Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 14-04-2018, 04:06 PM
Suspended

Path of Becoming Nothing

I myself feel this is what all paths are really about it's just all this other human ego stuff gets wrapped up in it all.

Easy to do, impossible to explain.

It's form is kind of in Lennon's song imagine.....

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us, only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

Then this little story kind of hints at it....

Once a boy missed church to watch the sunrise. Afterwards he prayed to God for forgiveness. God answered him saying, "It's ok it was I that made the sunrise, I don't know who built that church."

There's nothing to become, only something to be. Or in Yoda's Zen words,

Luke: All right, I'll give it a try.
Yoda: No. Try not. Do… or do not. There is no try.

I'd take out the , "do or do not part" There literally is no trying on this path, no doing as that requires a doer. Just be, don't project a self..be selfless.

Giving up becoming changes what you are. The ending of effort changes what you are. Letting go of your opinions, beliefs, and expectations, changes what you are.
Old 14-04-2018, 05:10 PM
Master
I like that story - never heard it before.

I'd liken it to being naked - spiritually naked.

If you were to go outside without the conditioning of shame or etiquette. To accept yourself as you are.
You also accept that it might be warm or cold & that you are vulnerable - yet there would be a strength & a confidence in being able to walk out into the world naked.

You were born naked - so is it a strength to be so again or is it throwing away everything else that the world decided to teach you about itself?

~

It isn't the same as being overconfident or sure of yourself & I find that often those who preach a belief system feel sure that they have found either the answer or at least the pathway towards it.

So much so that they don't believe that they could ever get lost.

Others seem to believe that they have the map in their hands & that whilst they are not "there" yet - they are on the right track.

~

There is no path.

There is no map.

There is only the way that things are that underneath all of the emotion & thought clothing put upon you by the world - you are still the spiritually naked being.

That isn't to say that the things that we utilise during our time on earth aren't necessary - they are.

We can learn about life & the way of the world.
We can learn hard realities within the context of the Earth lives that we live.
We can navigate relationships & hardships that are part of this world & our Earthly life. Hopefully bringing the little piece of heaven that we carry with us into the system that surrounds us here.

We are looking out of our eyes as a passenger stares out of a train or bus on a long journey.

The passenger does not identify themselves as the vehicle that they travel in.

It's a simple & complicated paradox.

On the one hand we are part of this world & it encompasses everything that we relate to, on the other we should realise that jobs, teams, families & belief are an experience - an interpretation of our roles in humanity.

We are the universe & beyond, experiencing this form at this time.

Somewhere within we already know better - we are just conditioned by the laws of the world.

~

We are all essentially being asked what we can do with the tools that we have been handed.

Often times the tools don't suit the job & I believe thats the point - the solutions, the way around the impossible task.

You've been handed a mallet & asked to serve strawberries ....

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 14-04-2018, 05:25 PM
Master
Maybe a more accurate thread title would be "Path of Unbecoming Something."

Or.....unbecoming nothing. Even to become nothing is still to become something. You can cling to nothing as you can to something.

Okay, okay, enough word play. I'm going to go out now and do something. Then later on do nothing. But i guess even doing nothing is doing something.

Okay, okay enough word play
Why waste the day
When the weather feels like late May
The cherry blossoms are almost on display
Time to enjoy the sun ray
Old 14-04-2018, 05:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
Maybe a more accurate thread title would be "Path of Unbecoming Something."

There is alot of word play & riddles out there in spiritual conversation.

If you are, then you simply are. There is nothing to become unless you have strayed from your original state.

As soon as you realise that the was an original state then .. your back there.

You can still life your Earth life, but when the boss says "ah these numbers aren't where they should be" it's kind of like thinking "numbers are just that, they are an invention & your only my boss within this office".

The boss might see himself as having achieved something but ultimately does he realise that he's not the boss at all?

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 15-04-2018, 08:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain95
I myself feel this is what all paths are really about it's just all this other human ego stuff gets wrapped up in it all.

Easy to do, impossible to explain.

It's form is kind of in Lennon's song imagine.....

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us, only sky
Imagine all the people living for today
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people living life in peace

Then this little story kind of hints at it....

Once a boy missed church to watch the sunrise. Afterwards he prayed to God for forgiveness. God answered him saying, "It's ok it was I that made the sunrise, I don't know who built that church."

There's nothing to become, only something to be. Or in Yoda's Zen words,

Luke: All right, I'll give it a try.
Yoda: No. Try not. Do… or do not. There is no try.

I'd take out the , "do or do not part" There literally is no trying on this path, no doing as that requires a doer. Just be, don't project a self..be selfless.

Giving up becoming changes what you are. The ending of effort changes what you are. Letting go of your opinions, beliefs, and expectations, changes what you are.

What do you mean Rain by ' becoming nothing ' ?.
Old 15-04-2018, 09:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
What do you mean Rain by ' becoming nothing ' ?.

Do you not see it within the opening post?

Or perhaps in my own working class explanation?

Your only going to have Rain repeat what is already there for the taking ..

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 15-04-2018, 11:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
Do you not see it within the opening post?

Or perhaps in my own working class explanation?

Your only going to have Rain repeat what is already there for the taking ..

It's not a word I am familiar with, mybe it's my working class brain that stops me from seeing it. No I did not see it that is why I asked.
I am familiar with ' Emptiness ' but not ' Nothingness '.
Old 15-04-2018, 11:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
It's not a word I am familiar with, mybe it's my working class brain that stops me from seeing it. No I did not see it that is why I asked.
I am familiar with ' Emptiness ' but not ' Nothingness '.

What is nothing?

It's not anything; no single thing..

Emptiness insinuates something is missing, nothing is being without label in this context.

It's as I attempted to explain - being spiritually naked.

Letting go of your opinions, beliefs, and expectations changes what you are as Rain said. Don't be tied down by them - be prepared for the potential for an alternative.

There is nothing stopping a Muslim eating something other than halal meat other than the boundaries of Islam.

There is nothing stopping a Jehovah's Witness saving a life via blood transfusion other than doctrine.

The belief or doctrine of philosophy isn't YOU.

~

If you are fluid, able to adapt & understand change, not commit to an opinion forever then you are essentially nothing.

Your part of the flowing universe, a drop that is a part of the ocean.

We scoop out the ocean & call it a bucket of water but it's still really the ocean, contained within a created structure just like us as humans & our beliefs.

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 15-04-2018, 12:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raziel
What is nothing?

It's not anything; no single thing..

Emptiness insinuates something is missing, nothing is being without label in this context.

It's as I attempted to explain - being spiritually naked.

Letting go of your opinions, beliefs, and expectations changes what you are as Rain said. Don't be tied down by them - be prepared for the potential for an alternative.

There is nothing stopping a Muslim eating something other than halal meat other than the boundaries of Islam.

There is nothing stopping a Jehovah's Witness saving a life via blood transfusion other than doctrine.

The belief or doctrine of philosophy isn't YOU.

~

If you are fluid, able to adapt & understand change, not commit to an opinion forever then you are essentially nothing.

Your part of the flowing universe, a drop that is a part of the ocean.

We scoop out the ocean & call it a bucket of water but it's still really the ocean, contained within a created structure just like us as humans & our beliefs.

Emptiness ( Sunyata ) is what I was referring to, rather than something is missing.

' Letting go of your opinions, beliefs, and expectations changes what you are '

You are not them anyway so what does it change..... the way you look at things I suppose.
Old 15-04-2018, 09:34 PM
Master
Okay, so here is another play on words. The word "nothing" literally means "No-Thing"
and we are not things, rather we are one with the whole of all. So becoming nothing
might just be giving up the illusion, or delusion, that we are something, as "something"
also refers to things.

As human beings we fracture the oneness of being into many parts and place labels on
each part that we see in our fractured perspective. We call these parts "things" when it
is my truith that they are but various states of being of the one being; just as human beings are.