Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 28-02-2018, 07:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
You are making the assumption that God is a 'concept'.

I could use any term: idea, name, notion ...

There is no need for linguistic judo - my points are still valid even to a believer of Crom such as yourself

Africa had no Jesus before the missionaries, if Christianity is "da whey" is every African pre-missionary dammed?

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 28-02-2018, 07:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
I could use any term: idea, name, notion ...

There is no need for linguistic judo - my points are still valid even to a believer of Crom such as yourself

Africa had no Jesus before the missionaries, if Christianity is "da whey" is every African pre-missionary dammed?
Of course you could use any term, idea, notion or idiom to describe 'God', but it doesn't represent it beyond a mental abstract.

God is a 'mental concept', Shiva is a 'mental concept'....Crom is a 'mental concept'....Brahman/Absolute/Source/Oneness...all are just ideas in the mind until experientially realised.

Africa had no 'Jesus' before the missionaries and they introduced the concept OF a Jesus to the missionaries...but hey, Jesus was only the SON of God, right? another mental concept.

What I am talking about here is total transcendence...and that's an experience that the mind cannot even quantify into words...and yet, many African Shamans would know about it.

So, the Christians believe a soul will 'go to Hell' if they are not a Christian...but that is only a Christian belief and if you weren't a Christian and didn't believe it, will you still go to Hell? according to a Christian you would, but hey...if you're not a Christian, what then? and so, it becomes a belief-based 'reality' which has nothing to do with anybody who doesn't believe it.
Old 28-02-2018, 08:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Of course you could use any term, idea, notion or idiom to describe 'God', but it doesn't represent it beyond a mental abstract.

God is a 'mental concept', Shiva is a 'mental concept'....Crom is a 'mental concept'....Brahman/Absolute/Source/Oneness...all are just ideas in the mind until experientially realised.

Africa had no 'Jesus' before the missionaries and they introduced the concept OF a Jesus to the missionaries...but hey, Jesus was only the SON of God, right? another mental concept.

What I am talking about here is total transcendence...and that's an experience that the mind cannot even quantify into words...and yet, many African Shamans would know about it.

So, the Christians believe a soul will 'go to Hell' if they are not a Christian...but that is only a Christian belief and if you weren't a Christian and didn't believe it, will you still go to Hell? according to a Christian you would, but hey...if you're not a Christian, what then? and so, it becomes a belief-based 'reality' which has nothing to do with anybody who doesn't believe it.

I thought you didn't have internet

We totally agree - a person can choose to use the pre made labels for God & the universe given by mainstream religion if they so choose but they will miss out on other possibilities that may very well hold answers as well.

The very first humanoid to flinch at lightening probably ascribed it to some kind of higher power - the notion of "a power bigger than me" has always been within us.

Is it justified or is it simply part of our fight or flight instincts?

Thats for the individual to decide alone - and not a weapon to beat others over the head with or use to feel a sense of superiority over others.

The one world religion that the OP suggests is quite dangerous as there is no option for individuality.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 28-02-2018, 08:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
I thought you didn't have internet

We totally agree - a person can choose to use the pre made labels for God & the universe given by mainstream religion if they so choose but they will miss out on other possibilities that may very well hold answers as well.

The very first humanoid to flinch at lightening probably ascribed it to some kind of higher power - the notion of "a power bigger than me" has always been within us.

Is it justified or is it simply part of our fight or flight instincts?

Thats for the individual to decide alone - and not a weapon to beat others over the head with or use to feel a sense of superiority over others.
After months of using the PCs at the library twice a week for an hour or so each time, I decided to bite the bullet, blow the budget and finally put some credit on my pre-paid modem.
Old 28-02-2018, 10:43 AM
Experiencer

I think most reading this would agree....we are all FORMS or MANIFESTATIONS of God, but we are not God specifically.

Edit: To put it another way - we are PART of God.
Old 23-09-2018, 07:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Then surely that is the greatest gesture of Interfaith. If everyone is accepted as God and accepts themselves as God then we would have a one world religion, and a one world spirituality.

If we are all gods..... comes from Psalms 82:6. ("I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.')

Jesus quoted this scripture in John 10:34 (Jesus replied, "Is it not written in your Law: 'I have said you are gods'?)

The puzzling part is the Hebrew word for god (אֱלֹהִ֣ים) which just happens to be the same Hebrew word for God in the first creation account in the Bible (Genesis 1:1 - 2:3.
Old 24-09-2018, 11:54 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
If we are all gods..... comes from Psalms 82:6. ("I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.')

Jesus quoted this scripture in John 10:34 (Jesus replied, "Is it not written in your Law: 'I have said you are gods'?)

The puzzling part is the Hebrew word for god (אֱלֹהִ֣ים) which just happens to be the same Hebrew word for God in the first creation account in the Bible (Genesis 1:1 - 2:3.

What is puzzling?
Old 27-09-2018, 07:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
What is puzzling?
What I find to be MOST puzzling, is that the Hebrew word for God, is Elohim...which consists of a masculine pronoun combined with a feminine attribute.

The literal translation of Elohim, means "the Shining Ones" and this word corresponds to the Devas or the Devikas of Hindu mythology...

I took a wild ride on that tangent just the other day...

Just by the by...I don't know much about Judaism whatsoever...I am a Shaivite Hindu...However, I became aware that you have a feast/festival known as Shiva...and Shiva means "seven" in Hebrew..

I found this out a while ago, when I stumbled across a book in a bookstore...

https://www.amazon.com/Every-Day-Ble...dp/9655240770#

I thought to myself..."oh wow, I am getting a message here" until I realised it had nothing whatsoever to do with the Hindu God, but could equally apply nonetheless...that was quite amusing for me.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RabbiO
What is puzzling?

If we are all gods..... comes from Psalms 82:6. ("I said, 'You are "gods"; you are all sons of the Most High.') The Hebrew word used here for gods is transliterated as Elohim.

Jesus quoted this scripture in John 10:34 (Jesus replied, "Is it not written in your Law: 'I have said you are gods'?) So was Jesus referring to Elohim?

In Exodus 3:14 where it speaks of "I AM that I AM", in Hebrew that God mentioned is transliterated as Elohim.
Old 01-10-2018, 02:03 AM
Master
Quote:
What I find to be MOST puzzling, is that the Hebrew word for God, is Elohim...which consists of a masculine pronoun combined with a feminine attribute.

The literal translation of Elohim, means "the Shining Ones" and this word corresponds to the Devas or the Devikas of Hindu mythology...

I took a wild ride on that tangent just the other day...

Just by the by...I don't know much about Judaism whatsoever...I am a Shaivite Hindu...However, I became aware that you have a feast/festival known as Shiva...and Shiva means "seven" in Hebrew..

I found this out a while ago, when I stumbled across a book in a bookstore...

https://www.amazon.com/Every-Day-Ble...dp/9655240770#

I thought to myself..."oh wow, I am getting a message here" until I realised it had nothing whatsoever to do with the Hindu God, but could equally apply nonetheless...that was quite amusing for me.

There are other Hebrew names that get translated into English as God.
Elohim is used in the first creation account (Genesis !:1 to Genesis 2:3).

In the next verse, Genesis 2:4 Yahweh is introduced.