Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 13-01-2018, 07:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Maybe you missed out the mind because because you see it as an enemy when the appearance of the manifestation could be a process like:-

Have you ever asked yourself the question. What is it in you that regards your mind as an enemy? Could it be your mind itself that regards itself as an enemy? Just what is going on here?

With all due respect, you are making an erroneous assumption; I have absolutely no “enemies” in my life and would never use the word “enemy” to describe any relationship that I have in my life. We have a symbiotic relationship with our mind just as we do with our physical body.

“Enemy“ is the word that you have chosen to use, and viewing my mind as an “enemy” would be similar to viewing my physical body as an enemy, because our mind is our mental body, just like we have a physical body and an emotional body, we also have a mental body. We exist as human beings on many levels simultaneously, physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual.

Mental states are states of being and it is unwise to categorize a state of being as an “enemy.” I believe that we must train our mind, just like we must train our physical body, and if we do not train our mind it could, and most often does, become harmful to us; just like if we don’t watch what we eat, or do not practice physical hygiene, but that does not make it our enemy.

Just because a person develops a disease in their physical body does not mean that their physical body is their enemy, and it is the same with our mind. Regardless, as I have already said, I have absolutely no enemies. Calling something or someone an “enemy” is a bipolar, or dualistic, way of looking at life, i.e. friends and enemies are dualistic concepts, etc.

My view of life is mostly holistic, or at least that is what I strive for. It is all a matter of a person’s aptitude and perspective.

Namaste
Old 13-01-2018, 09:43 PM
badcopyink

I view duality and non duality as the same.

A roller coaster. We all get on. We all get to experience the views from the top and the views from the bottom. It is up to us to enjoy those views. The idea of the bottom view being different than the top view is what teaches us to see that there is no difference. Whether you enjoyed the ride or hated the ride you still get off on the same exit.

I also like OSHO's quote of it as a tree.

Quote:
Sadness gives depth. Happiness gives height. Sadness gives roots. Happiness gives branches. Happiness is like a tree going into the sky, and sadness is like the roots going down into the womb of the earth. Both are needed, and the higher a tree goes, the deeper it goes, simultaneously. The bigger the tree, the bigger will be its roots. In fact, it is always in proportion. That's its balance.
Old 20-12-2018, 07:41 PM
Deactivated Account
I say absolutely. Once you label something it then becomes split into what it is and what it is not. Even the definition of nonduality which is suppose to symbolize being whole can be split, speaking of nonduality breaks down the experiential nature of nonduality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl
Nonduality replicates duality in the presence of language. Language is directly related to knowledge in which enlightenment comes into play as another replication.

Is nonduality just another replication?

Sierra

Last edited by Jefferson : 20-12-2018 at 09:25 PM.