Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 28-08-2018, 02:52 AM
Newbie ;)

I suck at following my intuition!!!!!!!!! Help!

I am a Manifesting Generator (in human design astrology). You don't have to know what that means, it's just something that hugely resonates with me, and my personal star chart identified my strengths and weaknesses and how I am supposed to live my life and make decisions, and basically what it comes down to is people like me are supposed to make decisions intuitively.

We tend to be very indecisive! We might take a really long time to make very simple decisions, and we are supposed to discard our often times hectic emotional state, and instead focus on our gut response.

I'm having a really difficult time learning how to do that. They say, you should be able to feel your intuition physically in your body, most people literally feel it in their gut. I just don't.

And I think I made the mistake of following my emotions, instead of m intuition.

For example, I tested my intuition out on this certain event that happened recently. I have been trying to find my birth dad, and bought a dna test for a woman who claimed she thought my birth dad was her son. It turns out she's not my grandmother, but I thought my intuition was telling me she was.

I felt such a strong feeling about it while waiting, that I was so certain she would turn out to be my grandmother! What I felt was this really intense feeling, almost similar to excitement, sort of had butterflies in my stomach. I also felt a lot of worry. I tried to connect to my higher self and asked it if he was my birth dad and I thought I received a YES in response. I felt really positive about it, but there were a few times I felt worried about disappointing her. When I looked at pictures of her son I felt some really strong intense feelings, which I obviously mistakenly believed to be a connection. I felt like something "big" was going to happen too, like I was going to get answers.

To be fair to my intuition though lol, when I looked at the man she said would be my grandfather I immediately felt this feeling like NO that's not him.... And everytime she talked about how French he was, everything in my body was just like, I don't think that's him... But still, every time I thought of her or her son, my body was like, lit up with fire, I just felt so "connected" to them that I was so certain it was them.

Also what is REALLY strange and made me beleive it was him, was on this forum I had asked for a psychic to help me contact my birth father. And someone on here did, and the things she told me were so bang on, basically she described him to a T, right down to his age, his appearance, his family life and his death, plus she accurately predicted that I would be getting answers soon, and the very next day is when this woman contacted me about this guy possibly being my birth dad.

So. I honestly believe the psychic here tapped into something real for sure, and maybe also why I felt such a strong connection to him, is that he is related to me and he is dead, so maybe he was trying to give me a message or something?

But obviously I mistook all of these signs and feelings I felt, and now I'm really discouraged, feeling like I can't trust my feelings.

Obviously I'm still learning what my intuition is, and I'm just not sure what went on! Because even though he's not my birth dad, even the psychic picked up on him, and they are still related to me quite closely, just not THAT closely, so maybe the reason I was feeling so intensely towards them was because I sensed that close relation to them?

Just so confused...

Anyways, if anyone has any tips on how to follow intuition / gut response, please let me know.
Old 28-08-2018, 08:56 AM
Master
Start with small "unimportant" things for practice. Like picking out food at a grocery store. Don't think about it just do it. When you see a type of food. Potatoe chips for example you have 10 different flavors to choose from and if you find yourself debating on what flavor stop thinking about it and just grab one. Your very first response is your gut feeling.
Old 28-08-2018, 09:26 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Hey SpiritualLobster!
I hope everything is allright with you and thank you for your post.

My interpretation of your story is that you have a deep desire to know who your father is. This is very understandable and I higly encourage you to continuously search for him if you feel this will make you more at peace.

If you want to follow your intuition and let this be your guidance, you can't let yourself get too attached. I think that you have too much emotions from your childhood that is blocking your clarity.

I would not recomend following your intuition when it comes about finding your father. Instead let these emotions that you have take it place and release them.

My advice to you is to meditate on the microcosmic orbit and the inner smile ( from the tao ) this will clear up any blocking energies that is at the moment clouding your judgement and will clear all insecurities.

If you find yourself in a simular situation, just ask yourself is this realy true or am I making myself believe its true because i want it to be.
Old 29-08-2018, 10:51 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugia123
Hey SpiritualLobster!
I hope everything is allright with you and thank you for your post.

My interpretation of your story is that you have a deep desire to know who your father is. This is very understandable and I higly encourage you to continuously search for him if you feel this will make you more at peace.

If you want to follow your intuition and let this be your guidance, you can't let yourself get too attached. I think that you have too much emotions from your childhood that is blocking your clarity.

I would not recomend following your intuition when it comes about finding your father. Instead let these emotions that you have take it place and release them.

My advice to you is to meditate on the microcosmic orbit and the inner smile ( from the tao ) this will clear up any blocking energies that is at the moment clouding your judgement and will clear all insecurities.

If you find yourself in a simular situation, just ask yourself is this really true or am I making myself believe its true because i want it to be.

Thanks I'll check out those meditations. Yeah I think what it comes down to is I had too many emotions clouding my judgement.

And maybe I also did feel a connection to them, but misread it.

I hate to think I can't use my intuition on large important matters.
There's another issue that's close to me, that i want answers to, but that I'm afraid to hear the answers to.
Old 29-08-2018, 11:14 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Start with small "unimportant" things for practice. Like picking out food at a grocery store. Don't think about it just do it. When you see a type of food. Potatoe chips for example you have 10 different flavors to choose from and if you find yourself debating on what flavor stop thinking about it and just grab one. Your very first response is your gut feeling.

Isn't than an impulse? So, gut response is the same as an impulse?

If so, that would make it a whole lot easier because I always get "impulses" I just never act on them. And how do you know if your impulse is a good thing? Like, what if it makes you do something bad?

I thought people say "being impulsive" is a bad thing. But that's essentially the same thing as being intuitive?

Well, either way, I always have difficulties making small unimportant decisions like that.

If I go to a store to pick out some chips, I usually already know what kind of chips I want, but then I see millions of other options and so I start analyzing them all, plus I always doubt what I want, because it's not so healthy, so then I ask my higher self if I really want to be eating unhealthy or not, and then I'm opening a whole new can of worms because then I get into health debates with myself, because on one side, I think it's healthy to enjoy some unhealthy things in moderation, on the other side, I don't want to eat badly at all.

But recently, I went to a gas station impulsively, and I bought some sour candies impulsively. I don't even know why, because I never eat candies, don't even like them... nor have cravings for sugar ever, but I really enjoyed eating them that night. I felt like that might have been a mistake lol but I wonder if maybe my body needed that or something.

Because there was this time where I had a craving for reece's peanut butter ice cream when I never crave ice cream, so I just went along with it, and later found out my body was needing some nutrients that only peanut butter could give me. So maybe I should have just eaten peanut butter lol but my body still knew what i needed, when I had no clue. So ever since I sort of try to just go along with cravings, because in my case they often turn out to be that I need something that I'm craving, even if what i'm craving might come in unhealthy forms sometimes. Besides, it's not like I eat unhealthy that often.
Old 29-08-2018, 12:45 PM
Master
You have the right idea, as with anything else you need to use common sense. If you have an impulse to buy something really costly and you know you can't afford it, then you probably don't want to. Here's something that happened to me a few days ago. I went to a busy gas station I normally go to. There's always people around it and I have a bad habit of leaving my vehicle running when I go in. Well I saw someone standing outside witch was normal. All of a sudden I had a strong inpulse to turn my vehicle off take my keys and lock the door. At that moment I didn't even see what the person looked like. As I went into the gas station the guy told me some sad story about his wife an kid and asked me for money. I told him I had no cash and walked into the store. After I walked in he did the same with and older person and followed them into the store badgering her for money. She gave him money an he left. When you get impulses like that you really want to listen to them!
Old 29-08-2018, 01:28 PM
Master
I am really wondering, what is human design astrology?
Old 01-09-2018, 04:55 AM
Experiencer

ACIM says, 'Ask the Holy Spirit to choose for you, and it is done.'

Just say to God, your Higher Self, the Holy Spirit, or even your divine nature, 'Please make this choice for me,' or, 'Help me to make the right choice,' or, 'Help me to choose wisely,' 'Help me to do what's right for me.'

They WILL answer your prayer.

You can also pray at the beginning of each day something like, 'Help me to make only good choices today.'
Old 02-09-2018, 03:42 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
I am really wondering, what is human design astrology?

It's an in depth report based on your star chart, like other astrology readings, but way more in depth and focused on how you should live your life and make career decisions.
I found my report was super accurate, it described me perfectly and helped me figure out how I'm supposed to tackle decision making and what my life purpose is and what career(s) i should focus on.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:43 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by happy soul
ACIM says, 'Ask the Holy Spirit to choose for you, and it is done.'

Just say to God, your Higher Self, the Holy Spirit, or even your divine nature, 'Please make this choice for me,' or, 'Help me to make the right choice,' or, 'Help me to choose wisely,' 'Help me to do what's right for me.'

They WILL answer your prayer.

You can also pray at the beginning of each day something like, 'Help me to make only good choices today.'

It just never seems to work for me, maybe im hopeless lol