Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 20-12-2017, 08:35 PM
Deactivated Account
My neverending battle in trying to be positive.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not placing this here to throw a pathetic pity party. I think most of you know me as ''that negative guy'' so I thought I needed to clarify something on that part. Yes, I have a negative attitude to life in general, because things just don't work out for me and my whole future life is getting blown to hell. I try my best to elevate my way of thinking to what one would call a positive stage, where I think everything will just somehow automatically sort itself up like in a fairytale. But time after time when I managed to gather a glimmer of hope and positivity, I end up losing it and having to start all over again and then it becomes even harder to be positive. To me this is like a hellish torment. This battle lasts forever and probably won't end anytime soon, so everyone; please excuse me the negativity. To most of you ''advanced'' souls, being positive is as easy as taking a candy from a baby, but to me it is about as difficult as driving a car without a steering wheel.
Old 20-12-2017, 09:43 PM
Master
I can appreciate your attitude, but I don't know what I or anybody else could say that hasn't probably already been said to you by friends, family, etc. I just want to ask what you think your future - a good one - has in store for you, should things turn in your favor?

Old 20-12-2017, 10:15 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
I can appreciate your attitude, but I don't know what I or anybody else could say that hasn't probably already been said to you by friends, family, etc. I just want to ask what you think your future - a good one - has in store for you, should things turn in your favor?

You don't need to say anything, I didn't create this thread to fish for advice because no soul in the entire universe or beyond knows what I feel and go through. I only wanted to let others know this because having a negative outlook is treated here like taboo and blasphemy. To me, a good future would be nothing special, but rather a 'normal' life like everyone else. I don't even need or want to be a millionaire, this is all I ask for.
Old 20-12-2017, 09:46 PM
Badcopyinc

Thoughts cause emotion.
Emotions manifest into reality.
But there is a time gap from that emotion and it manifesting.
Most people will start being positive and snowball for a while and then not see results as fast as they want and then think and feel that its pointless and doesn't work and start going back to the same mind frame that didn't work before. on a cellular level you're physically addicted to those bad feelings and may even notice yourself craving them. getting through that initial withdraw of that addiction is the hardest but everything after that is all downhill.

Have you ever learned of the Law of attraction? I don't mean from people on here. i meant actually reading books or watching movies? Have you ever read the power of now?

I ask these questions because of my path. I'm intellectual so learning the mechanics behind LOA, Buddhism and Non Duality is what made it easier for me to start applying what I learned. Seems like everything I've learned after watching the secret yrs and yrs ago has all pointed to the same thing, what you feel you create. also to accept what is. if I'm not accepting of what is, I'm creating a future id rather not have manifest.

If you're going to give it another go i would recommend getting outside or playing nature sounds. less TV, Social media and music for sure. maybe even limit contact with people who don't support positive for a short period of time to see the affects of what your aiming for before anyone has a chance to voice their opinion on your progress or intent.

Last but not least physical activity cannot be expressed enough. I have a lot less patience when I haven't been to work out in some time. Also when i eat horrible to be honest but my body is very sensitive to what i put in it.

Also judging your own self progress sometimes can hinder more than it can help. Accept where you are now as there is truly nothing wrong with it.
trying to control thoughts can hurt more than it helps. but reminding yourself as much as needed that you are fine. you will be fine and you're exactly where you're supposed to be will never hinder.
its the thoughts of what you're lacking and where you think you need to be that create more of exactly what you don't want.
Old 20-12-2017, 10:49 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badcopyinc
Thoughts cause emotion.
Most people will start being positive and snowball for a while and then not see results as fast as they want and then think and feel that its pointless and doesn't work and start going back to the same mind frame that didn't work before. on a cellular level you're physically addicted to those bad feelings and may even notice yourself craving them. getting through that initial withdraw of that addiction is the hardest but everything after that is all downhill.

Have you ever learned of the Law of attraction? I don't mean from people on here. i meant actually reading books or watching movies? Have you ever read the power of now?

I ask these questions because of my path. I'm intellectual so learning the mechanics behind LOA, Buddhism and Non Duality is what made it easier for me to start applying what I learned. Seems like everything I've learned after watching the secret yrs and yrs ago has all pointed to the same thing, what you feel you create. also to accept what is. if I'm not accepting of what is, I'm creating a future id rather not have manifest.

If you're going to give it another go i would recommend getting outside or playing nature sounds. less TV, Social media and music for sure. maybe even limit contact with people who don't support positive for a short period of time to see the affects of what your aiming for before anyone has a chance to voice their opinion on your progress or intent.

Last but not least physical activity cannot be expressed enough. I have a lot less patience when I haven't been to work out in some time. Also when i eat horrible to be honest but my body is very sensitive to what i put in it.

Also judging your own self progress sometimes can hinder more than it can help. Accept where you are now as there is truly nothing wrong with it.
trying to control thoughts can hurt more than it helps. but reminding yourself as much as needed that you are fine. you will be fine and you're exactly where you're supposed to be will never hinder.
its the thoughts of what you're lacking and where you think you need to be that create more of exactly what you don't want.

Sorry, but I don't believe in the ''law of attraction'' because it is nothing more than a theory, not a universal truth. It is metaphysical pseudoscience with conclusions based on erroneous, unfounded, and often incorrect assumptions that is held worldwide in high regard like a religion.

I go out a lot, but music is the only thing in the world that lifts my mood up because I don't listen to sad or depressive music. Also, when out in the open I tend to hide and keep my negative view on life to myself and try to keep my thoughts at the least neutral when interacting with others and I don't attract negative like-minded people at all. Also, I already ditch people who I deem to have negative influence on me or who don't contribute anything beneficial to my life.

With all of that being said, I still have no inention of giving up even if the battle proves immeasurably difficult. Either way, thanks for your reply.
Old 20-12-2017, 11:05 PM
Badcopyinc

Apologies for my initial reply didn't realize your post was a statement than asking for help.

I'm glad to hear that you are resolving to never give up.
Wish you the best of luck and also want to say I appreciate your view on a lot of things you question. Very similar to my history and helps me more than I express. Understanding the dark side of things helps me to appreciate the light that much more.

Kind of like having a glass of water. Bland and tasteless and not very exciting. Until you've walked through the desert and dehydrated yourself to an extreme. At this point you'll be able to appreciate and experience the water in a whole new way.
Old 20-12-2017, 11:15 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Apologies for my initial reply didn't realize your post was a statement than asking for help.

I'm glad to hear that you are resolving to never give up.
Wish you the best of luck and also want to say I appreciate your view on a lot of things you question. Very similar to my history and helps me more than I express. Understanding the dark side of things helps me to appreciate the lights that much more.

Kind of like having a glass of water. Bland and tasteless and not very exciting. Until you've walked through the desert and dehydrated yourself to an extreme. At this point you'll be able to appreciate and experience the water in a whole new way.

Well even if this is my thread, I cannot and will not forbid you or anyone from sharing their advice because I am a strong promoter of freedom of speech. Anyone is welcome to share their advice if they deem it to be necessary, but if it's about nonsense like law of attraction I'd rather prefer people to keep their advice to themselves in all honesty.

Thanks for your nice reply, your words are very much appreciated.
Old 29-12-2017, 06:27 PM
Master

Quote:
Thoughts cause emotion.

Not always true imo. Open the mind because what if thought was true. For instance, my own thoughts and emotions mention seem to match and recorded in experience hence LoA? What if emotions were based in reality.
Old 21-12-2017, 04:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Don't get me wrong, I'm not placing this here to throw a pathetic pity party. I think most of you know me as ''that negative guy'' so I thought I needed to clarify something on that part. Yes, I have a negative attitude to life in general, because things just don't work out for me and my whole future life is getting blown to hell. I try my best to elevate my way of thinking to what one would call a positive stage, where I think everything will just somehow automatically sort itself up like in a fairytale. But time after time when I managed to gather a glimmer of hope and positivity, I end up losing it and having to start all over again and then it becomes even harder to be positive. To me this is like a hellish torment. This battle lasts forever and probably won't end anytime soon, so everyone; please excuse me the negativity. To most of you ''advanced'' souls, being positive is as easy as taking a candy from a baby, but to me it is about as difficult as driving a car without a steering wheel.

The negative guy? When I see a topic you've recently posted on my first thoughts/ reaction is Slayer!!! Glad he is still around posting.

I resonate with much of what you say here. My life has not turned out exactly as I would have liked it either. Actually I am probably lucky. I have not lost what you have, though yes, I have lost many people myself. There isn't anyone here who could understand your situation exactly as you do, just as there isn't anyone here who could fully understand me, my circumstances or what I've been through. But that is why I feel your perspective is so needed. As all our perspectives here have something to offer, yours does as well.

I can not give you exactly every example here, but I find when I am here and I am getting all hyped up about something possibly very very crazy, or I start wearing blinders and rose colored glasses, often times I find your dose of skepticism quite needed at times to be honest. It has a grounding ability.

For the most part I enjoy reading your posts, your honesty about your situation, and that no you do not feel light and love and rainbows all the time, is what makes you imo so unique to us here. Reminds me to be honest with myself- what I need right now.

Cause honestly I don't always feel happy, light, love, positivity, and rainbow colors at all. A lot of the times I feel angry, depressed, angry again, angry at people, angry at noise angry at the world and well angry at everything. Sometimes I feel like screaming, heck sometimes I actually do. Sometimes I am not in the mood for rainbows when I come to the forum, sometimes I am just in the mood for- honesty. Being honest enough to say hey we don't have to feel positive all the time, and guess what? There really isn't anything wrong with that either.

When I see you've posted I don't just think- the negative guy. I think Slayer!!! Awesome, at least he isn't going to act like he doesn't feel any of the taboo bad emotions, because I know I do.

That is to say, your perspective imo is just as valid as any other member here.
Old 21-12-2017, 11:57 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaturninePluto
The negative guy? When I see a topic you've recently posted on my first thoughts/ reaction is Slayer!!! Glad he is still around posting.

I resonate with much of what you say here. My life has not turned out exactly as I would have liked it either. Actually I am probably lucky. I have not lost what you have, though yes, I have lost many people myself. There isn't anyone here who could understand your situation exactly as you do, just as there isn't anyone here who could fully understand me, my circumstances or what I've been through. But that is why I feel your perspective is so needed. As all our perspectives here have something to offer, yours does as well.

I can not give you exactly every example here, but I find when I am here and I am getting all hyped up about something possibly very very crazy, or I start wearing blinders and rose colored glasses, often times I find your dose of skepticism quite needed at times to be honest. It has a grounding ability.

For the most part I enjoy reading your posts, your honesty about your situation, and that no you do not feel light and love and rainbows all the time, is what makes you imo so unique to us here. Reminds me to be honest with myself- what I need right now.

Cause honestly I don't always feel happy, light, love, positivity, and rainbow colors at all. A lot of the times I feel angry, depressed, angry again, angry at people, angry at noise angry at the world and well angry at everything. Sometimes I feel like screaming, heck sometimes I actually do. Sometimes I am not in the mood for rainbows when I come to the forum, sometimes I am just in the mood for- honesty. Being honest enough to say hey we don't have to feel positive all the time, and guess what? There really isn't anything wrong with that either.

When I see you've posted I don't just think- the negative guy. I think Slayer!!! Awesome, at least he isn't going to act like he doesn't feel any of the taboo bad emotions, because I know I do.

That is to say, your perspective imo is just as valid as any other member here.

Thanks, good to know you don't think of me that way.