Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 15-05-2017, 12:57 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokazulu
If you don't give yourself or others labels, you won't be harmed by anything anyone says about you.

I don't care about what people say about me. It's just that attacking vegans is as SJW's is manipulative and is intended to discredit us by making us look like overly emotional babies. It's a highly dishonest way to avoid taking responsibility for their own decisions.
Old 15-05-2017, 02:28 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
It's just that attacking vegans is as SJW's is manipulative and is intended to discredit us by making us look like overly emotional babies. It's a highly dishonest way to avoid taking responsibility for their own decisions.

So what. If someone says your green shirt is stupid and you look down and you are wearing a blue shirt, do you get mad?

Quote:
I don't care about what people say about me.

Wait a minute, you already get it! Nevermind the first part of my post.
Old 15-05-2017, 02:46 PM
Master
SJW and all such terms are unconscious society's last-gasp desperate effort at maintaining the decaying and soon-to-be-dead status-quo consciousness of the past many centuries. There's an old dog down my road that used to bark at me every time I walked by. You know how I got it to stop? By laughing and loving it. Now it sees me and quietly walks up to me; wants a pet. Poor thing can barely walk now because it's so old. That's the future folks, that's the soul mission: loving these things unto their death. A death which is inevitable, because humanity's collective, conscious, holistic future cannot be prevented or stopped.
Old 15-05-2017, 03:16 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokazulu
So what. If someone says your green shirt is stupid and you look down and you are wearing a blue shirt, do you get mad?

Wait a minute, you already get it! Nevermind the first part of my post.

I should rephrase my original statement. I don't care what people say about me personally with regards to this issue because I care more about animals not suffering. But having said that, I suspect it's nearly impossible to not be affected by what others say even if it's only on a subtle level. Also I don't believe it's the words which people say, so much as the intent behind the words.
Old 15-05-2017, 03:28 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
SJW and all such terms are unconscious society's last-gasp desperate effort at maintaining the decaying and soon-to-be-dead status-quo consciousness of the past many centuries.

I don't think that is so much the case. I agree with the desire for change, but I see how much of the SJW's are pushing for radical change. I think if we have learned anything from our past, we know where that leads.
Old 15-05-2017, 03:35 PM
Master
Quote:
But having said that, I suspect it's nearly impossible to not be affected by what others say even if it's only on a subtle level.
It is very possible.
Quote:
Also I don't believe it's the words that people say that hurt, so much as the intent behind the words.
1. A dog barks at me. 2. I laugh and love. The real and actual degree of hurt involved depends entirely on whether I focus on #1 or #2. Likewise the relevance of your "intent" argument. If I only concern myself with responding in a loving way -- that which I am responsible for -- that puts a quick end to any "intent" concerns and worries.
Old 15-05-2017, 03:41 PM
Master
Quote:
SJW's are pushing for radical change
Thus the push-back in the form of animosity towards SWJ attitudes and behaviors. If I went around blasting a trumpet in people's ears, I'd expect them to get upset and yell.

Now if I instead lived my life simply and quietly, and went about my business changing my own world, without pushing or critiquing others' reality... Whole different response from people.
Old 15-05-2017, 03:58 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Thus the push-back in the form of animosity towards SWJ attitudes and behaviors. If I went around blasting a trumpet in people's ears, I'd expect them to get upset and yell.

Now if I instead lived my life simply and quietly, and went about my business changing my own world, without pushing or critiquing others' reality... Whole different response from people.

I think what separates this issue is the push back at veganism is not based on anything rational. They completely reject vegan arguments without making a valid counter argument, and they do it by trying to make us look like we're a bunch of lunatics. Instead of just admitting they contribute to suffering they are opposed to, they go on the attack against vegans as a group. Vegans of all people! We are very small group and we don't bite all that much.
Old 15-05-2017, 04:04 PM
Ascender
Quote:
It is very possible.1. A dog barks at me. 2. I laugh and love. The real and actual degree of hurt involved depends entirely on whether I focus on #1 or #2. Likewise the relevance of your "intent" argument. If I only concern myself with responding in a loving way -- that which I am responsible for -- that puts a quick end to any "intent" concerns and worries.

75% of the time I agree. Responding a loving way really does work, but occasionally, I find it more efficient to be a "you know what". Sometimes you just have to crack the whip (figuratively) to get results.
Old 15-05-2017, 04:15 PM
Master
Quote:
I think what separates this issue is the push back at veganism is not based on anything rational. They completely reject vegan arguments without making a valid counter argument, and they do it by trying to make us look like we're a bunch of lunatics.
It's human nature. People defend their reality to crazy extremes when they feel threatened. Here's an argument-example I'm familiar with: start an anti-smoking thread, then watch it disintegrate as people post their comments on how it's spiritually more important to do what you like to do, than it is to consider the health consequences. Heck, one person even told me that smoking is a sign the person is deeply intuitive and artistic.