Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 07-07-2018, 06:58 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
'
No it isn't. The question I put was 'why does God not show itself'. Not 'why don't we see what is right in front of us?'

This topic is seemingly difficult to grasp.

But God does show itself in every moment. So why do you not see the Divine right in front of you?

It is not difficult at all - in fact it is extremely simple. Perhaps it is too simple for most people to grasp.

Peace.
Old 08-07-2018, 06:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
But God does show itself in every moment. So why do you not see the Divine right in front of you?

It is not difficult at all - in fact it is extremely simple. Perhaps it is too simple for most people to grasp.

Peace.

No, I don't see the divine right in front of me - obviously the reason I asked the question.
Old 08-07-2018, 10:36 AM
Master

Quote:
No, I don't see the divine right in front of me - obviously the reason I asked the question.

So instead of asking why God does not reveal itself perhaps you need to be asking yourself what you can do to see the Divine in all things.

As always, the answer lies within. When we find our true spiritual centre, when we reach the point where we identify with our own spiritual Being, then we see that Divinity everywhere.

Peace.
Old 08-07-2018, 02:00 PM
Master

Quote:
Just imagine how the world would change if God would speak quite clearly to all of the 8 billion Earth inhabitants at the same time and say something like this: On the 2nd of May this year the sun will appear in the sky as always but it will be green. It will stay green for one complete turn of the planet so that everyone can see it and so know, following my words to you all, that I am.

This would be no skin off God's nose and would allow us to get on with things. And as we also know changing the colour of the sun for a day would be easy, requiring only a miracle, of which there are many in the Bible, so having a decisive miracle 2000 years later could only be positive.

This would solve quite a number of obvious problems and we wouldn't be requested 'to believe', something which has caused and still causes friction and has no point anyway. Instead of believing (in whatever) we'd KNOW.

Then we could live our lives accordingly without fighting among ourselves as to who is right. Let's get rid of all 'beliefs', all superstitions, all religious traditions, all church buildings, all professional preachers, all funny clothes, hats, bishops and popes and their ilk - in fact let's rid ourselves of the whole pot and be able to look God directly in the eye.

Why should he/she/it want it to be otherwise.?????

Language is a very limited medium of expression and one that is very highly subject to mis-interpretation. There would probably be wars over what God really meant and said if God were to do what you suggest.
Old 09-07-2018, 05:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
So instead of asking why God does not reveal itself perhaps you need to be asking yourself what you can do to see the Divine in all things.

As always, the answer lies within. When we find our true spiritual centre, when we reach the point where we identify with our own spiritual Being, then we see that Divinity everywhere.

Peace.

Well it so happens that I'm a sort of purist, I need solid facts before I'll agree to certain utterances. Nor do I in any way wish to simply imagine that when I look out of my window that I'm looking at 'God'.

However you haven't yet given one reason why 'God' shouldn't show itself.

In addition you cannot know that I haven't found my own (as you call it) true spiritual centre. An assumption on your part.
Old 09-07-2018, 07:22 AM
Master
"Unified Field" or the "Source Consciousness" could be likened to "Morphic Fields":
Quote:
The morphic field of the flock is what links and organizes them. In their Morphic Field the starlings simply know what to do. Schools of fish, bees and ant colonies all show obvious influence of social morphic fields.

…… AS IF there was a central intelligence or a choreographer guiding them intuitively - yet the field is empty.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:09 PM
Master
Quote:
No it isn't. The question I put was 'why does God not show itself'. Not 'why don't we see what is right in front of us?'

This topic is seemingly difficult to grasp.
Ha! I logged on after being away for months, just to respond to this. :) I understand your question Busby which, as you pointed out, isn't being addressed in the many answers you've received, the ones I've read anyway. My own take: You first have to believe in a God (or a Something or Thing) which exists in such a way that it has the capacity to reveal itself in the manner you are speaking of. But if that Being-Thing doesn't in fact exist in that capacity and manner, then there's your answer! At the same time, I agree (vibrate baby!) with the essence of what most here are saying: "God" (Spirit) is revealed at all times and in every moment. Living life is the process of waking up to that reality, and learning to observe it in the world.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Ha! I logged on after being away for months, just to respond to this. :) I understand your question Busby which, as you pointed out, isn't being addressed in the many answers you've received, the ones I've read anyway. My own take: You first have to believe in a God (or a Something or Thing) which exists in such a way that it has the capacity to reveal itself in the manner you are speaking of. But if that Being-Thing doesn't in fact exist in that capacity and manner, then there's your answer! At the same time, I agree (vibrate baby!) with the essence of what most here are saying: "God" (Spirit) is revealed at all times and in every moment. Living life is the process of waking up to that reality, and learning to observe it in the world.
Hey Baile! Long time, no see!!
Old 09-07-2018, 02:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Hey Baile! Long time, no see!!
Hi Davidson, yes finally got some yard work done. Life pre-internet-distraction was pretty productive as I'm now recalling. You're looking pretty good there Cap'n BTW! Makes me want to put my mug up there as well; just finished losing my winter weight and I'm officially summer beautiful now.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:14 PM
Master
............... n/m