Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Poetry

Closed Thread

Old 14-11-2006, 06:55 AM
iLLER T

Lightbulb Everyone Needs To Read This...

Whether you respond or not, is up to you... but this is absolutly beautiful. It's every thought I've had through my soul search... one right after the other.

Normally I would just post the text, but the webpage makes it that much better.

It's called The Awakening by Sonny Carroll. Has anyone read this before?

http://www.sapphyr.net/largegems/theawakening.htm
Old 14-11-2006, 10:04 AM
Enlightener

Ok

Thanks Iller T, I was actually just in the middle of a personal dilemma in which I was feeling slightly unfulfilled and worried about my need to be accepted in the world, this peice of writing really soothed that feeling, I thank you for posting it at just the right time, it was probably meant to be this way, and not meaning to discredit you but just stating a fact: I brought these words to myself, I created them for just this moment in my life. I'm just showing an example of how the world works and how we are able to create that which we seek. Though you were the messenger and I will give praise where praise is due, for without you deciding to post this, I would still be in turmoil.

"And, you stop maneuvering through life merely as a "consumer" hungry for your next fix, a new dress, another pair of shoes or looks of approval and admiration from family, friends or even strangers who pass by. Then you discover that "it is truly in giving that we receive [1] and that the joy and abundance you seek grows out of the giving. And you recognize the importance of "creating" & "contributing" rather than "obtaining" & "accumulating."

I like that, it really stops you in your superficial tracks and opens your eyes to the real and true, in this life.

Love and Light,
Enlightener
Old 14-11-2006, 02:01 PM
cweiters

Beautiful

This is so beautiful iller T, I made a choice to let the spirit within me, be the driver of my life so far so good. The fullfillment is awesome.......

Love
cw
Old 14-11-2006, 03:15 PM
kundalini

Thanks for posting this iLLER T, it was most interesting.

Kundalini.
Old 14-11-2006, 11:40 PM
iLLER T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightener
Thanks Iller T, I was actually just in the middle of a personal dilemma in which I was feeling slightly unfulfilled and worried about my need to be accepted in the world, this peice of writing really soothed that feeling, I thank you for posting it at just the right time, it was probably meant to be this way, and not meaning to discredit you but just stating a fact: I brought these words to myself, I created them for just this moment in my life. I'm just showing an example of how the world works and how we are able to create that which we seek. Though you were the messenger and I will give praise where praise is due, for without you deciding to post this, I would still be in turmoil.

"And, you stop maneuvering through life merely as a "consumer" hungry for your next fix, a new dress, another pair of shoes or looks of approval and admiration from family, friends or even strangers who pass by. Then you discover that "it is truly in giving that we receive [1] and that the joy and abundance you seek grows out of the giving. And you recognize the importance of "creating" & "contributing" rather than "obtaining" & "accumulating."

I like that, it really stops you in your superficial tracks and opens your eyes to the real and true, in this life.

Love and Light,
Enlightener

What amazes me is the fact that that piece you chose to quote, is one of the ones that stood out to me the most. It was definatly a long poem, but all the words were so simple. Which is really what it's all about. Glad to be able to connect through those eye opening words, Enlightener. No feeling of discreditment (not even a word, but I couldn't think of what words to use here!) here, btw. My friend Robert is the one that brought me to those words... he simply opened my eyes to how easy it is to just truly accept and love myself... I went to my normal seach site (metacrawler) right after I felt the light, and simply typed in "I love myself"... that poem is where I ended up. I'm truly happy that I was able to bring you to these words. Hope everything has fallen back into place for you, as it sounds like it did.
Closed Thread