Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 08-04-2015, 06:50 PM
Master

Vegan diet best for planet

My uncle is getting smarter, Uncle Sam, that is.

http://thehill.com/regulation/237767...c_location=ufi
Old 08-04-2015, 07:44 PM
Master

And best for everyone!

Great post, dear Kris.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 13-04-2015, 10:55 AM
Master
On Tuesday, Rep. Vicky Hartzler (R-Mo.) and 70 House Republicans sent a letter to HHS and USDA urging the final dietary guidelines to be based on sound nutritional science and adhere to the charter authorized by Congress. In the letter, the lawmakers said they believe the advisory committee “greatly exceeded their scope in developing the recommendations for the secretaries of USDA and HHS. It is the responsibility of the secretaries to ensure that this advisory committee stay focused on nutritional recommendations and not the wider policy realm of sustainability and tax policy, in which members of this committee had neither expertise, evidence, nor charter,” they wrote.

So not Uncle Sam in fact, just a few radical members of the advisory committee... who were immediately stomped down and put in their place by "Uncle Sam."
Old 13-04-2015, 04:25 PM
Everly

Addressing sustainability is radical?
Old 22-04-2015, 03:50 PM
Master

Celebrate Earth Day. Watch Cowspiracy for only $1.00!!!!! for one week. Also, you can gift it to someone right on the website. HAPPY EARTH DAY!! Here is the link to watch it. https://cowspiracy.vhx.tv/buy
Old 11-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Master

http://www.truthordrought.com/#!Jerr...f2df2eae41f1b7
Old 12-06-2015, 07:18 AM
Knower

I'm curious as to why would anyone say vegan diet is best on the planet and best for everyone if that is simply not true.
It does work on some people, but it does not work on everyone... Nor does it work on most people...

I would suggest you speak only for yourself and only for those that you personally actually do know... For example, you do not know me... Nor the other 6+ billion people...
Plus, I have not given you permission to speak on behalf of me. Saying best on the planet and best for everyone means you are also speaking on behalf of me, without my permission. This is highly disrespectful...

Not eating animals would destroy my health and body, would make it impossible for me to do anything physically demanding, would make it impossible for me to think rationally and deeply, and would make it impossible for me to have a life in general. This is simple proof that vegan diet is not best for everyone.

To prove false a claim all you need is one example that exists and goes counter to it.
Old 12-06-2015, 09:52 AM
Ascender
The idea of going on a vegan diet sounds okay with me but I'm not dedicated enough when it comes to food.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:39 PM
Master

Another great post, dear Kris.

This from a 12 year old girl ....

http://www.vegetariantimes.com/artic...at-based-diet/

And this ... (Factor into all of this the fact that we're heading to a global population of 10 billion - 40% more people than now - by 2050 or so.)

http://www.peta.org/issues/animals-u...t-environment/

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 12-06-2015, 03:46 PM
Everly

Quote:
Originally Posted by nummi
I'm curious as to why would anyone say vegan diet is best on the planet and best for everyone if that is simply not true.
It does work on some people, but it does not work on everyone... Nor does it work on most people...

What was posted was that it was best FOR the planet.

But I don't understand why you say "it does not work on everyone... Nor does it work on most people.."

Quote:
I would suggest you speak only for yourself and only for those that you personally actually do know... For example, you do not know me... Nor the other 6+ billion people...
Plus, I have not given you permission to speak on behalf of me. Saying best on the planet and best for everyone means you are also speaking on behalf of me, without my permission. This is highly disrespectful...

Wow. You've really misunderstood the post, as well as veganism, and run with it. You seem angry and that's puzzling.

Quote:
Not eating animals would destroy my health and body, would make it impossible for me to do anything physically demanding, would make it impossible for me to think rationally and deeply, and would make it impossible for me to have a life in general. This is simple proof that vegan diet is not best for everyone.

To prove false a claim all you need is one example that exists and goes counter to it.

What is it about veganism being good for the planet that upsets you? And how does eating other sentient beings benefit your health?

And just so you know... Anecdotes are not evidence or proof. Empirical evidence is necessary for proof, not anecdotal stories.