Thus says the Lord: ‘I will bring evil upon you out of your own house. I will take your wives [plural] while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor. He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight. You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.’

Then David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” Nathan answered David: “The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die. But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die.” [The child dies seven days later.]

Can you explain the above verse please, in a civilised way so I can try and understand your God....
Old 16-01-2019, 04:14 PM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
David’s Punishment – Polygamy, Rape, Baby Killing, and God’s “Forgiveness” (2 Samuel 12:11-14 NAB)

Thus says the Lord: ‘I will bring evil upon you out of your own house. I will take your wives [plural] while you live to see it, and will give them to your neighbor. He shall lie with your wives in broad daylight. You have done this deed in secret, but I will bring it about in the presence of all Israel, and with the sun looking down.’

Then David said to Nathan, “I have sinned against the Lord.” Nathan answered David: “The Lord on his part has forgiven your sin: you shall not die. But since you have utterly spurned the Lord by this deed, the child born to you must surely die.” [The child dies seven days later.]

Can you explain the above verse please, in a civilised way so I can try and understand your God....

Luke 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

What more do you want to me to explain? When you do evil, you suffer the consequences and you only suffer them if God wants you back to Him, because, there were and are people who do evil and they live their lives to the fullest.In that time it was something "normal" to have more than a wife, but remember Jesus's words, it was not like that from the beginning.God, through Moses gave many laws for their own good, laws that were made for their understanding and for their evil nature, their hearts were stony.

Read Matthew 19:3-9 and focus your attention: Matthew: 19:8 He saith unto them, Moses because of the hardness of your hearts suffered you to put away your wives: but from the beginning it was not so.

My life and your life are in God's hands, if He decides that today is our last day, so be it, He is the source of life, He is the creator, He is God, I am the creation and nothing else more.
Old 16-01-2019, 04:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Luke 5:32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

What more do you want to me to explain? When you do evil, you suffer the consequences and you only suffer them if God wants you back to Him, because, there were and are people who do evil and they live their lives to the fullest.

My life and your life are in God's hands, if He decides that today is our last day, so be it, He is the source of life, He is the creator, He is God, I am the creation and nothing else more.

So what evil did the Babies do ?