Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-09-2017, 06:02 PM
Master
The Universe Is More Mental Than Physical

We are always dealing with our own consciousness, even if we think we are dealing with someone else and what they have said or done. We are always dealing with our own conscience and what we have put in our own consciousness; our conscience is as a gateway to our own consciousness, and some things which we have put in our consciousness we have nurtured more than others. We have a passion for some things more than others and then there are those things which were thrust upon us over the course of our human life. These things are floating around in our consciousness as well. Things from our childhood, etc.

True clarity is when we have cleared our consciousness, and that clearing process goes deep within our own sub-conscious nature to things which we may have long buried there. We care for our physical body on a daily basis but most people do not take care of their own mind until something goes screwy and then they will take some medication or see a therapist, etc. I am having a wonderful time communing and interacting with my own consciousness, and grateful for the awareness to recognize what I have put in my consciousness, some of those things going back decades.

Mental states are physical states as what we dwell upon in our mind will find its way into our cellular physical structure. We all have our cross to bear, physical, mental, or emotional limitations which challenge us. No one, no doctor or health practitioner, can know us the way that we know ourselves. I feel challenged just dealing with my seventy-year-old physical body. I have found that most spiritual seekers came out of very traumatic backgrounds or have some potentially debilitating condition which requires constant maintenance. Often it is their perceived limitations that spur them to seek after a greater truth.

I do love the silence that I experience when I quiet my mind and I have come to realize that the closer I get to the source of any experience the stronger that experience becomes. Silence has a source which we humans may refer to as a “void.” People often associate the word “silence” with the word “peace. “ Well, when we quiet our mind there is a “peace which surpasses understanding.”

That void sometimes enters my consciousness and it often startles me because it comes on suddenly, a very deep and pervasive empty expansive whose peripheral is experienced as silence, when delved into deeper presents a very thick and unfathomably quiet void; although it is not a “void” at all. Which to my inquisitive mind has an ominous presence. I have often wondered how cognitive dissidence, or what we humans’ generally may call “mental disorders,” are related to spiritual matters. What we humans experience as “silence” is but a faint emanation coming from an expansive depth of incredible stillness and overwhelming quiet. A depth which is in the here and now and we experience its emanations as silence just as we experience the emanations from the sun as sunlight.

We humans are conditioned in a three-dimensional environment transitioning into an environment that may be beyond three dimensions. Its’ strange because I know I live and have my being in the midst of that “void” every moment of my existence, while I sit here and talk about it like it is something which is over there removed from my immediate presence. We sit in the midst of infinity while we contemplate how to access infinity. Funny, how the mind wants to know what the heart already understands. We are born with everything we need to make a smooth transition when we withdraw from our physical existence.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starman
We are always dealing with our own consciousness, even if we think we are dealing with someone else and what they have said or done.
I have to disagree in a general way if it does not include understanding, awareness and as you said clarity. I look at people and find they express what they think, obviously what we call good and bad. The idea of consciousness is not enough. What about people who chooses and acts negatively in my view when, say anger is expressed by them, and not you. Is this not consciousness that takes physical form. What about a bully that taunts a person? Am I really dealing with my own consciousness here. I guess in a way when I say stop it but I don't think you mean that. (Bullying should not happen and this my point, yet it does) It is that which should not happen that does. Consciousness includes physical manifesting that agrees with consciousness in the form of violence say. How am I dealing with my own consciousness then. By telling a person to stop. What if I am forced by another's, not my consciousness, but an expressed consciousness I don't do. Using your philosophy for a time I tried remaining neutral to things just knowing having an awareness of thought which should not have taken place pointing it out, but whether one is neutral or not will take place. You are part of it, you are drawn into the drama of others. Others are part of it, others drawn in, this is especially true in groups. Groups do things as an individual they would not, it's crazy. Yes, at some time people will have to deal with what they have said and done but in a future context, reflecting, meditating, and so on when it is found and one will have to explain it. It is at this time they will see and deal with it. I saw this one day happening. You are talking in the future tense versus the moment. We are such emotional creatures. I think you mean realization! I'm thinking in terms of power and control which I have seen. Are you at all talking about making a choice?
Old 06-09-2017, 07:53 PM
Master

Quote:
True clarity is when we have cleared our consciousness,
Yes. I love this.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:27 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I have to disagree in a general way if it does not include understanding, awareness and as you said clarity. I look at people and find they express what they think, obviously what we call good and bad. The idea of consciousness is not enough. What about people who chooses and acts negatively in my view when, say anger is expressed by them, and not you. Is this not consciousness that takes physical form. What about a bully that taunts a person? Am I really dealing with my own consciousness here. I guess in a way when I say stop it but I don't think you mean that. (Bullying should not happen and this my point, yet it does) It is that which should not happen that does. Consciousness includes physical manifesting that agrees with consciousness in the form of violence say. How am I dealing with my own consciousness then. By telling a person to stop. What if I am forced by another's, not my consciousness, but an expressed consciousness I don't do. Using your philosophy for a time I tried remaining neutral to things just knowing having an awareness of thought which should not have taken place pointing it out, but whether one is neutral or not will take place. You are part of it, you are drawn into the drama of others. Others are part of it, others drawn in, this is especially true in groups. Groups do things as an individual they would not, it's crazy. Yes, at some time people will have to deal with what they have said and done but in a future context, reflecting, meditating, and so on when it is found and one will have to explain it. It is at this time they will see and deal with it. I saw this one day happening. You are talking in the future tense versus the moment. We are such emotional creatures. I think you mean realization! I'm thinking in terms of power and control which I have seen. Are you at all talking about making a choice?
Thank you for your response, an excellent observation depending on one’s perspective. Yes, I agree “consciousness does take physical form” but that does not make it any less consciousness; it might be said that consciousness is the foundation of physical form.

Expressed consciousness is no less consciousness no more than sunlight is a part of the sun. I believe that we attract people and things into our lives by what is contained within our sphere of consciousness; as there is really no such thing as “individual consciousness“ but there is the illusion of separateness; a creation fragmented into comprehensive diversity, that can be said to be a tapestry, but in my opinion seems more like a melting pot, or more accurately a merging pot.

If someone sends me a distasteful expression I can react or be proactive; and my first reaction is usually to ask myself “what part of this do I own, and what part of this is just here for my further education?" Now distasteful expressions can be painful, brutal, and even deadly. I am protected by my inner light; I have seen this develop in me over the decades, where I am moved to go left instead of going right, or have been in situations where there was a lot of angst and disgust on the outside while I was feeling the very sweet and rich feeling of love within, and that love came thru me and helped to transform those people who had that angst and disgust.

I do not believe that “truth” is something which we should agree upon; rather truth is something, in my opinion, which we should experience for ourselves; yes, I am somewhat of a Gnostic. Nothing in this life is personal, but everything is subjective, and yet we all have “personal” power, a power which most people just give away or neglect. What most people do most of their life is compare and contrast something with something else; which means most people go through life reacting to life; without realizing that they may be creating mental constructs that will dictate behavior.

We live and have our being in the moment; the eternal now; as it is always now and when 8:pm gets here it will be “now.” We are a process in progress going through an illusive transformation, seemingly in time and space, but actually always fixed firmly in the here and now; as experience takes place in the moment. Any concepts about the future are but mental constructs, as mental images create memories of the past. In my opinion the moment is really all there is; everything thing else is but a dance of shadow and light.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:42 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Thank you for your response, an excellent observation depending on one’s perspective. Yes, I agree “consciousness does take physical form” but that does not make it any less consciousness; it might be said that consciousness is the foundation of physical form.

Expressed consciousness is no less consciousness no more than sunlight is a part of the sun. I believe that we attract people and things into our lives by what is contained within our sphere of consciousness; as there is really no such thing as “individual consciousness“ but there is the illusion of separateness; a creation fragmented into comprehensive diversity, that can be said to be a tapestry, but in my opinion seems more like a melting pot, or more accurately a merging pot.

If someone sends me a distasteful expression I can react or be proactive; and my first reaction is usually to ask myself “what part of this do I own, and what part of this is just here for my further education?" Now distasteful expressions can be painful, brutal, and even deadly. I am protected by my inner light; I have seen this develop in me over the decades, where I am moved to go left instead of going right, or have been in situations where there was a lot of angst and disgust on the outside while I was feeling the very sweet and rich feeling of love within, and that love came thru me and helped to transform those people who had that angst and disgust.

I do not believe that “truth” is something which we should agree upon; rather truth is something, in my opinion, which we should experience for ourselves; yes, I am somewhat of a Gnostic. Nothing in this life is personal, but everything is subjective, and yet we all have “personal” power, a power which most people just give away or neglect. What most people do most of their life is compare and contrast something with something else; which means most people go through life reacting to life; without realizing that they may be creating mental constructs that will dictate behavior.

We live and have our being in the moment; the eternal now; as it is always now and when 8:pm gets here it will be “now.” We are a process in progress going through an illusive transformation, seemingly in time and space, but actually always fixed firmly in the here and now; as experience takes place in the moment. Any concepts about the future are but mental constructs, as mental images create memories of the past. In my opinion the moment is really all there is; everything thing else is but a dance of shadow and light.

I asked this question in anotehr thread to Spirit Guide Sparrow, but would be interested in your perspective Starman.

You responded to my question about fear sometimes I feel that I sense a fear and it gets very vivid, I have images of it, or dreams of it. Often it involves people I care about. Just as a small example I am afraid of UV rays harming people, I talk about it a lot, to say be careful. Then yesterday I put a baby on a cushion and didn't realize that there were gaps in the curtain. The baby got burnt and I felt so terrible my heart hurt. This is just one example where I think my fears are not just fears. What is wrong with me? I am scared my fears will happen.

I love someone and want them to be happy yet very often when I am upset, I am the one that hurts them. I have no idea how to reconcile this heart wish with my own anger.

Or I want to be wealthy but over the years I have made decisions which have not been wise. These are just some examples. A friend pulled cards and it said maybe things won't change. I feel so .. ridiculous - I hae heard of things like mental more than physical, I have sensed unity before, heard silence, but I am just a hot mess .. I'd appreciate your assistance.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Excellent op, Starman!!

" ...it might be said that consciousness is the foundation of physical form." That's funny...you're being so gentle and diplomatic.
If Jesus had been that way he might not have bounded out on the water!! Lol... He knew exactly what it was...
a dream, made of Dream Stuff, held together by thought..there is no matter.
Oops, I'm not being very diplomatic...hahahahahaha.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-09-2017, 09:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
I asked this question in anotehr thread to Spirit Guide Sparrow, but would be interested in your perspective Starman.

You responded to my question about fear sometimes I feel that I sense a fear and it gets very vivid, I have images of it, or dreams of it. Often it involves people I care about. Just as a small example I am afraid of UV rays harming people, I talk about it a lot, to say be careful. Then yesterday I put a baby on a cushion and didn't realize that there were gaps in the curtain. The baby got burnt and I felt so terrible my heart hurt. This is just one example where I think my fears are not just fears. What is wrong with me? I am scared my fears will happen.

I love someone and want them to be happy yet very often when I am upset, I am the one that hurts them. I have no idea how to reconcile this heart wish with my own anger.

Or I want to be wealthy but over the years I have made decisions which have not been wise. These are just some examples. A friend pulled cards and it said maybe things won't change. I feel so .. ridiculous - I hae heard of things like mental more than physical, I have sensed unity before, heard silence, but I am just a hot mess .. I'd appreciate your assistance.

I will share with you what I have to offer at this moment but you would benefit more from a face-to-face meeting with a trained counselor. Maybe at your school, place of work, or a county facility might help you to that end. It is important for me to share that disclaimer because I am not acting in the capacity of a professional nor do I claim to have any supernatural gifts.

If a person is really going to give advice they should have some background on the subject, or person, on which they are advising; so advise on the internet is skewed because of a lack of comprehensive background and input from others who have had contact with you; in short what advise I have to offer may be superficial at best.

First, I think you need to stop thinking in terms of “right“ and “wrong“ on this because if you want to change your behavior you must first embrace and accept yourself just as you currently are right now. You will see your self a lot clearer if you stop putting yourself down and focusing on what is “wrong“ with you. Keep a journal or diary and write down all the things you would like to change about your self.

Being organized has helped me constantly be successful more than anything else, but you have also got to get some tools, meditation, guided imagery, etc., to help you organize your internal world as well. Write down how you feel, etc., and get feedback from your friends, etc., but stop thinking that something is wrong with you. You have a challenge that interferes with your emotional and social states, etc. Although, it seems to me like you are looking for a diagnosis; and there are lots of diagnosis out there which fit the little bit which you have shared. But if a person/professional gives you the wrong diagnosis then you will receive the wrong treatment. So I am not going to venture into diagnostic labels or categories.

When I was in college I liked essay exams more than any other type of test because you write down everything and in all that writing, there somewhere, is the answer. It will be the same way if you keep a journal. We all have our own answers, and we need to look within ourselves for those answers. Journaling or keeping a diary, as well as meditation, contemplation, counseling, being organized, and a host of other things could help you achieve your desires. Diagnostic labels aside, every human being on Earth needs to work on themselves. We give to each other the work or lack of work which we have done on ourselves.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Excellent op, Starman!!

" ...it might be said that consciousness is the foundation of physical form." That's funny...you're being so gentle and diplomatic.
If Jesus had been that way he might not have bounded out on the water!! Lol... He knew exactly what it was...
a dream, made of Dream Stuff, held together by thought..there is no matter.
Oops, I'm not being very diplomatic...hahahahahaha.
Love you Miss Hepburn; thanks for the laugh.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:47 PM
Master

We are always dealing with our own consciousness, even if we think we are dealing with someone else and what they have said or done.

Indeed. Everything that we experience is happening within our own consciousness. We cannot experience anything outside our consciousness.

The example was given above of seeing a bully taunting a person. How do we experience that bully? Through the sense perceptions of sight and hearing, which our mind interprets as an external person behaving unpleasantly and we form a judgement about that.

Yet all this is happening within our own consciousness. The taunter and the person being taunted only exist for us as sense perceptions. The words used are just another sense perception. Any interpretation and judgements of these sense perceptions occur within us.

In other words, even though we all participate in an apparent shared objective reality, all that we can know is our own subjective experience.

That applies to this forum. This forum is an apparent shared objective reality where various people put forward their ideas. We read postings, we assume the existence of various people around the world making these postings, we enjoy reading some postings, we disagree with other postings. But what I am actually experiencing is sitting at my desk looking at words on a screen and typing other words in response. The next time I open my computer, more words have appeared. But it is all subjective experience within my own consciousness.

And we can take it a stage further. We see words and interpret those words a certain way. But all that we really see are shapes and colours, and our minds give meaning to these shapes and colours, and we experience the shifting of mental or emotional energies as a response to the meaning we give.

So all that we experience is simply movement occurring within consciousness. The strange thing is that we sometimes get upset by what is happening within our own consciousness; perhaps we believe that someone who only exists (for us) as our mental construct should behave differently or should speak differently. It is such a convincing drama that we get caught up in it all and behave as if it is real and valid.

Peace.
Old 06-09-2017, 10:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat

Indeed. Everything that we experience is happening within our own consciousness. We cannot experience anything outside our consciousness.

The example was given above of seeing a bully taunting a person. How do we experience that bully? Through the sense perceptions of sight and hearing, which our mind interprets as an external person behaving unpleasantly and we form a judgement about that.

Yet all this is happening within our own consciousness. The taunter and the person being taunted only exist for us as sense perceptions. The words used are just another sense perception. Any interpretation and judgements of these sense perceptions occur within us.

In other words, even though we all participate in an apparent shared objective reality, all that we can know is our own subjective experience.

That applies to this forum. This forum is an apparent shared objective reality where various people put forward their ideas. We read postings, we assume the existence of various people around the world making these postings, we enjoy reading some postings, we disagree with other postings. But what I am actually experiencing is sitting at my desk looking at words on a screen and typing other words in response. The next time I open my computer, more words have appeared. But it is all subjective experience within my own consciousness.

And we can take it a stage further. We see words and interpret those words a certain way. But all that we really see are shapes and colours, and our minds give meaning to these shapes and colours, and we experience the shifting of mental or emotional energies as a response to the meaning we give.

So all that we experience is simply movement occurring within consciousness. The strange thing is that we sometimes get upset by what is happening within our own consciousness; perhaps we believe that someone who only exists (for us) as our mental construct should behave differently or should speak differently. It is such a convincing drama that we get caught up in it all and behave as if it is real and valid.

Peace.

Thank you, excellent insights. I find it interesting that most multi-lingual people think in the language which they were taught as a child and not languages which they may have later learned. Language is nothing more than a code; we call one code English and another code German, etc.

Every so-called “mistake” or mishap which I have ever had in my life was due to my own unconsciousness; or a lack of awareness. I have shared here in this forum many times in the past how I was a U.S. Army Vietnam veteran who lost his eyesight and was totally blind for about 5-years. One of the lessons from that experience of blindness was how we look with our eyes but see with our awareness, and when I was blind I saw things which I failed to see when I had 20/20 vision.

We can look directly at something physical and not see it; because it blends in or we just do not have the perception to see. Awareness is how we see. We can look into our own consciousness and become aware of the currents, patterns, and constructs, which have been placed there; we can see how they effect our interaction with ourselves and the outside world. We are always dealing with our own consciousness.