Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 15-01-2018, 06:40 PM
Suspended
Post Before the internet.

What are your thoughts on what the internet is? Does it seem like a spiritual "thing" to you? To me it just is fascinating. Technology of this sort, in regards to music, like iPod's mp3 players..is just fascinating for some reason, as silly as it sounds lol. Like, do you ever wonder how its possible that were able to talk to people all over the planet with it? Or how with the push of a button on your computer or phone you can hear another person singing (music)? It almost seems like magic. Although maybe if I were to research how it works it might not be as such. I know my life would be totally different without the invention of the internet. I'd be listening to annoying mainstream pop music on the radio, and I'd have never learned of twin flames and I would have never met my twin flame, which in itself changed my whole world. It almost feels like the internet is a world of its own. I feel some type of energy related to it, something mysterious, like creation itself. I'm probably over-thinking this, but it's interesting haha.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but does anyone ever wonder about this stuff too?
Old 15-01-2018, 08:03 PM
boshy b. good

The Web might be used for human
agreement as to say What humans
might agree about

We are all just human

Online all sorts - go on, I think
That's better. Got new at that.
Let me explain, I believe god's
Got us

But that's just a alrighty reply,
right?
Old 15-01-2018, 08:12 PM
Experiencer
My life would be so much better without the internet. I wish it would've never been invented.
Old 15-01-2018, 09:42 PM
Badcopyinc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahriman
My life would be so much better without the internet. I wish it would've never been invented.

i often think this.

then i realize i wouldn't have progressed as much as did this past year.
read plenty of gold on this site alone. minus the countless books I've acquired via internet.

last and most importantly the people I've connected with on here. I don't think i would have met One soul connection in particular that sparked enormous growth in myself without this site or internet in general.
Old 16-01-2018, 09:52 PM
Master

It is easy to forget what life was like before the internet (for those of us beyond a certain age). If we wanted information on something we had to go to the library or hunt round bookshops trying to find books on the subject. If we wanted particular products we had to try to find somewhere that sold these products. If we wanted to learn something in particular we had to hunt around for available courses. The options were so limited. Now it is all available at the push of a button. Wonderful.

On a deeper level, I see the internet as an exteriorisation of the collective human mind, in all its aspects from the highest to the lowest. As human beings we seek to create outward expressions of our internal states. Just as our intuition gives us immediate direct knowledge about something, so the internet is an external manifestation of this inner ability. I see the internet as a step forward in human evolution, despite all its flaws.

Peace.
Old 17-01-2018, 04:58 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
What are your thoughts on what the internet is? Does it seem like a spiritual "thing" to you? To me it just is fascinating. Technology of this sort, in regards to music, like iPod's mp3 players..is just fascinating for some reason, as silly as it sounds lol. Like, do you ever wonder how its possible that were able to talk to people all over the planet with it? Or how with the push of a button on your computer or phone you can hear another person singing (music)? It almost seems like magic. Although maybe if I were to research how it works it might not be as such. I know my life would be totally different without the invention of the internet. I'd be listening to annoying mainstream pop music on the radio, and I'd have never learned of twin flames and I would have never met my twin flame, which in itself changed my whole world. It almost feels like the internet is a world of its own. I feel some type of energy related to it, something mysterious, like creation itself. I'm probably over-thinking this, but it's interesting haha.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but does anyone ever wonder about this stuff too?

Elysium, my thoughts are nearly identical...! Lol...met my twin flame 48 years ago but didn't know it until I found about TFs on the internet 10 years ago...!

And yep...I've got a feeling that the internet can help in a coming together on a consciousness level (I kinda sense that we're headed for the next step in evolution, where our consciousness will be much, much more stronger and evident but it may take a couple hundred years. Until then, the internet can also be abused...as, sadly, it is now...but it must be kept free and open. Yet, I feel that even if we didn't have the internet it will happen anyway...no way to stop it). Have you checked into what many physicists are finding in quantum physics?

Namste...!
Old 17-01-2018, 04:55 PM
Experiencer

Perhaps the internet is the physical manifestation of some mysteries about the spiritual world.

If I were to try to explain the spiritual world to a robot or someone without an understanding of spiritual qualities, I would, without question, use the concept of the internet.

I mean, think of how each of these phrases can be used in the spiritual:
"instant messaging"
"reset"
"search"
"world wide web"
"inter-net"
"send"
"scan"

I think they have some overlaps. I think ideally, the computer/internet is a metaphor-like storyline for some things that we experience in the spiritual realm. Spiritual insights, telepathy, purpose, and even curiosity are some concepts that resonate on both internet and spiritual dimension.
Old 17-01-2018, 05:56 PM
boshy b. good

Quote:
Originally Posted by aimtobe
Perhaps the internet is the physical manifestation of some mysteries about the spiritual world.

If I were to try to explain the spiritual world to a robot or someone without an understanding
of spiritual qualities, I would, without question, use the concept of the internet.

I mean, think of how each of these phrases can be used in the spiritual:
"instant messaging"
"reset"
"search"
"world wide web"
"inter-net"
"send"
"scan"

I think they have some overlaps. I think ideally, the computer/internet is a metaphor-like
storyline for some things that we experience in the spiritual realm. Spiritual insights,
telepathy, purpose, and even curiosity are some concepts that resonate on both internet
and spiritual dimension.
Welcome to newer site!
Old 20-01-2018, 06:59 AM
Master
The internet is a microcosm of human society, with all its, good, great, bad, and ugly.
It seems to me that we develop technology much quicker than we develop our own selves;
we develop the outside world, or outside life, much faster than we do our own intrinsic lives.

So whatever we humans develop, no matter how great, will only be as good as we humans
are mature enough to use it. I believe that eventually machines will take over the world because
they are being developed faster and smarter than we are mature enough to use them.

Texting while driving and talking on the phone while crossing the street have already taken many
lives and is an example of our lack of maturity when it comes to technology; not to mention internet
bullying, scams, the 2016 American election being influenced by a foreign power, etc., etc., etc.
Old 22-01-2018, 09:17 AM
Deactivated Account
The internet, for me, is a tool.

Neither good nor bad on itself.

Depending on how it is used it can be very helpful. How much easier is it to contact people who are living hundreds or even thousands of miles away nowadays with email and even skype available. You can communicate with people from all over the world. Without the internet, there would be no spiritual forums either.

On the other hand, it can become an addiction and thus keep people from going outside and meeting others they COULD meet face-to-face.
"Our social network was outside." I like this saying. I still remember the time when there were no mobile phones or internet.

It is like with any other tool: the internet should be handled with care.