Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Closed Thread

Old 15-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Space_Man

What is the nature of the Divine...?

I intend for us to discuss any & every aspect of the Divine within this thread, such as (just to scratch the surface):

Old 16-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Elen0Sila

I'm going to answer all of these questions from my personal beliefs. However, I have total respect for anyone who believes something else, and I really incline to the view that there is no "one truth." So even though my answers will be particularist, I don't think people who believe otherwise are "wrong." :)

Quote:
Is there just one God, or many?

There is one G-d. One of the most beautiful and well known prayers in Judaism is the Shema prayer (it is said in all services, but it is also traditionally the final words spoken by a dying Jew, and was sung in the gas chambers of Aushwitz ... it has powerful emotional significance to Jews): "Shema Yisrael Adonai Eloheinu Adonai Echod." "Hear, O Israel, the Lord your G-d, to Lord is One."

[quote]What is the closeness of God to us humans
Old 17-01-2006, 02:17 PM
DASA

Nature of The Divine

Following Elen's lead, more answers below:

Old 17-01-2006, 06:09 PM
Elen0Sila

Quote:
It is impossible to know EVERYTHING about Krishna, because He is beyond comprehension.
But that does not stop us from having a Personal relationship with Him.

This got me thinking ... of course one can have a personal relationship with a G-d who is not entirely knowable. Who knows everything about his or her friends and relatives? And isn't that one of the important things in a relationship -- not being able to predict/know exactly everything about the other person? Isn't the point of a relationship to get to know the other person? In other words, the relationship is the process.

If G-d were completely knowable, there would be no reason to have a relationship with Him. Does this make sense? I'm having a moment, but I'm not sure that I know how to communicate it.
Old 17-01-2006, 09:08 PM
Space_Man

Re: Nature of The Divine

[quote=Elen0Sila]... of course one can have a personal relationship with a G-d who is not entirely knowable.
Old 18-01-2006, 10:52 AM
DASA

Re: Nature of the Divine

"Just out of curiosity: What, then, does it mean for a human to
Old 23-01-2006, 06:35 PM
Space_Man

Re: Nature of the Divine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DASA
Who wants to stay in this world of suffering? It's like wanting to stay as a lonely beggar on the street, rather than return to your father's house where a loving home and a great fortune awaits you.
Any thoughts as to why God might want (dare I say need) us humans to under-go that experience of
Old 24-01-2006, 12:31 PM
DASA

Divine Nature

"Any thoughts as to why God might want (dare I say need) us humans to under-go that experience of
Old 24-01-2006, 05:23 PM
Space_Man

Re: Divine Nature

Quote:
We need Krishna. He does not need us.
[size=2]Can
Old 24-01-2006, 06:50 PM
Poppies

Re: Divine Nature

Quote:
We need Krishna. He does not need us. He just loves us so much, that is His nature, but He does not want to force us to love Him. He gives choice. That's love.

Somehow that doesn't fit in with the image of God that I was given over the years - this God who says "love me before you die, or you go to eternal damnation"......................

That's why I like this Forum!

Spacey... I must watch those Matrix films.... are they good?!?!
Closed Thread