Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Crystals & Gemstones

Old 18-02-2018, 11:08 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you. I just purchased one online. It's 2 inch in size and more orangey and light pass through like yours. It does cost quite a bomb not to mention shipping but i dont mind though. Hopefully the transaction goes through. I have such weird carnelian journey so far though none has been on my hand. Finger-crossed that i will get this piece that i desire.

I live in asia, hard to get good crystals which is normally triple the price i see online.
Old 18-02-2018, 11:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrandedSnowMonkey
Glastonbury has some great shops! :)

I would like to get some more larger pieces ~ bought two from one shop and gave one away.
I once had the opportunity to buy a carnelian heart, carnelian from India. Top quality, semi transparent orange and absolutely gorgeous. Price was good, but still a lot for me so I didn't buy it. Regretted it ever since
The one I got now is a Madagascar carnelian, not transparent, orange and brown. The type I needed when I bought it back in 2010. It works slightly different from the orange variety from India. This one has more grounding and also works on the root chakra.
Oddly enough there's a face and outline of a woman in it, formed by white -I assume calcite. I hadn't seen that myself, someone else pointed it out. Kind of peculiar as I bought it to aid with sexuality and my femininity and it turns out I chose a piece with a woman depicted on/in it without even knowing it.
Since some 3 days I'm holding it a lot again, for the first time in approx 6 years.
Old 18-02-2018, 11:53 PM
Newbie ;)

Angel1

FairyCrystal, seems like a lovely piece you have. I feel that carnelian gives me that sweet goosebumps and chills whenever i see it online. Over the years.. kept looking for the one and i think i found myself one. Haa..goosebumps again even talking about it.
Old 19-02-2018, 09:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow white
Thank you. I just purchased one online. It's 2 inch in size and more orangey and light pass through like yours. It does cost quite a bomb not to mention shipping but i dont mind though. Hopefully the transaction goes through. I have such weird carnelian journey so far though none has been on my hand. Finger-crossed that i will get this piece that i desire.

I live in asia, hard to get good crystals which is normally triple the price i see online.

I hope that it arrives safely :)
Old 19-02-2018, 09:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I once had the opportunity to buy a carnelian heart, carnelian from India. Top quality, semi transparent orange and absolutely gorgeous. Price was good, but still a lot for me so I didn't buy it. Regretted it ever since
The one I got now is a Madagascar carnelian, not transparent, orange and brown. The type I needed when I bought it back in 2010. It works slightly different from the orange variety from India. This one has more grounding and also works on the root chakra.
Oddly enough there's a face and outline of a woman in it, formed by white -I assume calcite. I hadn't seen that myself, someone else pointed it out. Kind of peculiar as I bought it to aid with sexuality and my femininity and it turns out I chose a piece with a woman depicted on/in it without even knowing it.
Since some 3 days I'm holding it a lot again, for the first time in approx 6 years.

I haven't come across any hearts yet. When the local shop got some larger pieces in I could only buy two ~ here's the one I kept:

Did you see Lora's palmstone? Here it is:

It would be nice to have a pendant ~ I did wire wrap one but I would prefer sterling silver. There were some nice Aragonite and Carnelian ones...
Old 20-02-2018, 01:56 PM
Master
I've never seen a heart like that anymore either. It was gorgeous! Not banded, no inclusions. Some 12-15 cms diameter.

The one I got now is more like this (this is not mine, I don't like posting photos of my own crystals).

And has an opening at one side like this one has too:

I got a little carnelian heart, about 3 cms diameter, that is 'normal', so not the darker Madagascar variety. But for some reason I love this darker carnelian. Kind of funny cos when I first came across it I thought it was a most horrible looking stone, haha. Then, some 4 months later, I suddenly found myself desperately wanting -and needing- one.
Old 20-02-2018, 04:13 PM
Seeker
Carnelian is one of my FAVES!! Makes me happy & warm just to look at it. Helpful motivator for my when I need to push through something when worn down.
Old 20-02-2018, 09:58 PM
Newbie ;)

I guess my search for carnelian continues. Anyways, what do you thinks caved druzy type..is it not fragile physically.

FairyCrystal, that piece is huge.
Old 21-02-2018, 02:54 AM
Newbie ;)

Is it safe to wear vintage crystal jewelry that has been worn by others before? I read that some dont recommend sharing crystals with others. Please share your thoughts and experience
Old 21-02-2018, 01:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FairyCrystal
I've never seen a heart like that anymore either. It was gorgeous! Not banded, no inclusions. Some 12-15 cms diameter.

The one I got now is more like this (this is not mine, I don't like posting photos of my own crystals).

And has an opening at one side like this one has too:

I got a little carnelian heart, about 3 cms diameter, that is 'normal', so not the darker Madagascar variety. But for some reason I love this darker carnelian. Kind of funny cos when I first came across it I thought it was a most horrible looking stone, haha. Then, some 4 months later, I suddenly found myself desperately wanting -and needing- one.

That is a large piece! Mine is only 135 grams :)

The one that I gave away was a little darker in places. Perhaps they were both from Madagascar...

... I'm waiting for a banded agate pebble from Madagascar to turn up at the moment. Carnelian has a wonderful energy ~ it's on page 123 in the 'Book of Stones.'