Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 25-04-2017, 09:57 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Mind before Matter

I use self-hypnosis in my quest for spiritual development.

While in trance, the answers to the questions I ask are very concise, and startling in their straightforwardness. I also noticed that the answer pops in my mind before I finish formulating my question. If I finish my formulation without an answer, then I won't get an answer, and I have to avoid rationalizing it.

It seems that my intention for the question forms in my mind, then my brain formulates it. Whatever higher source, that answers it, gets the question directly from my mind, and, when it sees fit to reply, it does it instantaneously, hence it arrives into my mind while my brain still formulates the question. From the brain point of view it is like and invalidation of the causality principle, the cause (question) doesn't precede the effect (answer).

It is an amazing feeling to notice that, and even a more amazing feeling concluding about what that means.
Old 28-04-2017, 01:03 AM
Experiencer

It may help to understand that the question itself forms before the brain processes the question into words (whether this is spoken on non-verbal). There's a 'thought-form' of that question that exists prior to the sequence of words that are a representation of that thought-form. As such, this thought-form can be answered before the words are spoken.

You might also recognise that, in many cases, the answer is also given as a thought-form.. a complete understanding of the topic in one little package.

There's some interesting work by two people; Jean Piaget vs. Lev Vygotsky. Their work covers the concepts of verbal and non-verbal thought, and how these help/hinder learning and action. In some ways, it may help you understand the relevance to the causality principle.
Old 28-04-2017, 02:07 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnate
It may help to understand that the question itself forms before the brain processes the question into words (whether this is spoken on non-verbal). There's a 'thought-form' of that question that exists prior to the sequence of words that are a representation of that thought-form. As such, this thought-form can be answered before the words are spoken.

You might also recognise that, in many cases, the answer is also given as a thought-form.. a complete understanding of the topic in one little package.

There's some interesting work by two people; Jean Piaget vs. Lev Vygotsky. Their work covers the concepts of verbal and non-verbal thought, and how these help/hinder learning and action. In some ways, it may help you understand the relevance to the causality principle.

(miffed) your no fun your demystifying everything lol! But really you can learn to see the thought forms form if you want
Old 29-04-2017, 05:14 AM
Experiencer

Yeah, you can :)

While I've rarely seen thought forms, I do readily pick up words and thoughts.. just not 'see' them overly often.

I've had conversations with people who could readily see/know what I was thinking.. And while most people seem to respond negatively to 'ahh.. he can read my mind', I've grown up with this, and it's a wonderful thing when your 'message' is understood in its entirety, emotions, secret fears and all without needing to say a word.

It's also helped me understand that some unwanted / undesired emotions/thoughts/impulses that pop up unbidden are normal and that there are good reasons for them to be there. There have been times in the past where I've been embarrassed or ashamed when a certain thought has come to mind.. only to immediately receive reassurance that those thoughts are normal, and then have the reasoning for why they are there be provided to me.
Old 29-04-2017, 11:51 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Icosahedron Has 31 Left and Right Bisecting Great Planes

Experience{ physical } precedes thought{ concept }. Without the physical/energetic thing of experience there can be no access to the metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concept.

For humans this is the nervous system that consists of;
31 bilateral spinal nevers,
12-24 cranial nerves{ barin stem } and,
the bilateral,set of two hemi-spheres, connected by,
the corpus callasum.

https://www.google.com/search?q=anat...ih=585#imgrc=_

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 29-04-2017, 03:49 PM
Experiencer

You forgot that the heart also has neurons :)

Not to be mistaken for 'brain cells' as this article points out:
http://theness.com/neurologicablog/i...-in-the-heart/
Old 29-04-2017, 05:25 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Arrow

Quote:
12-24 cranial nerves{ brain stem }

One or more of these neurons connect to the heart, gut, face and more.

r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Experience{ physical } precedes thought{ concept }. Without the physical/energetic thing of experience there can be no access to the metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concept.

For humans this is the nervous system that consists of;
31 bilateral spinal nevers,
12-24 cranial nerves{ barin stem } and,
the bilateral,set of two hemi-spheres, connected by,
the corpus callasum.

https://www.google.com/search?q=anat...ih=585#imgrc=_

r6

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 30-04-2017, 05:01 AM
Experiencer

I'm a little unsure of your post.. but sure, neurons connect to our entire body by nerves.

But the heart actually has neurons around it, not just a connection to neurons in the brain.
Old 30-04-2017, 12:28 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnate
I'm a little unsure of your post.. but sure, neurons connect to our entire body by nerves.
But the heart actually has neurons around it, not just a connection to neurons in the brain.

Experience precdes thought was my original post. You thought I was leaving out consideration of the heart.

I was not, The heart neurons via cranial nerve{s} are part of wholistic system I referred to as the nervous system that includes the brain, cranial nerves and spinal nerves.

Crainial nerves also connect to gut{ vagus nerve } and face if not specifcally tongue.

Nervous system = experience, if not more specifically,a complex experience and that precedes access to metaphysical-1, mind/intellect/concept/thoughts and our resultant, spirit-of-intention.

Thanks for info about neurons in heart.

r6

Old 30-04-2017, 05:59 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Experience precdes thought was my original post. ...
r6
Obviously , NOT always. See the OP's post, the subject of this thread.