Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 02-09-2018, 12:46 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrogirl1966
God does not want us too be perfict,God wants us too do the Best,that we can do and he will take care of everything else.

When we're doing the best that we can, we are perfect, but WE are not on this planet, so let's wait and see what happens...
Old 08-09-2018, 06:46 AM
Pathfinder

What all religions today forget to teach is how difficult it actually is to become Enlighten, yes Enlightement is actually the goal of all religions. In the Bible it is said that it is harder for a humanbeing to get to heaven then it is for a camel to go thru a eye of a needle.

But also what we call religion today is actually cultivation path, cultivation of mind and body, or should i say cleaning of mind and body. To take away every immorallity, bad thoughts and bad actions as human being. To understand enlightement one must remove all human attachments to life, to let go.

This is why it is so difficult path
Old 09-09-2018, 03:24 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanaki
What all religions today forget to teach is how difficult it actually is to become Enlighten, yes Enlightement is actually the goal of all religions. In the Bible it is said that it is harder for a humanbeing to get to heaven then it is for a camel to go thru a eye of a needle.

But also what we call religion today is actually cultivation path, cultivation of mind and body, or should i say cleaning of mind and body. To take away every immorallity, bad thoughts and bad actions as human being. To understand enlightement one must remove all human attachments to life, to let go.

This is why it is so difficult path

I'm going to call misquote as you've misquoted the bible. It actually reads:

Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of God."

which is not to say ALL humans, only RICH humans are being referenced at least in this scripture. Also it talks about the 'kingdom of god', which in my understanding is NOT the same as 'heaven'. It also (again in my understanding) has nothing to do with whatever you might want to label as being 'enlightenment'.

IOW this scripture when read as written does not back up your tale the way you think it does.

But since in general you're talking sense here to answer what you said: you've got the general idea with 'removing attachments', but you may eventually find that 'letting go' no longer works. Because you see it is such a fine idea that you eventually get attached to it?
Old 09-09-2018, 09:09 AM
Pathfinder

Thank you for putting my quote from the bible correctly.

Letting go is teaching in buddhisme and yes it is many years sinse i followed Christianity, But to let go is actually both easy and difficult in same time :)
There are subject in life that is easy to let go of, example can be, it is easy to let go of wanting alcohol (exept for those who have a hug adiction) but for a normal person to no longer drink alcohol is not difficult.

But when it comes to likes and dislikes it can become very difficult to become neutral :) because that is the tru essens in letting go. to become neutral. to only see it for what it is without judment or wanting/not wanting.

Anger is also very difficult to let go of, but when realised that to become angry at someone not only hurt the person you are angry at, it hurt you self even more. then it become easy to let go of it.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:08 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanaki
Thank you for putting my quote from the bible correctly.

Letting go is teaching in buddhisme and yes it is many years sinse i followed Christianity, But to let go is actually both easy and difficult in same time :)
There are subject in life that is easy to let go of, example can be, it is easy to let go of wanting alcohol (exept for those who have a hug adiction) but for a normal person to no longer drink alcohol is not difficult.

But when it comes to likes and dislikes it can become very difficult to become neutral :) because that is the tru essens in letting go. to become neutral. to only see it for what it is without judment or wanting/not wanting.

Anger is also very difficult to let go of, but when realised that to become angry at someone not only hurt the person you are angry at, it hurt you self even more. then it become easy to let go of it.
Then it comes to the stage where you can't let go of thinking you should let it go, then your paradigm becomes one of not letting go. When that happens you find it difficult to let go of anger or anything else. That's the irony of it all. You come to the stage where you can't let go of thinking that you have to think Spiritually about every little aspect of your Life. You become attached to non-attachment.

It's not the anger that's difficult to let go of, what's difficult to let go of is the perceptions that created the anger in the first place, the root cause. Anger has a cause and it's a 'symptom' of something far deeper inside, when you dig out the roots of the cause the anger isn't felt in the first place.

Similarly with likes and dislikes, you ask yourself what it is that you dislike about it and take it from there, the thing that sparked off your like or dislike fades from focus.

Attachment is focus.
Old 09-09-2018, 10:13 AM
Pathfinder

We see it a bit different, and that is normal :)

The way i described it have worked for me for over 20 years, but ofcourse others may not letting go the way i been teached to do it.

That is what i see as beautiful in Buddhism, there are many ways to understand the teaching but it does not make it right or wrong. it only let you gain wisdom that you you self understand, because it is a personally path others will see it different then what I do. And it is ok :)
Old 12-09-2018, 08:47 PM
Master

Perfection is something that we are led to believe is attainable, yet what is pure perfection for it means different things to each of us?

Life is not about living the perfect life where nothing goes wrong, but to have the ability to learn to deal with different situations and to understand the reactions.

From this you evolve your own moral compass and know right from wrong, and are able to discern this for yourself. It's not perfect for each scenario will be slightly different with outcomes that will also be different. That's why perfection doesn't actually exist yet we strive for it because we are led to believe that standard is an achievement.
Old 13-09-2018, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
That's why perfection doesn't actually exist yet we strive for it because we are led to believe that standard is an achievement.
Hello my friend. Perfection exists. Spirit is perfection. Higher Self is perfection. My human self is far from perfect. But I don't strive for human perfection. I recognize that my Higher Self is already perfect. I also understand that as a being of Spirit, perfection is already my birthright. I am both perfect and imperfect. That is the simple truth; it's the duality of physical incarnation and spirit reality. That truth and knowledge allows me to happily relax into life, and even enjoy and appreciate my not-so-perfect incarnated being.
Old 13-09-2018, 02:46 PM
Master
Something to consider is that perfection is a human word, concept and judgment. So in that sense yes, there is truth to the notion that perfection doesn't actually exist. Spirit isn't perfection. The perfection concept does not exist as any aspect of the (non-judgmental) Spirit state. Rather, the Spirit state IS. With regards to the OP statement -- God wants us to be perfect -- the word perfection here can be understood as the human being's inadequate attempt to comprehend the unfathomable reality of the Spirit state of IS.
Old 14-09-2018, 01:12 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
That's why perfection doesn't actually exist yet we strive for it because we are led to believe that standard is an achievement.
And that, my dear Froebellian, is perfection itself.
Well it would be, but "led to believe" an illusion and achievement is ego-based.