Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 11-08-2017, 11:10 PM
Pathfinder

Can't sleep unless I think of my TF

My TF is a "runner" and I've been fed up lately. Usually right before I fall asleep I think of my TF and also anytime I wake up in the middle of the night, and I sleep great. But lately, since I've been disappointed in him not contacting me, I've been trying my best not to think of him, especially before bed or in the middle of the night. But EVERY time I try to not think of him and try to forget about him, I hardly sleep at all and wake up multiple times throughout the night. Why is this?
Old 12-08-2017, 10:20 AM
Pathfinder

oh I remember that feeling...hard isn't it. realise that these feelings have arised for a reason, it may take time to process though. he's 'ran' so that you can both do the individual work on yourselves. I highly recommend researching 'codependency', it's a great stepping stone in figuring out why it hurts so much.
Old 12-08-2017, 10:33 AM
Master
I agree, read up on co-dependency and work on it.
Also, the more you try not to think about something, the more you are attracting it in your vibration. Like trying to not think about the elephant in the room. All you can think of is that wretched elephant in the room.
You may want to look up some clips on YouTube by Abraham Hicks on relationships and love of self and so on. He/she has great advice on how to deal with this sort of thing. Very uplifting and helpful.
What comes to mind immediately of what he/she says is, "you're trying to make them too big a part of your life (which then causes pain and so on)" and "The only relationship that really matters is the one between you and you."
That's not to diminish or knock your feelings, but to give you a somewhat different perspective. But I'm not Abraham, I cannot explain it as well, so really, look it up and listen to some of those wonderful clips!
Old 12-08-2017, 11:46 PM
Knower

A. Hicks would never use the term 'codependency' or think in those 'psychology' terms. (I didn't mean that to sound rude. ha.)
Old 13-08-2017, 03:30 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenYourEyes
My TF is a "runner" and I've been fed up lately. Usually right before I fall asleep I think of my TF and also anytime I wake up in the middle of the night, and I sleep great. But lately, since I've been disappointed in him not contacting me, I've been trying my best not to think of him, especially before bed or in the middle of the night. But EVERY time I try to not think of him and try to forget about him, I hardly sleep at all and wake up multiple times throughout the night. Why is this?

It sounds as if it was comforting and made you happy to feel him close while falling asleep. These feelings of having him close helped you have a peaceful sleep. Struggling to not think of something takes a lot of concentration and energy, so engaging in this activity will just keep you awake.

To now sleep peacefully without thinking of him you can try to think of something else that gives you comfort or makes you feel safe and happy. Try not to make it another person. Make it an activity or a feeling, a feeling of joy or peace, make it an image of the sky, waterfalls, or fields of daffodils that will keep your mind occupied and happy and away from him and at peace. If he comes to mind don't freak out about it. Just direct your attention back to those beautiful waterfalls and blue sky(anything that makes you feel happy and at peace).
Old 13-08-2017, 08:19 AM
Pathfinder

nah Abraham hicks wouldn't use psychology in that regard...I recommend looking into lisa romano for codependency. it's also important not to cancel psychology out when healing and to just look at the spiritual perspective, it's easy to do that but psychology comes into all this too.
Old 13-08-2017, 11:46 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenYourEyes

Though is a way to be closer without physicality

People often find it hard to sleep when their spouses are out of town for example

The thought of them probably has a calming effect on your nervous system or something ^^ maybe?