Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 20-02-2018, 09:09 PM
Knower

What is enlightenment - the way to God

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5nzZEOm2YE
Old 20-02-2018, 09:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitiananda

Buddha became ' Enlightened ' Buddhist don't believe in God....
Old 20-02-2018, 09:54 PM
Knower

In Buddhism, there is no concept of a single God. The gods in Buddhism are a huge number. All beings above the level of the world of the Asuras are considered Gods.
Old 21-02-2018, 08:50 AM
Master
Buddhism underwent a total reformation in the 12th century...about the same time that Buddha sorta 'became' an avatar of Lord Vishnu, to bring the religion of Buddhism back within the 'Hindu fold' to appeal to the totally uneducated and illiterate masses of the time.

In the contemporary Buddhist catechism, there is "no God" and "no Self" as it was pretty much the desire of Buddhists to bring the philosophy of Buddhism under the auspices of Advaita Vedanta which was also gaining notoriety around the same time to popularise it...and perhaps as a 'backlash' to all those gung-ho Vaishnavites who sought to place the preceptor of an atheist philosophy under the auspices OF a Hindu deity.

*reading the Akashic Records is fun...but I digress*

Before the reformation of Buddhist thought, those in Nepal and Tibet worshiped tribal deities...they worshiped Tutelary Deities or "Gods" and the most prevalent and significant of these, were the Hindu God(desses) Mahakaal (Bhairava) which is the 'terrible form' of Lord Shiva and also Dakini (Tara, Lolita) as being the 'Red Dakini" or Bhuvaneshwari which resides in the Muladhara Chakra...riding her Elephant or existing alongside Ganesha under the vibration of the bija "LAM".

So, when Buddhism came to Tibet, the populace was told "you can keep your beliefs, but also integrate ours" thus Vajrayana was born...along with Buddhist Tantra.

In the local dialect, the letter "B" is interchangeable with "V" and the suffix of "ava" became synonymous with "achana" and so, Bhairava became the "Adi Buddha" known as Vairochana...it's all quite long and convoluted.

Please compare the images of Kala Bhairava (Hinduism) with Maha Kala Bernagchen (Buddhism)...and for some reason, Google won't let me post images anymore...which sucks. lol
Old 14-07-2018, 01:53 PM
Smile

Found this today ...thought this group might like it:

Enlightenment means literally aligning to the Energy of my Source.
And genius is only about focusing.
Law of Attraction takes care of everything else.
Physical humans often want to make enlightenment about finding some process and
moving through the process that has been pre-described.
But true enlightenment is moving to the rhythm of the internal inspiration that is coming
in response to the individual desire.

Enlightenment is about allowing my connection to the Source that is me for the fulfillment of the things
that I have individually defined here in my time/space reality.

That’s as good as it gets!

-Abraham-Hicks

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 16-07-2018, 03:36 PM
Master

The enlightened one acts on the basis of the Self or pure consciousness and not on the basis of desires in the form of cravings and aversions which brings about the ego or false self, personalised thoughts and emotions blindly identified with, and consequent suffering.

Egocentric actions taken on the basis of raag-dvesh ( cravings-aversions) create vasanas or unconscious impressions in the mind which perpetuate compulsively such thoughts, emotions and actions again and again habitually like the grooves in a record. Addictions are similarly very strong vasanas or impressions in the unconscious. One may resolve to break these addictions but the sheer pressure of the unconscious impressions will force him or her to continue with the addictive activities compulsively.

Vasanas in Hinduism are called sankaras in Buddhism. Awareness, total love and spiritual exercises eliminate thse vasanas which create habitual thinking and actions, and the total elimination of them results in enlightenment.

For the samsari or unenlightened person, thought associated with the past psychological memories of pleasure and pain create desires in the form of cravings and aversions , which in turn stimulates personalised thoughts and emotions one identifies with blindly, leading to psychological drama which may have nothing to do with existential reality. All conflicts arise from the personal psychological self which is false in nature and characterised by conditioned likes and dislikes.

Awareness or total love depersonalises these thoughts and emotions and renders them harmless, stripping them of their emotivity and reactivity.

The enlightened one or Stithaprajna is thus in a state of awareness or pure consciousness, content with the moment, deconditioned and not living in the past or future through emotionally charged thoughts.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon
Old 16-07-2018, 05:28 PM
Master
Maybe the words of the great KS master Abhinavagupta will help.

Quote:
"The question is thus appropriate because contentment (enlightenment) is not possible without a conscious realization. Contentment is of two kinds. The first is effected by means of absorption (samavesa) and consists of magical powers. The second is attained by reaching a condition of conscious heart-felt realization, and it is the state of being liberated while still alive."

I would also agree that the Buddha mentioned many times about various Gods and divine beings.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:52 AM
Master
Namaste

I was watching some random Youtube videos last night, just following the recommendations...and I saw one "Instant Enlightenment" by Papaji.

I don't know if I became "enlightened" but all I know is I couldn't stop laughing for hours. Enjoy.
https://youtu.be/vnsmOXD4iE8

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 03-09-2018, 06:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Namaste

I was watching some random Youtube videos last night, just following the recommendations...and I saw one "Instant Enlightenment" by Papaji.

I don't know if I became "enlightened" but all I know is I couldn't stop laughing for hours. Enjoy.
https://youtu.be/vnsmOXD4iE8

Aum Namah Shivaya

Watch all Puppetji ' Teachings ' Shiv but not while your drinking or eating, I nearly choked laughing.
Old 04-09-2018, 01:56 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Found this today ...thought this group might like it:

Enlightenment means literally aligning to the Energy of my Source.
And genius is only about focusing.
Law of Attraction takes care of everything else.
Physical humans often want to make enlightenment about finding some process and
moving through the process that has been pre-described.
But true enlightenment is moving to the rhythm of the internal inspiration that is coming
in response to the individual desire.

Enlightenment is about allowing my connection to the Source that is me for the fulfillment of the things
that I have individually defined here in my time/space reality.

That’s as good as it gets!

-Abraham-Hicks

he is speaking from the story. if its about how you want the story then that has nothing to do with it. it simply has to do with becoming one with the source. the merging of shakti and shiva. that fullfillment quenches the desires. which is in opposition of making the story how one wishes it to be. either that gentleman is miles away from what folks like yogananda and the rest are speaking about. or im completely comfused on what he is saying. which is entirely possible.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4