Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-03-2011, 02:07 AM
mac

[quote=Jules]There's every difference mac. With BRITISH law being the way it is, one of the policies of the SNU is that the MEDIUM states whether they are working psychically or mediumistically. For instance, if using any form of 'tools' ie tarot, crystals etc and spirit communication is established, then whatever means must be laid aside and the client informed. That's a fair point, Jules, for mediums making charges there, but that applies only in the UK and our Transatlantic cousins are unaffected by our laws.

Unfortunately, that is what gives the genuine Mediums a bad name. I've seen it sooo many times when a new reader tries to offer evidential mediumship when it is purely a psychic reading. I've seen it happen in church too during a platform demonstration. And this comes down to there being a need for a better support structure than we have at present and less demand being made on developing mediums.

But to be honest I think this is where the newbies are falling down. They jump in with both feet first, excitement takes over that they can actually get things right but can't differentiate between the energies - and it takes a LOT of work, training, acceptance and trust. same remark as above...To me, PSYCHIC awareness is paramount in a Mediums' development. Not just to help build confidence, developing their senses, trust, intuition etc but also in that energy recognition and vibrational change process. As is often said, all mediums are psychic etc. There would be no communication, no medium, if they were not psychic and hence able to communicate with the unseen family and friends of their sitters....

Well, I suppose it's down to each individuals perception, and how much the agree or disagree with either of us lol. We're back to the fundamental of what each individual thinks a medium can / should be able to do. I know exactly what my medium must be able to do and I'm fairly confident I know what you think about your medium...

Again this comes down to their own training (or lack of in some cases) and ego. And down to what I've mentioned above. Sensitives of whatever flavour may genuinely believe they're doing the 'right thing' giving readings, channelling so-called ascended masters or what-have-you From a different perspective though, one must also recognise that everyone is at their own level - and we've all had to start at the beginning :). No problem there provided we don't end up in a blind alley, eh?
Old 10-03-2011, 03:25 AM
Foodmuse

Jule,
I enjoyed your "reading" on this question. It opened awareness in consiousness. Thank you.
Foodmuse
Old 10-03-2011, 04:50 AM
Jules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodmuse
Jule,
I enjoyed your "reading" on this question. It opened awareness in consiousness. Thank you.
Foodmuse
You're very welcome me love.. pleased to meet you btw :)
Old 10-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Jules

Morning Mac :)

Quote:
That's a fair point, Jules, for mediums making charges there, but that applies only in the UK and our Transatlantic cousins are unaffected by our laws.
Sighhh quite agreed. Saying that it's as rife over here too. there's just too many that jump in both feet first without understanding the fundamentals. And there's not enough development circles about these days either. I know of a few fab online ones but there's not many offline that aren't associated with the church so I'm starting one up once I've got the dining room sorted out in the new house. A basic beginners psychic awareness group - and its great because they're all youngsters, which is obviously brilliant to see. Well between 16 and 24 anyway.

Quote:
And this comes down to there being a need for a better support structure than we have at present and less demand being made on developing mediums.
I absolutely agree but this is where the fall down of the church is coming into play. I know we've had the discussion many times of the failings of the SNU churches, what with ego, belittlement, and jelousies etc, but they DO have a brilliant training course - to a point. funnily enough I went to their website yesterday and they've changed the ethos. They are now accepting the Universal laws which is something they never did before. Or certainly from when I did my training anyway.
I remember being told once by someone quite high up that I wasn't allowed to bring an animal through as a communicator - because animals can't talk. Obviously being at the stage I was and VERY impressionable I believed her. When it happened again and I got in trouble I challenged her. Animals are Spirit just as we are, and can bring far more comfort to someone than a long distant relative could. she still wouldn't accept it and said excuse me, who's the experienced Medium here? that's when my association with the church started to waver. Not the fact that she wouldn't agree, but the fact that she wasn't open to the possibility of changing her truth. Of course NOW I realise that each of us have a role to play, have our own way of working - and thinking lol.

Quote:
As is often said, all mediums are psychic etc. There would be no communication, no medium, if they were not psychic and hence able to communicate with the unseen family and friends of their sitters....
Of course not. But this is WHY they need the psychic development first .. in order to recognise that energy. It's also important to understand the varying energies of guides/Spirit/Angels etc. It helps immensely with identification! :P

Quote:
We're back to the fundamental of what each individual thinks a medium can / should be able to do. I know exactly what my medium must be able to do and I'm fairly confident I know what you think about your medium...
Lololol now that's very true .. and of course I do :). But saying that, sometimes you know mac - the message is just as important to the sitter, and Spirit will use whatever medium or tool, they can in order to get that message across - even if it's their Higher C that's talking to them. I've had two occassions just very recently of bringing Spirit through, extremely clear descriptions etc .. fired off the messages, to the point where it had one sitter in tears - only to find out after the reading the spirit was still alive. That freaked me out, but it's only when I sat with it and understood we're all Spirit anway and as one so why wouldn't it happen? And nope before you say it lol, it wasn't psychic reading. I saw felt and heard Spirit as I do when they've crossed.

Quote:
And down to what I've mentioned above. Sensitives of whatever flavour may genuinely believe they're doing the 'right thing' giving readings, channelling so-called ascended masters or what-have-you
Very much so but what some people fail to realise is that you have someone's life in your hands. What you say and how you say it can make or break a person. And this is where personal responsibility comes into its own.
On a higher level, all we can do is help light the way for the newbies. Hoping they understand what a responsibility they have on their hands. This isn't a game, it's healing at its finest - or should be given the right tools and developing compassion, integrity, honesty, truth and love along the way. But on a brighter note you know the old adage - when the pupil's ready the teacher appears :). Much love. Jue x
Old 10-03-2011, 02:53 PM
LightFilledHeart

Every medium is a psychic, but not every psychic is also a medium
Old 10-03-2011, 02:54 PM
Jules

very very true :)
Old 10-03-2011, 02:54 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
Every medium is a psychic, but not every psychic is also a medium

We've already done this....
Old 14-03-2011, 09:06 AM
progg77

any thoughts on sally morgan she seems very good. ??
Old 14-03-2011, 02:58 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by progg77
any thoughts on sally morgan she seems very good. ??

good at what?
Old 14-03-2011, 04:22 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteDevil
Does John Edward really have a special ability to talk to the deceased relatives of others? or does he just cold read? what do you guys think?

Hello

It is all a part of " Cold Reading " as he doesn ot know whom will or will not come to him. We that are Medium's can ask for that LOVed on to join us but we are only the vessel they use, if they are not willing or the energy is not there communications will not come.

I have had the pleasure many year's ago of meeting and doing a workshop with Mr. Edward and he is the "REAL DEAL". I found him to be a man of huge feelings and compassions for the work he does. He has a passion to pass on what he knows and move us all forward to more open undertanding that we do not die and that is that.

I will admit he is different some might say a bit exentric BUT at the Metaphysical Church I attend I am often calld " ODD" in the most affectionate way as I too have ways that are not alway understood .

Lynn