Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 12-01-2019, 01:39 PM
Experiencer

My boyfriend comes back home and I pick up his negative energy

Me and S started dating a few months ago and we decided to move in together.

He has a job at the city centre and sometimes he can also work from home.

When he works from home all is well, but when he goes to the office, is just horrible when he comes back.

He goes early on the train with all those people in the rat race, with a lot of negative emotions, people that hate their jobs, their lives, etc.

Then spends the whole day stuck in the office and comes back home later in the day with the same energy on the train.

As soon as he steps through the door I feel it immediately. I'm an empath, and very sensitive to energies.

I have my own business and work from home. I always hated the rat race, office jobs and all that life. I was so happy years ago when I finally got rid of all that and can work from home which is my haven.

So when he enters the house is a nightmare to me. Yes I try to protect myself from this, and he also takes a salt bath when he arrives, etc, but still it affects me. It's like my haven which I have built with a clean and peaceful energy, suddenly changes. I even feel sometimes I want to run away from my own house!

I can't stand it really.

We have been having other issues in the relationship as well (communication and compatibilty issues) and I'm questioning the relationship.

Wonder if I would be better off with someone who has their own business as well and are not involved with those energies.

What do you think? Thanks.
Old 16-01-2019, 11:18 AM
Suspended
Seeker

Just because he's manifesting negative vibes when he comes doesn't mean you have to find a new partner. You can actually do something about it.

You can tell your partner to try to meditate at least once a day, or maybe listen to subliminals. Maybe he just needs to do some practicing so that he will not attract the negative vibes at work.
Old 23-01-2019, 05:57 PM
Newbie ;)

Honestly, I just had the same sort of conversation with my fiance over the weekend. I have done a lot to ensure that I have work that is pretty balanced/good overall, so that when I leave work I'm able to *leave* everything at work.

He hasn't been able to - he's in a stressful supervisor job and he "takes everything home", to the point where he's been venting at me a lot and kind of dragging me down with him. Normally, I like being supportive and listening, but it was all becoming too much.

It depends, overall, if you feel like this is someone you want to grow with? Are there things you could be learning from the way he makes you feel? Does he see any issue with it? Or do you know you really want to break up with him and are looking for a rationalization for that?
Old 24-01-2019, 10:25 AM
Lorelyen

Unfortunately "work" does down a good many people and probably screws up many relationships. Demands, pressures, oft-times humiliation....they inflict the most negative of moods. I often refer to employed work as "life-frittering; soul destroying" because I believe it is. At least working from home one isn't faced directly with people one detests and interactions are slower.

It's a sad fact of life. The best thing may be to get him to talk about his day at work so at least you can express sympathy and HE realises you're aware of his plight. You are probably his island of sanity and peace, the place he can press re-set to return to a normal self....although a job one hates will always be hanging over the atmosphere at bit.

Hopefully he'll find a new job in the end. It won't get rid of problems - it just swaps them for another set - but if you can bear with him, you could have the makings of a very good relationship. You seem to understand the situation at home.

Like you, I work from home (basically).
Old 24-01-2019, 05:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
I often refer to employed work as "life-frittering; soul destroying" because I believe it is.

On the same boat with you there. Always been afraid of getting "stuck" into that lifestyle. I remember that tired look on my mom's face while dragging her feet while walking.

Not much to say about the original post. Hard to say when i'm not dealing with the situation myself. Good luck.