Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 14-07-2017, 01:42 AM
Experiencer

Affirmations to help with Schizophrenia

I've made a couple of long winded affirmations to help deal with Schizophrenia and it works wonderfully. But this is while I am on meds. I'm going through a med change and there is a possibilty I could become psychotic. A rather strong chance actually. I cant wait because I wish to test it out in a psychotic break and see how well it works. I'm writing a book on Schizophrenia and how to handle it and Affirmations is a part of that.
Old 15-07-2017, 02:52 AM
Newbie ;)

hi, i would take the new med's and do positive thinking affirmations.
Old 31-07-2017, 10:37 PM
Master
I AM is the best affirmation that I know to help deal with psychotic symptoms.

Psychosis comes from a split in the psyche IMO and the self is crying out for integrity.

I AM offers such integrity.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 01-08-2017, 10:39 PM
Experiencer

Saying I AM doesnt reallly help unless I AM means and or represents a certain Idea.
Old 04-08-2017, 10:28 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi Tirisilex

How have you been since your med change? I am in a similar boat & recently took myself off all my medicines.

I know how powerful psychosis is & rational thought & reasoning just isn't as easy as it sounds.

Just remember you are strong, if you weren't you wouldn't be on the path you are on.
Old 05-08-2017, 12:04 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Sorry for your predicament.

I assume you know that "I don't have schizophrenia" isn't a valid affirmation. Negatives are perceived by subconscious as their opposites.
Old 05-08-2017, 01:06 PM
Seeker
I think it's absolutely fabulous that you are writing your book!! Definitely has Not been a lot of information out there on this subject that comes right from the "horses's mouth" as it were.

Just wanted to suggest a quick read on a different take about mental illness (of most any kind) I have seen more than my share of Cracker Factories ( mental hospitals) although my diagnosis is different.

It's in Expanded Consciousness ( can't post links ...yet )
"What a Shaman sees in a Mental Hospital" dated 2014/06/26
It's very interesting (to me anyway lol ) and while it may not speak to You it might offer some thoughts for the book?

Blessings on Your Journey!
Old 07-08-2017, 05:00 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole69
Hi Tirisilex

How have you been since your med change? I am in a similar boat & recently took myself off all my medicines.

I know how powerful psychosis is & rational thought & reasoning just isn't as easy as it sounds.

Just remember you are strong, if you weren't you wouldn't be on the path you are on.

My Doctor has raised me up on the clinical dose of the new med and she is gonna start tapering me off the old med next week.. So In about 2 or 3 weeks, I will have a full med switch and I have no idea how well this will go.. I'm kind of hoping it doesn't go well Because I want to see how well my methods work for a full blown episode.
Old 14-08-2017, 11:04 AM
Master
I find physical activities that force focus like lifting weights or cardio/ yoga are great once you get going - have you ever considered this as a focus whilst changing the meds instead of everything being focused on mind - let the meds do their thing as you and your physical body do something that you can track improvement in?

Abs or biceps or a skinny butt are there in the mirror to show that you can alter if you need too ;-)
Old 15-08-2017, 11:27 PM
Experiencer

Yeah I have considered physical activities like washing the dishes and meditational walks.. I'm not much of a person who works out though.. I should probably change that.