Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 30-12-2013, 02:17 AM
Experiencer
Thank each one of you for your comments. This gives me some things to work on.

"When the student is ready the teacher appears" quote origin The Buddha or Mabel Collins
Old 30-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebbie
WhiteWarrior, Knowing who I want to be is a huge issue. Somewhere along the way I lost my sense of self while trying to please others and be who they want me to be. Like peeling away the layers of an onion, I know I must peel away the layers of all the junk, to see me.

Very well, let's try it in another way then. What are your ideals? What do you care about? Who do you admire?
Old 30-12-2013, 02:11 PM
Master
Jebbie, where you come from doesn't have to dictate where you end up. the fact that you are here asking for guidance speaks volumes. you already see those negative patterns for what they are. you have a choice. we all slip from time to time, don't kick yourself! you will do better. you are exactly where you need to be right now. you are exactly who you need to be right now. there is a book I recently read called "Journey to the heart" by Melanie Beatty. I think you should look it up-it has a lot of helpful perspective. I'm sending you well wishes! :)
Old 30-12-2013, 02:25 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Very well, let's try it in another way then. What are your ideals? What do you care about? Who do you admire?

Thank you WhiteWarrior. I'm pondering these questions. There are many answers that come to mind. I'm sitting here thinking about what I believe, who influenced those beliefs, and all the things I care about. The questions you asked are very helpful.

"When the student is ready the teacher appears" quote origin The Buddha or Mabel Collins
Old 30-12-2013, 02:29 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12meadows
Jebbie, where you come from doesn't have to dictate where you end up. the fact that you are here asking for guidance speaks volumes. you already see those negative patterns for what they are. you have a choice. we all slip from time to time, don't kick yourself! you will do better. you are exactly where you need to be right now. you are exactly who you need to be right now. there is a book I recently read called "Journey to the heart" by Melanie Beatty. I think you should look it up-it has a lot of helpful perspective. I'm sending you well wishes! :)

Thank you so much 12meadows. I need those well wishes and encouraging words. I love Melanie Beatty's work, I'll look for that book.

Old 15-01-2014, 01:39 PM
Lori37

what if some of us on this journey are not meant to have a strong sense of self or who we are. We are all just trying to process it all. Some people seem to have it all in the bag because that's what was written for their journey. People like myself are always second guessing doubting which road to take.it can be scary but that's the purpose. get use to the unknown .be brave and march on. Insecurities are normal but once you accept it as a part of your life lesson they wont seem to bear such a heavy weight on you anymore .don't fear your feelings embrace them.you are who you are meant to be
Old 15-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Master
that could not have been better said Lori37 :)
Old 15-01-2014, 03:34 PM
Tati Tati

Find something you are (and believe you are)
really good at and focus on that...
master that...
and start gaining confidence...
start seeing yourself you have the capacity ,
the ability to do it.

It doesn't have to be anything big and recognized by public ...
it has to be something really worthy and big for you !

This will be your way to get in touch
with the power of yourself
which is now repressed
by the negative belief systems in your mind.

Another way of using positive affirmations ,
which i always suggest to everyone
is creating your own
and then record them
and listen to them everytime you feel like to.
Be creative and think of what you would love to hear
from another person for you :)

You can ask yourself questions
like you did here with us and write your own answer.
This will activate
your inner wisdom
and intuition and strength.
Old 26-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Yaoughta

Jebbie,

Everything you see and experience in life is made of energy, including you. IT gives off a vibration and identifying frequency. You have great power in that you can change your particular vibrational frequency whenever you so choose to do so to whatever you wish to change it to. You do this by your thoughts and you beliefs. It's really as simple as that. If you believe good things will happen, then good things will happen. Likewise, if you believe bad things will happen then bad things will happen.

Right now, you have a particular energy signature based on your thoughts and beliefs that shapes and molds everything you experience in life. You CAN change this, but it does take time. The KEY is CONSISTENCY! You must be consistent with your thoughts and words.

Try giving yourself a "power" word that will bring your awareness back to where you wish it to be whenever it isn't. For example, you wish for more joy in your life. Whenever you find yourself thinking negative thoughts or someone is trying to rain on your parade, just picture the word joy in your mind or joyful and picture yourself feeling joyful. Say it over and over again in your mind and it will bring your state of mind back to a positive state and a more joyful one. Overtime, the more you do this, it will become your state of being, your vibration and frequency and life will change as you know it.

Good luck!
Old 28-01-2014, 04:07 AM
aryannatimothy

Do not let yourself down because of what other people think of you. Remember hat failure is normal and if you can turn this into a positive thing- failure can be your stepping stone to success. Try to use your failures and other negative comments from others as learning and challenge that you can do better and you are better than what they think of you. :)