Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 29-12-2013, 04:22 PM
Experiencer
Rewriting negative self image

There have been people in my life that did not believe in me. What those people said about me became etched in my head. Now I find it hard to believe in myself or my abilities. I'm more optimistic and positive to others, while being mostly pessimistic when it comes to myself. Many times when I want to try something, I replay a lot of the negative junk that has been said to me in my head. I hate to admit it but most of it is stuff my mother has said.

When I make mistakes or fail at something I have difficulty getting past those issues. As the new year dawns, I want my life to move in a more positive, hope-filled direction. I've tried positive affirmations, chakra work, meditation, and other things. These things have worked at times but, I find it hard to remain consistent and usually fall back into my old negative though patterns. I haven't given up on myself, so I am asking the insight of others. Positive self change is my goal for 2014.

Thanks for any advice or insight.

"When the student is ready the teacher appears" quote origin The Buddha or Mabel Collins
Old 29-12-2013, 05:00 PM
billweatherford

HI HONEY,THERE IS ALSO ANOTHER BOOK THAT SAYS WHEN THE TEACHER IS READY THE STUDENT WILL APEAR
Old 29-12-2013, 05:03 PM
Master

I have one question for you jebbie. Who do you WANT to be?
Old 29-12-2013, 05:04 PM
billweatherford

I HAVE BEEN IN A A FOR ALONG TIME AND WE ARE TOUGHT THAT OUR MAIN PROBLEMS STEM FROM US.I WAS LOOKING FOR SELF ASTEAM IN ALL THE WRONG PLACES,IN OTHER PEOPLE AND THERE APP OF ME,INSTED OF GETTING IT FROM GOD
Old 29-12-2013, 05:07 PM
billweatherford

A MISTAKE IS JUST A MISTAKE,BUT IF WE KEEP DOING IT OVER AND OVER ITS NOT A MISTAKE,YOUR LOOKING FOR THE ANSWEAR IN THE WRONG PLACE,ITS NOT OTHER PEOPLE
Old 29-12-2013, 05:11 PM
billweatherford

IN THE FIFTH STEP IN A A,IT SAYS ADMIT THE EXACT NATURE OF OUR WRONGS,IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE HAVEING A HARD TIME KNOWING WHAT THAT IS,IF YOU WOULD LIKE KNOW LET ME KNOW
Old 29-12-2013, 11:36 PM
Feathers

I have found that acceptance of me is the most positive thing I can do for myself. Acceptance means allowing yourself to not be perfect .and letting you just be you. We are all perfectly imperfect....in our own way When I hear a negative in my head I try to counter it with a positive.....but I really believe that acceptance of ourselves as we are in human form and knowing you are exactly where you are suppose to be and who you are suppose to be...is the best way to look at yourself. Take care, Feathers
Old 30-12-2013, 02:10 AM
Experiencer
WhiteWarrior, Knowing who I want to be is a huge issue. Somewhere along the way I lost my sense of self while trying to please others and be who they want me to be. Like peeling away the layers of an onion, I know I must peel away the layers of all the junk, to see me.

"When the student is ready the teacher appears" quote origin The Buddha or Mabel Collins
Old 30-12-2013, 02:14 AM
Experiencer
Billweatherford, I agree. I'm familiar with the twelve steps and I believe that my problems stem from me not taking a hard enough look at myself. Looking at my part, instead of blaming those close to me is something that I am working on.

Old 30-12-2013, 02:16 AM
Experiencer
Feathers, it is funny I have often wondered if a perfectionist who is afraid to try lives deep within me.