Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 20-01-2018, 05:37 AM
Master

Siberian Shamans ….

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/Turanian-Sh...7305440999197/

Old 22-01-2018, 12:40 AM
Newbie ;)

OMG!! A thread on SF I can actually reply to! Yes!!11
Old 22-01-2018, 08:05 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystal Ambassador
When I first began to look into Shamanism, and even nowadays when I find sites or books about it, I often notice that it is said a shamanic practitioner is "chosen" and must have a sign such as being struck by lightning, a near-death experience, or being bitten by a poisonous snake.

Oddly, in my experience I've met a few people who have been shamanic practitioners and yet didn't experience as dramatic an experience as that. Often, when I talk to people who can or have the potential to study this practice, I see them withhold action for fear of not being "chosen", as they haven't had one of the experiences that is a traditional requirement. Yet, often they feel a deep resonance with the practice and feel they are meant to follow it.

I'm curious to hear from those of you who are shamanic practitioners what it is that drew you to it, if you had one of those or a similar traditional experience, and also to hear from those of you who support or don't support the traditional requirements. Why do you feel the way you do?

I'm glad that someone ressurected this thread :)

Last year, after a string of ridiculous bad luck, I was told that it was all happening because I was being made aware that I was straying away from my calling. I had absolutely no idea what was happening but I knew the unpleasant events were a way of telling me something. Prior to that, I actually was struck by lightning a couple of years ago! I also survived a really strange car accident and walked out without a scratch even though I really shouldn't have. I'm not a practitioner yet but am currently in training.