Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 22-01-2018, 11:08 AM
Master
Its far from magical. There's more negative things about it then positive. Its become a virtual world because of it. Think about all the people sitting in front of there computer, posting on social media, and on u tube. If the same amount of people were out feeling the earth paying attention to things that really makes us one with ourselves things would be a lot different. Even a few hrs away from technology you could feel your soul start to heal. Even holding a book in your hand or doing something creative with your own hands everything starts coming together. Think of all the things you missed staring at a screen. The stars, clouds, or even that cute old couple working together to do a simple task. There's a lot more to life the Internet.
Old 22-01-2018, 11:26 AM
Deactivated Account
People probably were thinking the same about the printing press. Or any invention.

We are responsible on how to use modern technologies, each single one of us is.

They can be either a blessing or a curse... or both.

It all depends on how we are using them.
Old 22-01-2018, 11:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerOfKnowledge
People probably were thinking the same about the printing press. Or any invention.

We are responsible on how to use modern technologies, each single one of us is.

They can be either a blessing or a curse... or both.

It all depends on how we are using them.
like nuclear power.
Old 22-01-2018, 12:08 PM
Deactivated Account
Maybe not exactly like nuclear power, but like a knife. Or like writing, which can be used to contain knowledge or to spread lies.
Old 28-01-2018, 01:21 AM
Master
Its all good in moderation. During my twenties i would rarely use the net. I could understand the addiction. Its easy to get caught up in all the drama, entertainment, distractions. You can more easily establish an identity online and become very attached to that when on forums or social media. I only have internet on my desktop computer and prefer to keep it that way. When i'm out or traveling, the internet stays at home.
Old 29-01-2018, 07:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
What are your thoughts on what the internet is? Does it seem like a spiritual "thing" to you? To me it just is fascinating. Technology of this sort, in regards to music, like iPod's mp3 players..is just fascinating for some reason, as silly as it sounds lol. Like, do you ever wonder how its possible that were able to talk to people all over the planet with it? Or how with the push of a button on your computer or phone you can hear another person singing (music)? It almost seems like magic. Although maybe if I were to research how it works it might not be as such. I know my life would be totally different without the invention of the internet. I'd be listening to annoying mainstream pop music on the radio, and I'd have never learned of twin flames and I would have never met my twin flame, which in itself changed my whole world. It almost feels like the internet is a world of its own. I feel some type of energy related to it, something mysterious, like creation itself. I'm probably over-thinking this, but it's interesting haha.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but does anyone ever wonder about this stuff too?

Everything is spiritual. We are spiritual beings living through the body, not as the body.
Old 29-01-2018, 01:18 PM
Master

I have a degree in CS and basically the internet is a bunch of computers called servers that send out information to people. So if you want to see a website on your computer or phone, you request the information by typing in the web address and server sends back the information to your phone and you see the website. You can even use your home computer as a server, and put information on it, like a website, and other people will access it. Mostly though, people pay to put their websites on servers from a company.

It's pretty amazing that we can have so much valuable information available. Sometimes it can be hard to sift through all of it because alot of it isn't that helpful, but I think if the universe leads, you can find life changing stuff.
Old 31-01-2018, 01:16 AM
Kioma

To me, the internet is the neural network through which humanity is coming to meet and know itself.

Some of the things we love, some of the things horrify us, and there is everything in between. All of this has always been with us, but only now are we becoming aware of them.

The pain happens as we admit the truth, and let go of our comfortable old lies.
Old 31-01-2018, 05:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
What are your thoughts on what the internet is? Does it seem like a spiritual "thing" to you? To me it just is fascinating. Technology of this sort, in regards to music, like iPod's mp3 players..is just fascinating for some reason, as silly as it sounds lol. Like, do you ever wonder how its possible that were able to talk to people all over the planet with it? Or how with the push of a button on your computer or phone you can hear another person singing (music)? It almost seems like magic. Although maybe if I were to research how it works it might not be as such. I know my life would be totally different without the invention of the internet. I'd be listening to annoying mainstream pop music on the radio, and I'd have never learned of twin flames and I would have never met my twin flame, which in itself changed my whole world. It almost feels like the internet is a world of its own. I feel some type of energy related to it, something mysterious, like creation itself. I'm probably over-thinking this, but it's interesting haha.

I don't know where I'm going with this, but does anyone ever wonder about this stuff too?
I love it too for all the reasons you mention and it makes my job so much more productive. I'll just add that included in that is my iPhone, of which I am typing on. What a godsend this thing is! Throw in Alexa and life just gets better lol.
I love the commercial where the guy asks Alexa how many sticks of butter in a cup and then exclaims "totally worth it" lol

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 31-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
It is easy to forget what life was like before the internet (for those of us beyond a certain age). If we wanted information on something we had to go to the library or hunt round bookshops trying to find books on the subject. If we wanted particular products we had to try to find somewhere that sold these products. If we wanted to learn something in particular we had to hunt around for available courses. The options were so limited. Now it is all available at the push of a button. Wonderful.

On a deeper level, I see the internet as an exteriorisation of the collective human mind, in all its aspects from the highest to the lowest. As human beings we seek to create outward expressions of our internal states. Just as our intuition gives us immediate direct knowledge about something, so the internet is an external manifestation of this inner ability. I see the internet as a step forward in human evolution, despite all its flaws.

Peace.

Couldn't have said it better, and its become a learning process since that realization came thru loud and clear.

Remember Compuserve/Prodigy/AOL as the main internet services, the first photo you could see online was when AOL showed Peter Jennings and it took 15 minutes for the page to load. How excited everyone would get for modem kb upgrades and new phone #'s to connect to. It really is interesting to think back of how quickly it changed.
“Once you realize that the road is the goal and that you are always on the road, not to reach a goal, but to enjoy its beauty and its wisdom, life ceases to be a task and becomes natural and simple, in itself an ecstasy.”
― Nisargadatta Maharaj