Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 23-12-2018, 09:29 PM
Experiencer
Sat TAt Aum

I've read little about Sat Tat and Aum but am interested in learning more; the key aspect which interest me is how it all relates to physics; I read once that Tat was the witness, the subtlest point in vibatory creation; Sat was beyond vibatory creation (which is the main thing which I would like to better understand); Aum, the state of being is something I've lived in for a period of months.
By the way - I know your path has been tried and so - It may seem like the way to go - Me, I'd rather be found - Trying something new - I gotta go find my own way - I gotta go make my own mistakes - Sorry for feeling, feeling the way I do
[b]
Old 24-12-2018, 12:05 AM
Master
Namaste.

When a Hindu person says "Hari Aum Tat Sat" it generally means "that's all she wrote"...It signifies the end of the beginning, and the beginning of the end...The Alpha and the Omega...both occuring in simultaneous interdependence, as if to say that there is NO linear time, but everything exists in a single moment, the perception of which, can span an entire pralaya (universal epoch)...where the expansion stops, and the entropic crunch begins...One breath of Brahma.

If we are talking about God (Hari), we say that there is nothing beyond God or nothing more than what God is, because that would mean that God is limited and finite when the reverse is true, so we say that the total, unlimited nature of Consciousness (Chit/Chid) is Sat (Truth) as this is the only thing which exists beyond the limited human perception of any conditioned truth in relation to mithyavta (conditioned existence).

The word "Tat" simply means "that"...It is "is-ness" or "being-ness" or that which merely exists for the sake of existence and nothing more. It is not "made" and it generally has no purpose which could ever make sense to us...There is a Sanskrit word I love...My favorite Sanskrit word.."Swayambhu".
Swayambhu means "That".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swayambhu

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 24-12-2018, 11:25 AM
Master
great explanation shivani - thank you
Old 24-12-2018, 11:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
great explanation shivani - thank you
Thank you also for the reply.. and you're very welcome.
Old 24-12-2018, 01:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustin
I've read little about Sat Tat and Aum but am interested in learning more; the key aspect which interest me is how it all relates to physics; I read once that Tat was the witness, the subtlest point in vibatory creation; Sat was beyond vibatory creation (which is the main thing which I would like to better understand); Aum, the state of being is something I've lived in for a period of months.

Although Shivani Devi's post is quite good, your post reflected an interest in how this all relates to physics and that was not addressed.

I have used the chant "Aum Tat Sat" for years. As a matter of fact, it was one of the favorite chants of Swami Vivekinanda and I first saw it in one of Vivekinanda's writings many many years ago. Like yourself, it is important that there be no contradictions between my spiritual beliefs and that of the sciences, including quantum physics.

The symbol for Aum (OM) is symbolically quite illustrative as it quite graphically depicts the process of creation. The bindu (dot) represents, as you put it, the "subtlest point in vibratory creation". The uppermost curve represents the transcendental veil which, once crossed, can easily result in entanglement. The three large curves are often used to depict the various trinities in creation among which are time (present, past, future), the creative process (Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva --- the creative, sustaining, and destroying forces), the three states of man (deep sleep, dream formation, the so-called waking state) and its obvious parallels, and so on to include all aspects of the manifestation. The space around OM represents the underlying Reality from which all emerges in a manner consistent with the Big Bang theory and is best exemplified to the masses in dream formations which appear in "Big Bang" fashion.

Tat simply means "all That", as Shivani Devi duly noted.

Sat means "Truth" or "that which really is", as Shivani Devi also duly noted.

Hence, Aum Tat Sat is a powerful mantra which, upon reflection, points to the whole creative process from the "subtlest point in vibratory creation" to the entire manifestion (Tat) which is the Truth (Tat) of the totality. As one explores deeply, one realizes that it is very consistent with quantum physics with the "theoretical unified force field" being that which moves the entire process.
Old 24-12-2018, 09:07 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste.
Hello Shivani Devi, thanks for the response I think it speaks to the direction of my thoughts in a way that relates to where I am at; I was wondering what Namaste meant or rather I suppose perhaps it's cultural usage as that can differ from a definition I might look up. A similar feeling sound of an introduction phrase to a conversation, one from the Muslin culture (not a religion I've looked into but have read some about parts of the middle eastern area), is As-salāmu ʿalaykum which means “peace be with you” which then the other person responds by saying ʿalaykumu s-salām which means “and also with you” [in Wikipedia the translation is a little different but the translation I wrote is one I like which was from the movie Trader].

Quote:
When a Hindu person says "Hari Aum Tat Sat" it generally means "that's all she wrote"...It signifies the end of the beginning, and the beginning of the end...

Quote:
The Alpha and the Omega...both occurring in simultaneous interdependence, as if to say that there is NO linear time, but everything exists in a single moment, the perception of which, can span an entire pralaya (universal epoch)...where the expansion stops, and the entropic crunch begins...One breath of Brahma.
In a model of reality (a grand theory based view of existence) that I was working on last Spring I took a different approach to the cause and process of the Big Bang which then resulted in understanding the set of dimensions that we experience on a daily basis in a different way and then the dimensional considerations extended to such a point as to matching what you stated in the quote; I had been considering nonlinear dimensions of spacetime wherein at a certain point all of what exist would exist throughout all time in all time – the feat is presumably accomplished via relativity in relation to grand scales of “infinite” quantities of fully expanded energy and fully contracted/congealed energy occupy the same space.

Quote:
One breath of Brahma.
This quote was taken out of your previous one; I was wondering if you could help me better understand it. I'm trying to better understand Brahma. Does Brahma have a cycle of wake and sleep? Also is the manifestation of Brahma that we exist within is it the only manifestation of Brahma existing at the same time; or, is it the only possible one that can and well ever exist?

[Brahma always exits right? And Brahma is infinite? And this manifestation in which we live in is a creation of Brahma but is miniscule in comparison to Brahma? Could the manifestation we live in be finite and Brahma be infinite?]

Earlier I wrote that Brahma was beyond vibratory creation which is something I read in the Autobiography Of A Yogi; I was thinking that if Brahma exist beyond time then that would perceivably be beyond vibratory creation; though such a thought would raise concerns about weather or not thought can occur outside of time - perhaps it should be all clarified as being just the time of nonlinear time; is Brahma conscious?, I know consciousness is the basis of all but at the point of all that exists existing in all moments can conscious thought still exist in such an experience?

Quote:
If we are talking about God (Hari), we say that there is nothing beyond God or nothing more than what God is, because that would mean that God is limited and finite when the reverse is true, so we say that the total, unlimited nature of Consciousness (Chit/Chid) is Sat (Truth) as this is the only thing which exists beyond the limited human perception of any conditioned truth in relation to mithyavta (conditioned existence).
There is a lot I don't really understand in this quote. I don't really understand what Hari is. I came across Hari while looking up what Sat Tat Aum look like when written in Sanskrit a short while ago; I was unable to rediscover the source I had read but my vague impression of what it was saying was that Hari was about, say, our experience within the greater experience, so to speak? What I mean is say: Brahma is beyond vibratory creation, Tat the subtlest thing in vibratory creation, Aum the unceasing “motor” the thing which up holds manifested creation via vibration; then is Hari a reference to consciousness dimensions, a way of existing at multiple different points of within wherein at the same time all of all is just Brahma.

Quote:
The word "Tat" simply means "that"...It is "is-ness" or "being-ness" or that which merely exists for the sake of existence and nothing more. It is not "made" and it generally has no purpose which could ever make sense to us...There is a Sanskrit word I love...My favorite Sanskrit word.."Swayambhu".
Swayambhu means "That".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swayambhu

Aum Namah Shivaya
When you say that the word Tat simply means that it makes me wonder if it would translate to the following: there's a book I like called The Force of Symmetry; in it, it introduced to me the concept of “where is whatwhen” aka wherewhatwhen; where is space, what is particle/quanta, when is time; the concept of where is whatwhen is a statement of physics saying that when you move in time and space “what” is equally effected; I was wondering, in relation to your quote, if Tat would be the creation of “what” as: 1st the division of wholeness to a division of consciousness which makes it possible for the statement that there exists more than one point of observation; and 2nd in relation to all that exists, the Big Bang, us and everything “that” would just be “that which is felt to be other than oneself (though in actuality they would be the same) - the creation of the external”?

I found the meaning of Swayabhu to be meaningful [Svayambhu (स्वयम्भू) is a Sanskrit word that means "self-manifested", "self-existing", or "that is created by its own accord". In Tibetan, this word appears as "Rangjung" རང་བྱུང་ . ]. The way I took your inclusion of Swayabhu in relation to Tat was that …. Oh I actually misread what you wrote!-lol. You wrote “There is a Sanskrit word I love...[….]Swayambhu.” The way in which I misread what you wrote was: There is a Sanskrit word for love….Swayambhu; which then I followed the link which stated that it meant “"self-manifested", "self-existing", or "that is created by its own accord"” so the meaning was an error but what it was was an understanding that all that has been created within vibratory creation is Self created (of the Self and by the Self) out of love. Something I once read was that Yogananda asked God why the universe was created and the answer was so that God would have someone to (something like) share in his experience of eternal love and bliss with.
By the way - I know your path has been tried and so - It may seem like the way to go - Me, I'd rather be found - Trying something new - I gotta go find my own way - I gotta go make my own mistakes - Sorry for feeling, feeling the way I do
[b]
Old 24-12-2018, 09:10 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
Although Shivani Devi's post is quite good, your post reflected an interest in how this all relates to physics and that was not addressed.
Hi Still_Waters there where somethings you brought up which I wanted to discuss but it well have to wait, another day perhaps tomarrow
[b]
Old 24-12-2018, 11:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi Still_Waters there where somethings you brought up which I wanted to discuss but it well have to wait, another day perhaps tomarrow

Since physics interests you, you might want to read the book "Quantum Questions" edited by Ken Wilbur. It includes the "mystical" writings of Nobel-prize winning quantum physicists such as Schroedinger, Einstein, Eddington, James Jeans, de Broglie, and so on.

To use your terminology from your original post, Schroedinger explicitly states that scientific instruments will NOT be able to measure "the subtlest point in vibratory creation" because the instruments cannot be sufficiently subtle for such measurements. He adds that the only way to attune to those subtle vibrations is through meditation and refers one to the Upanishads.

When I was at the Khumba Mela in Haridwar in 1998 with my spiritual mentor, I personally interacted with several extraordinary beings from the Himalayas. I was directed by my mentor to meditate on how such things are possible. As Schoedinger duly noted, quantum physics is good but only up to a certain point after which meditation is absolutely necessary to go deeper where scientific instruments cannot go.

You are obviously well-read and my sense is that you practice as well so I look forward to our future discussions. We can discuss direct validating meditative experiences in contrast to speculative theories.
Old 25-12-2018, 02:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Hello Shivani Devi, thanks for the response I think it speaks to the direction of my thoughts in a way that relates to where I am at; I was wondering what Namaste meant or rather I suppose perhaps it's cultural usage as that can differ from a definition I might look up. A similar feeling sound of an introduction phrase to a conversation, one from the Muslin culture (not a religion I've looked into but have read some about parts of the middle eastern area), is As-salāmu ʿalaykum which means “peace be with you” which then the other person responds by saying ʿalaykumu s-salām which means “and also with you” [in Wikipedia the translation is a little different but the translation I wrote is one I like which was from the movie Trader].

In a model of reality (a grand theory based view of existence) that I was working on last Spring I took a different approach to the cause and process of the Big Bang which then resulted in understanding the set of dimensions that we experience on a daily basis in a different way and then the dimensional considerations extended to such a point as to matching what you stated in the quote; I had been considering nonlinear dimensions of spacetime wherein at a certain point all of what exist would exist throughout all time in all time – the feat is presumably accomplished via relativity in relation to grand scales of “infinite” quantities of fully expanded energy and fully contracted/congealed energy occupy the same space.

This quote was taken out of your previous one; I was wondering if you could help me better understand it. I'm trying to better understand Brahma. Does Brahma have a cycle of wake and sleep? Also is the manifestation of Brahma that we exist within is it the only manifestation of Brahma existing at the same time; or, is it the only possible one that can and well ever exist?

[Brahma always exits right? And Brahma is infinite? And this manifestation in which we live in is a creation of Brahma but is miniscule in comparison to Brahma? Could the manifestation we live in be finite and Brahma be infinite?]

Earlier I wrote that Brahma was beyond vibratory creation which is something I read in the Autobiography Of A Yogi; I was thinking that if Brahma exist beyond time then that would perceivably be beyond vibratory creation; though such a thought would raise concerns about weather or not thought can occur outside of time - perhaps it should be all clarified as being just the time of nonlinear time; is Brahma conscious?, I know consciousness is the basis of all but at the point of all that exists existing in all moments can conscious thought still exist in such an experience?

There is a lot I don't really understand in this quote. I don't really understand what Hari is. I came across Hari while looking up what Sat Tat Aum look like when written in Sanskrit a short while ago; I was unable to rediscover the source I had read but my vague impression of what it was saying was that Hari was about, say, our experience within the greater experience, so to speak? What I mean is say: Brahma is beyond vibratory creation, Tat the subtlest thing in vibratory creation, Aum the unceasing “motor” the thing which up holds manifested creation via vibration; then is Hari a reference to consciousness dimensions, a way of existing at multiple different points of within wherein at the same time all of all is just Brahma.

When you say that the word Tat simply means that it makes me wonder if it would translate to the following: there's a book I like called The Force of Symmetry; in it, it introduced to me the concept of “where is whatwhen” aka wherewhatwhen; where is space, what is particle/quanta, when is time; the concept of where is whatwhen is a statement of physics saying that when you move in time and space “what” is equally effected; I was wondering, in relation to your quote, if Tat would be the creation of “what” as: 1st the division of wholeness to a division of consciousness which makes it possible for the statement that there exists more than one point of observation; and 2nd in relation to all that exists, the Big Bang, us and everything “that” would just be “that which is felt to be other than oneself (though in actuality they would be the same) - the creation of the external”?

I found the meaning of Swayabhu to be meaningful [Svayambhu (स्वयम्भू) is a Sanskrit word that means "self-manifested", "self-existing", or "that is created by its own accord". In Tibetan, this word appears as "Rangjung" རང་བྱུང་ . ]. The way I took your inclusion of Swayabhu in relation to Tat was that …. Oh I actually misread what you wrote!-lol. You wrote “There is a Sanskrit word I love...[….]Swayambhu.” The way in which I misread what you wrote was: There is a Sanskrit word for love….Swayambhu; which then I followed the link which stated that it meant “"self-manifested", "self-existing", or "that is created by its own accord"” so the meaning was an error but what it was was an understanding that all that has been created within vibratory creation is Self created (of the Self and by the Self) out of love. Something I once read was that Yogananda asked God why the universe was created and the answer was so that God would have someone to (something like) share in his experience of eternal love and bliss with.
Namaste.

There is a lot to get through here and I feel like I could go on forever explaining it and still not manage to be able to...which is how it just is regarding such things...we could discuss it for all of next year as well and still not even make a scratch upon the surface of this knowledge and awareness.

I know a bit about Quantum Physics, but not much...although that hasn't stopped me from trying to get into it.

I was going to explain a concept called Spanda, as it relates to Kashmir Shaivism and the Universal Quantum Field...but Maria Syldona does a much better job of doing this...and I am just too plastered with adult Egg Nog anyway...my family celebrates Christmas.

Quantum Physics and Shaivism - Maria Syldona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wXO7oKtNWA

Spanda: The Pulse of Consciousness - Mark Dyczkowski (from the 2018 SAND Conference)

https://www.scienceandnonduality.com...consciousness/

Spanda of the Heart Vibration:

https://hridaya-yoga.com/hridaya-yog...-of-the-heart/

"Namaste" means "I pay homage to the Divinity within you" and "Namaskaram" and "Vannakam" means exactly the same thing, just from different areas and dialects of India. "Namaste" is like a "spiritual wink" saying..."hello and we both know the universal score here....WE BOTH ARE THAT!"

...but right now, my brain hurts trying to put all the Vedic Kalpas through the Higgs Field and then making it come out the other side in any way that a human brain could possibly understand it...least of all, my own.

However, if you want to know as much about this as I do...I will drop some names...and read/watch EVERYTHING ever written, said and made by them..I already have!

THESE ARE MY GURUS!!

1. Mark Dyczkowsky
2. Maria Syldona
3. Igor Kufayev
4. Stephen Wolinsky
5. Sally Kempton
6. Jaideva Singh
7. Alain Danielou

Or you can just sit back and watch every single Science and Non Duality Conference about Quantum Physics and Bija Mantras...and how Spanda created the first 50 syllables/sounds of the Sanskrit (Devanagari) alphabet...read the Spanda Karikas:

https://www.amazon.com/Spanda-Karika.../dp/8120808215

Also, Have a look through the videos made on Youtube by a user called "Shaktipatseer2".

There's an 'entry point' into my level of consciousness and thought processes anyway.

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 25-12-2018, 01:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Namaste.

There is a lot to get through here and I feel like I could go on forever explaining it and still not manage to be able to...which is how it just is regarding such things...we could discuss it for all of next year as well and still not even make a scratch upon the surface of this knowledge and awareness.

I know a bit about Quantum Physics, but not much...although that hasn't stopped me from trying to get into it.

I was going to explain a concept called Spanda, as it relates to Kashmir Shaivism and the Universal Quantum Field...but Maria Syldona does a much better job of doing this...and I am just too plastered with adult Egg Nog anyway...my family celebrates Christmas.

Quantum Physics and Shaivism - Maria Syldona

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wXO7oKtNWA

Spanda: The Pulse of Consciousness - Mark Dyczkowski (from the 2018 SAND Conference)

https://www.scienceandnonduality.com...consciousness/

Spanda of the Heart Vibration:

https://hridaya-yoga.com/hridaya-yog...-of-the-heart/

"Namaste" means "I pay homage to the Divinity within you" and "Namaskaram" and "Vannakam" means exactly the same thing, just from different areas and dialects of India. "Namaste" is like a "spiritual wink" saying..."hello and we both know the universal score here....WE BOTH ARE THAT!"

...but right now, my brain hurts trying to put all the Vedic Kalpas through the Higgs Field and then making it come out the other side in any way that a human brain could possibly understand it...least of all, my own.

However, if you want to know as much about this as I do...I will drop some names...and read/watch EVERYTHING ever written, said and made by them..I already have!

THESE ARE MY GURUS!!

1. Mark Dyczkowsky
2. Maria Syldona
3. Igor Kufayev
4. Stephen Wolinsky
5. Sally Kempton
6. Jaideva Singh
7. Alain Danielou

Or you can just sit back and watch every single Science and Non Duality Conference about Quantum Physics and Bija Mantras...and how Spanda created the first 50 syllables/sounds of the Sanskrit (Devanagari) alphabet...read the Spanda Karikas:

https://www.amazon.com/Spanda-Karika.../dp/8120808215

Also, Have a look through the videos made on Youtube by a user called "Shaktipatseer2".

There's an 'entry point' into my level of consciousness and thought processes anyway.

Aum Namah Shivaya

Thanks for the links. I'm going to listen to them.