Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > ESP & Telepathy

Old 22-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritIgnited
I have only had two experiences in which the telepathic exchange (accidental) involved actual words. I'm no expert, but within the realm of my experience it ranges from a sense of who the person is, their life experience, emotional states and/or a sense of just knowing without any words.

Any idea why some of the experiences involve actual words and others involve feelings or senses?

According to the experiences of the 3 of you, I've apparently been telepathic my whole life, then. Cool. It's interesting, though, how varied the experiences can be!
Old 22-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanalei
Any idea why some of the experiences involve actual words and others involve feelings or senses?

According to the experiences of the 3 of you, I've apparently been telepathic my whole life, then. Cool. It's interesting, though, how varied the experiences can be!

Hi,

The way in which we can detect a telepathy experience can vary quite a bit. So some times there are words and some times not.

It is my understanding and experience that we are all telepathic. The degree of conscious awareness about the information coming to us and being sent out to others from us is really the issue.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 23-04-2014, 02:27 AM
SpiritIgnited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanalei

To echo John, I believe we all possess varying degrees of telepathy and we are aware of it to varying degrees as well. I think you can become conscious of your pre-existing telepathic tendencies and then expand them.

To answer your question about my experiences, I'm not entire certain about why. From what I recall I was in a good mood, just enjoying being present without any particular focus and I heard a co-worker mentally singing their favorite song. The other occurrence involved a similar state of being on my part, and the other person was in a heightened state of anxiety. To me, both of them were in states that joined emotional energy to their thoughts, increasing the energy investment of their thoughts, or "boosting" their signal if you prefer to think of it that way. That's conjecture, but the best I can figure.
Old 25-04-2014, 01:02 AM
Experiencer

This isn't so much about telepathy specifically, but just... psychic powers in general, I guess: When the average person discovers they have these talents or skills or whatever, do they tend to just show up when they're ready, when the person is healthy, and you just wake up one morning with a new skill, that kind of thing? Or does the person generally need to decide they want to learn this or that skill and then work at it with that intention?
Old 25-04-2014, 12:25 PM
Master
Yes, in my view, they need to Work with that Intent.

There is the saying that what we 'seek we will find'. So it can be denial or awakening. Apply these words either way, no matter. It is the energy in the heart that creates results.

John

Old 25-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Experiencer

People who were "just born with" any psychic types of skills, is it likely that as a kid they were never told that "superpowers" weren't real?
Old 25-04-2014, 05:20 PM
Master
It seems that the unknown and the unknowable are frightening. The word "superpowers" implies that it is unavailable to the masses. That in itself would seem quite unfair to many. Another reason to dislike the likelihood skills even exist.

Many of us suppress our skills to fit in with society. Most of us do not like upsetting family and friends.

Old 25-04-2014, 06:06 PM
Experiencer

"Superpowers" for lack of a better word coming to mind at the moment.