Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 13-04-2017, 11:30 AM
Newbie ;)

How to call the Morrigan as a Patron goddess?

How Would I contact the Morrigan exactly? I'm new, but have always held interest in Paganism, as well as the Irish and Assyrian Pantheons especially.
Old 13-04-2017, 09:50 PM
Master

Hello Xylospring20,

Can I ask why you want to contact the Morrigan. You do know that she's a goddess of death, do you not, who along with her two sisters Badhbh and Macha form the triple goddess of war. She's also known, sometimes, as the Washer of the Ford and is seen as a weeping woman washing blood-stained shrouds at a ford in a river. So she is associated with war, grief, mutilation, shapeshifting and other things - are you sure you want to contact, and can handle, a goddess of this nature?

You say you're new to paganism, which would indicate you don't have a lot of experience communicating with deities and other spirits and energies. In which case I would suggest you practice for a few months first before contacting any deities. As you learn and move along your path you may find that a deity calls you.

If you're interested in Celtic Paganism there's a good book called "Glamoury - Magic of the Celtic Green World" by Steve Blamires.
Old 13-04-2017, 10:41 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
Hello Xylospring20,

Can I ask why you want to contact the Morrigan. You do know that she's a goddess of death, do you not, who along with her two sisters Badhbh and Macha form the triple goddess of war. She's also known, sometimes, as the Washer of the Ford and is seen as a weeping woman washing blood-stained shrouds at a ford in a river. So she is associated with war, grief, mutilation, shapeshifting and other things - are you sure you want to contact, and can handle, a goddess of this nature?

You say you're new to paganism, which would indicate you don't have a lot of experience communicating with deities and other spirits and energies. In which case I would suggest you practice for a few months first before contacting any deities. As you learn and move along your path you may find that a deity calls you.

If you're interested in Celtic Paganism there's a good book called "Glamoury - Magic of the Celtic Green World" by Steve Blamires.

Hello Jenny, I want to contact her as she also has a healing aspect. She sets trials for those, and I would not mind being tested, I can handle a lot being thrown at me, so I'm certain I can handle her, I always manage to surprise people when faced with a task, so I'm not worried.

In the case of me being new, very well then, I'll practice, but could use a teacher then to guide me, I presume.
Old 14-04-2017, 12:00 AM
Newbie ;)

If you're called to The Morrigan, then so be it.

My advice is to commune with crows or rooks for a while and become comfortable with these denizens - tread carefully, though, because they are what they are and you are what you are (retain your sovereignty of Self and maintain healthy boundaries.)

You may discover foundational ritual work through this avenue, you may not, but I encourage you to be yourself, and especially maintain that strong sense of Self you seem to possess.

Paganism is fundamentally human by my reckoning and I've explored many in-between places on my own, shouldering the consequences. I recognized myself in those places and regret nothing.

Ádh mór ort!
Old 14-04-2017, 12:28 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fremen
If you're called to The Morrigan, then so be it.

My advice is to commune with crows or rooks for a while and become comfortable with these denizens - tread carefully, though, because they are what they are and you are what you are (retain your sovereignty of Self and maintain healthy boundaries.)

You may discover foundational ritual work through this avenue, you may not, but I encourage you to be yourself, and especially maintain that strong sense of Self you seem to possess.

Paganism is fundamentally human by my reckoning and I've explored many in-between places on my own, shouldering the consequences. I recognized myself in those places and regret nothing.

Ádh mór ort!

Hello Fremen, Are there any boundaries I should be careful of, and things I should be weary of, especially with Morrigan? I've always liked crows and Ravens, especially Ravens as they've been my favourite bird. How exactly may I commune with them? They always seem to be around me most of the time when birds are here, yet if I go towards them they stay away or fly away, even when I'm still what I'd guess is a good distance.
Old 14-04-2017, 12:46 AM
Master

Well, that's good that you have confidence; I've not heard of the Morrigan having any healing properties, however.

If you're looking for healing deities here are a few: Airmed, Apollo, Artemis; Brighid. This site may give you some more info on the Morrigan: http://goddessschool.com/projects/Je...eMorrigan.html
Old 14-04-2017, 12:58 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Well, that's good that you have confidence; I've not heard of the Morrigan having any healing properties, however.

If you're looking for healing deities here are a few: Airmed, Apollo, Artemis; Brighid. This site may give you some more info on the Morrigan: ]

Thank you for the options Jenny, I will look into them, though I'm still settled on the Morrigan. Can you possibly assist me along the way sometimes?
Old 14-04-2017, 03:10 AM
Master

The first thing I'd suggest is to sit quietly and meditate on her. She may come to you or she may not. But meditation is good in any case. Read all you can about her - for example that site I gave you - and find out her associations and the animals connected with her, then make a little altar to her and talk to her. You may not have any luck at all at first, but keep trying. Keep tabs on your dreams, too, my goddess came to me through my very vivid dreams.
Old 14-04-2017, 03:35 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
The first thing I'd suggest is to sit quietly and meditate on her. She may come to you or she may not. But meditation is good in any case. Read all you can about her - for example that site I gave you - and find out her associations and the animals connected with her, then make a little altar to her and talk to her. You may not have any luck at all at first, but keep trying. Keep tabs on your dreams, too, my goddess came to me through my very vivid dreams.

Thank you Jenny, I'll do that. When it comes to a little Altar, how do I begin? What would she require or like the most in the altar? Then again, I suppose I can look at the website you provided now that I'm almost done writing this reply.
Old 14-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Master

Yep, you'll get ideas from there, lol