Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 28-01-2019, 06:22 PM
Master

My dogs are on grain free kibble as well as expensive canned food. No grains. Canines and felines are meat eaters. There was a study not to long ago that said feeding your dogs peas and potatoes causes serious health issues. And for the past X number of years manufacturers have been using them as fillers (because they are cheap). So I embarked on a mission to fine a whole meat based kibble and canned dog food for them. Orijen makes the very best kibble for my dogs and they absolutely love it. Each dog gets one can of food a day. It's more of a good girl award. Both are work dogs. They are livestock guardian dogs and are extremely active in keeping varmints away from the ducks.

Cats too are on a grain free diet. And no peas, carrots, potatoes or 'stews'. If i am going to feed them canned food it's going to be whole meat. Humans think their pets need vegetables but canines and felines are not omnivores, they are carnivores. All of this is necessary due to keeping me away from grains as much as possible. Cats have their own personality. One of my cats prefers the canned food the other the kibble. And from past experience I've learned you can't 'force' a cat to eat what you want. They will just stop eating...for days at a time. Not good. They get what they want now.

Now my ducks are on grain. That's what ducks eat. But I have them on a good blend that is a little bit of corn and many other grains for a well balanced diet. Plus they are free range during the day so they can pick up bugs and eat grass as well. That's the big problems with me is doling out their grain each day. But they are not lap animals so I don't get close to them and only a few will allow me to pet them. Of course it's wash the hands thoroughly afterwards.

Lol as far as my surgeries. They need to be done. One knee has been injured so many times (a tendon and a ligament) it is crippled. Knee replacement. Not repair. Repair doesn't guarantee the problem will get fixed and actually knee surgery to repair is much more painful than replacement and takes longer to heal. Plus I don't have any cartilage in the knee anymore. And once it's gone the body replaces the cartilage with bone spurs. Not more cartilage. No supplement will help though there are many advertisements out there claiming they can.

Second surgery is for a inguinal hernia. It's where the intestines actually go down into the hernia area. It can choke off the intestine and cause excruciating pain and eventually kill the loop of intestine that is caught in hernia area. I wear a belt to hold my intestines where they need to be. There is no natural remedy to fix this problem.

Sapphirez as the body gets older it's ability to heal decreases. We have more free radicals, less t cells to fight infection, less calcium absorption, less HGH and IGF-1 to heal. All the claims out there that you can take a supplement to increase any of the things I've listed above is just bogus. It's part of the aging process that will eventually lead to death.

I know we believe different here. You believe all sickness and disease can be healed. I don't. I accept that I am limited because my body does not function as it did when I was younger. Even 10 years ago. And I don't want to go on living beyond when my body ceases to function well. I am not afraid of dying. I think of it as freeing myself from a worn out body that served me well to learn the lessons I came here to learn in this lifetime.

Cat hair is not fun. My cats are almost 14 years old now. And with age comes the inability to pass hair balls. I've tried them on the ointments for hair balls and they just can't handle the ointments. And I've tried everything including organics that are less oil based, using instead, salmon oil. It's just heartbreaking to see them trying to manage it. And they don't work! Their bodes are also failing as they get older. I brush them often and do the best I can to make their life more comfortable until it's time for them to go to The Big Cat Scratching Post in the Sky.

Many people "claim" this or that is helping them. I've bought into certain products and natural remedies and in the end found no change in results. So I'm done going down that avenue.
Old 20-04-2019, 10:33 PM
Master

Wiki had this to say about a corn allergy.

Corn/Maize allergy is a type of food allergy. It can be a difficult allergy to manage, particularly in the United States, due to the various food products which contain various forms of corn, such as corn starch, modified food starch, vinegar, and vanilla extract, among many others.[1] However, it is an allergy that often goes unrecognized.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corn_allergy

I like that: "...particularly in the United States." I read recently that all European Union countries are not allowed to use preservatives and pesticides on or in food that are harmful to humans. Imagine that! Protecting your people.

And some with corn or gluten allergies can eat better without getting sick in Europe and particularly the U.K.
Old 30-10-2019, 11:37 PM
Master

A friend told me there is a new taco shell in the neighborhood by Siete. Corn (and gluten) free. I can't wait to try them.

I emailed Beanitos several years ago and suggested they try to make taco shells. Siete will corner the market apparently.
Old 31-10-2019, 11:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
A friend told me there is a new taco shell in the neighborhood by Siete. Corn (and gluten) free. I can't wait to try them.

I emailed Beanitos several years ago and suggested they try to make taco shells. Siete will corner the market apparently.

That is exciting! I know how much new food means to me and I am barely restricted.
Old 31-10-2019, 03:34 PM
Master

Anala, I am fortunate that we can afford foods that I can eat. My diet is expensive. There is very little, anymore that I do without. Lol, well, other than gluten and corn. But as far as foods go, I have a brand of brats I can eat, tortilla chips, candies, meats, etc., that I used to enjoy. I do pretty good. Taco shells are just the latest re-introduction. Thanks!
Old 17-08-2020, 03:53 PM
Master

I went back and read some of the posts at the first of this thread. I started it 7-4-2015. So much uncertainty back then. So much to learn. I loved being able to connect with others that have food or chemical sensitivities. It made me feel like I wasn't alone. And I wasn't, thanks to your support.

When I became gluten and corn intolerant, starting in 2013, I went though a whirlwind of a learning experience, because the only way to test a food was to eat it. And then when I'd have a reaction, I'd research it online. I remember one of my last foods to have a reaction to (on a very long learning curve) was coffee. After researching I found they can use fillers in ground coffee; one of them corn.

in 2013 I first became intolerant to dairy. I eliminated that and then started getting sick on other foods. Eventually I found I was gluten intolerant, then corn, and the rest is journaled at the first of this thread.

A few years later I did the DNA test with 23 and Me. 23 and Me does ongoing research on anyone who participates in their DNA testing. Finding the commonalities with DNA and maladies. I was puzzled when I received an email from them saying I did not have the genes that can cause celiac.

I was relieved that my family didn't have to worry about celiac, but wondered why I got it.

I finally connected the dots: a year before I started having food problems, I had the severe form of West Nile (only 1% of those who get WN, get the severe type) with meningitis. With the severe type of WN I had a compromised immune system (the second reason why people can develop celiac disease). Made sense.

Fast forward to last week. I was eating some gf cheese doodles and reread the label (I always read labels) and was shocked to see the first ingredient was corn! I about choked. How had I missed that! I happened to already have an appointment with my doctor so while there, explained to her what happened.

My doctor suggested some enzymes or whatever might have been killed in my intestinal tract while I was sick with WN, and it has taken this long to balance out my gut flora. It must be said the doctor who helped me through WN has since retired and this new doctor has no history of my journey to live healthy on a gluten and corn free diet. She said the only way to be sure was to go straight to the source. Get some corn on the cob. So I did and I had no reaction, no sickness.

Maybe she's right, not sure about that. But the important thing is I can now eat corn again.

So now I am sadly and happily posting my last time to this thread on 8-17-2020. I wish you well and hope this information can help you on your journey to a healthy life.
Old 17-08-2020, 10:25 PM
Master

One more thing, there have been 28,066 views to this thread over the years. I sure hope my journey has helped some of you.
Old 17-08-2020, 10:33 PM
Master
yep i had a techer it wz algery 2 weet but shes a deer frind of min not sen her in yrs but i call her frind i do coz she saw gud me how gid my art wz
i no serten foods is bad for u sets my rt off
serten meds im algerci 2 lk penasilon i am

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 18-08-2020, 12:04 AM
Master

Sounds like she was special to you.

I have heard certain foods are not good for joints, and things like arthritis.

I've got a few kinds of meds that I can't take either. Good to see you around dream jo. How's your garden?
Old 18-08-2020, 07:28 AM
Master

I have been diagnosed with coeliac disease. I can eat anything provided it is gluten free. Gluten is in just about everything. I have to only eat gluten free food. I can only eat gluten free bread, pasta, sauces, ice cream, cereals, cakes etc. I can eat corn without any problems. I cannot have wheat, barley, rye and oats. I cannot have take away food as it has gluten. Restaurants have gluten free meals but I cannot have it as most restaurants the gluten free meals are contaminated with gluten.