Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 01-12-2018, 06:37 PM
Master
Siddhartha Quotes by Hermann Hesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."
Dale Cooper - Twin Peaks

... just thought I'd give myself a present by sharing it with all of you today.

All,

“It may be important to great thinkers to examine the world, to explain and despise it. But I think it is only important to love the world, not to despise it, not for us to hate each other, but to be able to regard the world and ourselves and all beings with love, admiration and respect.”
― Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

Rarely does one find such profound wisdom as in this quote above from the novel by Hermann Hesse, entitled, Siddhartha. It is an adaptation of the story of the travels of Siddhartha Gautama , who eventually became known as The Buddha. The 1st reference contains many of the profound quotes from the novel.

I came across this superb site while answering a fascinating question from a fellow SF member AnandinBhisajKurma to his post, entitled "The Tao of LOA" (see the 2nd reference), containing another great quote that stood out for me when I read Hermann Hesse's epic novel:

“I shall no longer be instructed by the Yoga Veda or the Aharva Veda, or the ascetics, or any other doctrine whatsoever. I shall learn from myself, be a pupil of myself; I shall get to know myself, the mystery of Siddhartha." He looked around as if he were seeing the world for the first time.”

May you, too, find something within this gift, to give to yourself, and to share, as well....

Reference: https://www.goodreads.com/work/quote...ische-dichtung

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...32&postcount=4
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 01-12-2018 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-12-2018, 09:47 PM
Master
Book1

Quote:

“I shall no longer be instructed by the Yoga Veda or the Aharva Veda, or the ascetics, or any other doctrine whatsoever. I shall learn from myself, be a pupil of myself; I shall get to know myself, the mystery of Siddhartha." He looked around as if he were seeing the world for the first time.”

This. This has been my path this time. I didn't know it, I didn't chose it - not deliberately, in this life - it is just what has happened. Enjoying the learning of life. As is. Without transcriptions...

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3
Old 10-12-2018, 02:26 AM
Ascender
I moved first to N. CA as a self gift, then on to AZ. I have had some stress but am starting to be use to living here and meeting new people. And trust all will turn out fine.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:10 AM
Suspended
Seeker

Yes. You don't need to deprive yourself from the happiness that you deserve. You need to rest and enjoy life every now and then
Old 16-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Realm Ki
This. This has been my path this time. I didn't know it, I didn't chose it - not deliberately, in this life - it is just what has happened. Enjoying the learning of life. As is. Without transcriptions...

Realm Ki,

...it is good to hear this.

Who knows what wonders that the choice to be surprised...will bring serendipitously ?
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 16-12-2018, 05:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissCreativeSpirit
I moved first to N. CA as a self gift, then on to AZ. I have had some stress but am starting to be use to living here and meeting new people. And trust all will turn out fine.

MissCreativeSpirit,

...I trust you will...
Old 16-12-2018, 05:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exa4310
Yes. You don't need to deprive yourself from the happiness that you deserve. You need to rest and enjoy life every now and then

Exa4310,

Welcome to the SF.

Thank you for the gift of caring shown to others for their benefit.
Old 16-12-2018, 10:42 PM
Master
Paradise has no time, age or sanctuary. Awaits us.

Quote:
"Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen."
Dale Cooper - Twin Peaks

All,

While viewing the excellent adaptation of the life of Gertrude Bell, in the movie Queen of the Desert, I heard this quote,

"Paradise has no time, age or sanctuary. Awaits us.".

It reminded me of what the phrases, "The Kingdom of Heaven is at hand" and "The Kingdom of Heaven is within you" mean.

....awaiting.
Old 25-12-2018, 08:59 PM
Master
You are (fill in the blank)

Quote:
Dale Cooper - Twin Peaks

From the 1st reference, below:

"Imagining creates reality! Have you imagined something and it hasn't come to pass? Then what are you imagining right now?"

"Are you imagining you are John Brown? You were not born knowing you were John Brown. You were born and others began to call you John.

As time passed you began to assume you were John Brown and began to respond when you heard the name John. When you imagined being secure did you forget the feeling? Are you imagining you are secure now? You may have no evidence that you are secure, but as you allow others to tell you how much you are loved and wanted, how successful and famous you are, you will begin to assume it, and imagination will have created its reality. Try it, for that reality you already are!

Now let us go into the silence."

From the the scene in the movie, the Matrix, where the child called Spoon Boy says the following to Neo (in the second reference):

"Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Spoon boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Spoon boy: Then you'll see that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself."

..... So what are you imagining right now?

Bend the reality of Yourself...with your Imagination.

You are (fill in the blank).

.... in that silence.

Reference: http://realneville.com/pdf/imagining_creates.pdf

Reference: https://sfy.ru/transcript/matrix_ts

Last edited by guthrio : 26-12-2018 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-01-2019, 06:36 PM
Master
...when you fully realize it’s already a reality, you feel the power of it.

Quote:
Dale Cooper - Twin Peaks

All,

Today, I found a few thoughts by Eckhart Tolle that really resonated with me, in the 1st reference, entitled, "Eckhart Tolle Insights which remind us of Neville Goddard". Why did this article resonate with me?

Because the portion of it that I used as the title of this post spoke most powerfully to how the words BEFORE and ALREADY can catalyze your consciousness toward actualization of desires: "when you fully realize it’s already a reality, you feel the power of it."

Even BEFORE you see it with your eyes or in your affairs, it is ALL READY to go.

Even BEFORE you affirm it within your heart and mind, it is ALL READY to be received by you.

Even BEFORE you doubted it would come, it is ALL READY waiting for you.

Even BEFORE you say yes, then say no, and then say yes or no over and over again, it is still ALL READY present to be yours to choose.

Making this metaphor even more personal, knowing that what you want or need BEFOREHAND is exactly like knowing that the air you need to "manifest your next breath" is.......ALL READY present and available.

The only difference is you've been "manifesting breathing" (get it?) so often, you've just forgotten that the air you needed, was available BEFORE you needed it, right? Manifesting your desires is just the same....and you can't see them beforehand, either, can you?

So it's just as Neville Goddard said in the 2nd reference: "To be realized, then, the wish must be resolved into the feeling of being or having or witnessing the state sought. This is accomplished by assuming the feeling of the wish fulfilled. The feeling which comes in response to the question "How would I feel were my wish realized?".....

If you ALL-READY knew that your birthday present WAS just waiting to be presented to you, you would ACT THAT WAY BEFOREHAND (though pretending to be surprised) wouldn't you?

If you can answer that question truly, now , then you will "get" why the certainty of knowing BEFOREHAND is exactly the kind of feeling the title of this post means. Heck, even if you didn't know your birthday present was being hidden from you, you would still be surprised that it was ALL READY there!

So why not "GIVE YOURSELF A PRESENT" by discovering that whatever you've always wanted is ALL READY WAITING FOR YOU?

Happy Birthday....every day? SURPRISE !!!

Hope this, and the references, below, surprise you by helping you manifest the "breadth of your imagination's desires" just as satisfyingly as your next breath of fresh air.

Reference: http://www.auspiciousness.org/eckhar...ville-goddard/ (explore the comments after the article, too!)

Reference: http://www.feelingisthesecret.org/chapter-two Feeling is the Secret

Last edited by guthrio : 08-01-2019 at 03:52 AM.