Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination

Old 17-04-2014, 03:36 PM
dped88

Looking for suggestions!!!

Hello!

I have had my spiritual awakening about a year ago. I had been put through the ringer with some tough life experiences and have came out on top of them a better person for it. I have renewed my interest in divination, but I don't know where to begin my studies. If anyone has had a good experience with any material or sources, I would love to talk :)

Interest in palm reading and numerology.

Namaste!
Old 20-04-2014, 05:57 PM
Phantasmic Fox

Palm reading is easy to learn. Matching sources on the internet will give you a basic idea of how to read palms. Divination requires a focused and open mind, or else you risk false readings. With focus and a will to learn, you will master any form of divination you take on over time. As you get better, the knowledge will be second nature to you and you won't have the need to question yourself or others.

My personal favourite form is tarot cards, and probably they are the most popular as well as pendulums. numerology is actually not a form of divination. Divination by numbers is called arithmancy. Numerology is the study of numbers and their meanings. So numerology is like your reference in doing arithmancy. I also use, in my daily life, smoke, water, dirt, dice, the appearance of animals and sequences of numbers, stones, dreams, birds, fire, shadows, and even my own body (how it feels or appears day to day). You will find the most success in using whatever resonates with you, or feel drawn to. You can use basically anything at hand. A bundle of sticks thrown before you will answer any question you need answered. The trick is knowing how to read what you see, and trusting your intuition (what you feel) over your ego (what you think, or want the answer to be).
Old 21-04-2014, 08:50 PM
bitternight

I taught myself Numerology a long time ago from a website by a guy named Michael McClain. - If you type in astrology numerology in the search bar of google it's the first one that pops up. ( I'm not allowed to post links) My major interests lie in numerology and astrology. I'd love to have someone to discuss things with.
Old 23-04-2014, 01:58 AM
dped88

Thanks for the suggestions guys :) I'll look into it and let you know what I come up with!
Old 23-04-2014, 12:59 PM
Guide
dped88,
I was lucky to find Your Days are Numbered A manual of numerology for everyone by Florence Campbell. But before you run right out to buy any books, might I suggest a trip to your local library first? They just might have the one you are looking for. Another thing I do if I am going to buy, is go and check it out at the store before purchasing it, to make sure I am going to understand it.
Old 30-04-2014, 04:54 PM
Norse_Angel

Runes, in my own opinion, are one of the most powerful gateways into the world of divination. These ancient symbols emit their own energy, and in my opinion, have a mind of their own. Runes are derived from an ancient language spoken in Scandinavian counties called elder Futhark (Foo-th-ark) and were used not only for their divination purposes, but magic as well. The runes have changed my life around and I'd say, they are why I'm still breathing today.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:15 PM
Seeker

I frequently use a dowsing crystal and many angel & fairy oracle cards.

I also have tarot cards but I feel the the oracle cards are an easier way to give yourself a reading rather than tarot cards.

Doreen Virtue does a vast range of Oracle cards so I suggest you have a look at those and see which pack you are drawn too first. They have helped me through many situations and now I wouldn't be without my cards at all. They have also given helpful advice to my friends and they are much easier to use when learning to give a reading to other people before you move on to tarot cards.
Old 25-05-2014, 12:16 AM
Knower

Lenormand is also another method you might want to look at!
Old 25-05-2014, 03:36 PM
LadyTerra

The classic Rider/Waite Tarot is where I began and "Tarot for Beginners" by P. Scott Hollander is very user friendly and affordable.