Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 29-01-2016, 12:50 AM
Super Moderator
My kindest thoughts to you PurpleMist.
Blessings to your dear Dad, who is now released from a body of pain and restriction. He will go well, as there is much love with him.

Blessings to you both.

Remember, please, his love can reach your heart and your love reaches his. He is 'more alive' than he ever was here, and loves you very very much.
Old 29-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Master

So sorry to hear about your dear father. My heart goes out to you....

Though it broke your heart, it probably was a blessed relief to him, to be freed from his sufferings.
He is happy now, 'young' again and reunited with his mum and dad and Barney. Take comfort in that.

Stay strong, dear soul. You will cope. Everything will be alright.

Though he is no longer in the physical world, you remain his ambassador on earth. Resolve to do him proud.
And I'm sure you will.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 29-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Experiencer

Sending you strength and hope . It will be a tough time....this life lesson...but you must be strong for yourself and other family members.

His spirit is still there with you and always will be. At some point you will know this and maybe get some signs .

My husband passed over also a few months ago...cancer too. Life is hard but just hold it,together. Your father would want that.

Big hugs to,you
Old 29-01-2016, 04:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Hi PurpleMist

I'm so sorry you are going through this. Unfortunately I know exactly what it's like - my dad died of terminal cancer just 3 months ago. He went downhill very quickly and I totally understand the pain of seeing your father so thin and frail. At the end, he looked like a Holocaust victim. Fortunately he died at peace in my presence which was very healing for me. I take a lot of comfort in the fact he is not suffering anymore and is in a better place. Hold onto your spiritual faith at this time if it brings you comfort and make the last days/weeks/months with your dad a time of quiet healing and reflection. Before my dad became too sick we used to look at and talk about family photos. I didn't have the best upbringing so that in itself was very healing. When you look back those reflective times will most likely mean a lot. Thinking of you. Do pm if you need to talk.
Old 29-01-2016, 09:36 PM
Pathfinder
Thank you for all your kind and thoughtful messages, they mean so much to me at such a difficult time. I promised my Dad I would be there for my Mum and support her and I will. I also told him that I will make him proud, which I will. I think our family is still in shock as it all happened so fast, but as I said previously, on reflection, my Dad had subconsciously/unknowingly been saying goodbye to the important places and people for a while over the last few years.

I believe that he sent a little sign yesterday morning. I was driving up to my parents house and a van came the other way with big green writing on the front. It said 'Ted'. That was one of the pet names my Dad used for me all the time. Ive never ever seen this van before and I immediately gave him thanks, as I truly believe that he was letting me know he was safe.

Fly high with the Angels Dad, thank you for being my hero, thank you for being the best Dad in the world. I've learned such a lot from your timeless wisdom and patience. I love you xxx
Old 29-01-2016, 09:52 PM
Administrator
Hi PurpleMist,

My thoughts and prayers are with you

Namaste
Old 30-01-2016, 04:18 PM
Experiencer
I feel your pain and your sadness having gone through similar <3 You just want to hold on. My mother was also very spiritual, I learnt much from her.
It has been just over a year now but still fresh in my mind. I ask for little signs from her and I get them, not all the time but they happen.
The first sign I've made my avatar, a photo I took.
I know she is fine and in a far better place, but understandably, we still miss their physical presence.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you ((((Hugs))))
Old 31-01-2016, 05:18 PM
Knower

Purplemist, I'm very sorry for your pain.

My father died a month ago and I want to say words that will comfort, but I can't just now, so I wasn't going to post. But, I thought just possibly it would some be small comfort to you to know that reading through your thread, reading the responses and especially your honest sharing has helped me feel not so alone in my own grief.

Thank you for your courage in sharing here.
Old 31-01-2016, 07:59 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo
Purplemist, I'm very sorry for your pain.

My father died a month ago and I want to say words that will comfort, but I can't just now, so I wasn't going to post. But, I thought just possibly it would some be small comfort to you to know that reading through your thread, reading the responses and especially your honest sharing has helped me feel not so alone in my own grief.

Thank you for your courage in sharing here.

Condolences to you as well Pleroo, and everyone who has recently experinced a loss in their lives...

Old 01-02-2016, 01:34 AM
Guide
My heart really does go out to you and everyone who is aware that their loved ones are nearing the end of their Charted Path. Both my dad and my mum made their transitions 'Home' due to cancer, and I took comfort for the time I had with them and this knowing so I could say all the things I wanted to.

I now treasure their memories, and through these they live on in me and everyone who remembers them. I sense their energy all around the universe, and I know in my very soul they will be waiting for me when it is time for me to make my transition.

I hope you and your family find peace, happiness and harmony, and I send you all my love and prayers

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking